It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by TheBandit795

I look forward to seeing your warnings in the plethora of Republican/conservative/Beck/Fox/Plain bashing threads.

You don't even want to know how many times I have warned both sides. I and the other mods have warned left wing posters and right wing posters when they breached the T&C. It's some members that believe otherwise. We the staff, have had this discussion with left wing members accusing us of right wing bias and vice-versa enough times.

And another thing. Why is it strange or for a black man to be a tea party supporter? I'm black and if I was a U.S. citizen i would be at tea party rallies. As long as they are against the Federal Reserve, and fractional reserve banking like the original tea parties where about.

These videos are the reason why there are tea parties.

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

Google Video Link

Money as Debt

Google Video Link

Money as Debt II Promises Unleashed

I'm sure that there enough black U.S. citizens against fractional reserve banking, so it's only logical that they could be tea party supporters..

Ok.. This is my last post here...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
S&F first off. Great thread and great vid. Now I did want to add that as long as we continue to look at it as a right vs left thing, we are playing right into TPTB's hands. They are most definately on both sides and that is one of the ways they ensure they always come out on top.

Is there a liberal media full of ridiculous voodoo claims and BS pushing an agenda that has little to no truth to it? Most definately. Is there groups of liberal Americans following this? Oh you bet. Buut.... this partisan bickering most definately is exactly the end result TPTB are looking for!

If we keep taking the cheese from their traps, we'll never have the strength to fight our common enemy, that we could together.

I say don't take the bait! Fight the media because they're wrong and fight TPTB that are on BOTH SIDES too. But if anything, feel sorry for people buying into their garbage! Don't incite a fight with them. You will only push them further into the lies!

Show them the information they need to see the truth for themselves! Certainly let the truth put down their lies where they are spoken but don't fall to their level of name calling and unsubstantiated lies! We have the truth on our side after all!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The idea that one should not speak out against allegations leveled against oneself is a losing proposition. If you don't speak out in your own defense, then the only voice that is heard is the voice of he accuser. These people had every right to defend their organization from the attacked that have been repeatedly leveled against it and I applaud their actions.

As far as the political baiting issue, I actually agree with the mod on this one. We can have a lively discussion without name calling, thank you. When one descends to the realm of name calling it means that they have run out of useful things to add to a discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Stil trying to convince the rest of us the tea party is not inciting racial tension by showing us black americans in the tea party movement?

Im sorry but since when did that become a 'hall pass' for racism?

Here, let me give you alittle hint to help your efforts in convincing the rest of us here. If 'race' or 'racism' is not an issue in the tea party or among members over here, don't bring it up. If it is not an issue, there is absolutely no reason to bring it up. It does not do any good when we have these threads posted and pushed by rightwing tea party members on here involving 'race' and 'black groups' every week. We don't need to hear it and you do not need to convince us if it was never the problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
WHY WHY WHY does the Tea-Party keep saying it's fighting for Liberty?!?!?! IT'S NOT!

The "Tea Party Express" is just a front and a tit-for-tat PR campaign against accusations of racism within the Tea Party movement. Anybody who denies that the incidence of latent racism amongst Tea Partiers is greater than the average background level, then I don't know what to tell them because they're 100% blind.

The African American speakers in this video I'm sure believe what they're saying... but it should also be apparent that they are very likely to be UPPER-CLASS and therefore would be STUPID to fight against the Tea Party if they want de-regulation of big business and tax cuts for the wealthy. Because THAT is what the Tea Party will bring... a playground of unjustifiable tax cuts for the wealthy, corporations, and de-regulation in the name of "freedom" and "equality". THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT WAS LEFT-WING, and for them to pervert the civil rights movement and it's entire being towards some greedy quasi-Fascist, plutocratic right-wing cause is disgusting and enraging.

THIS IS A PR CAMPAIGN AND PURE PROPAGANDA. Almost ALL of the points made in that video were weak rhetorical goose-chases and games and they ultimately didn't have merit as I listened to them. Of COURSE the rest of you right-wingers are so elated that these rich elite black people are supporting the Tea Party that you'll be completely blinded by emotion that you're somehow "winning" (YOU'RE NOT) and will completely ignore the faults in their arguments.

In essence, this video is largely a joke. A very bad one played by the wealthy on the poor, no matter their color apparently.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
If it is not an issue, there is absolutely no reason to bring it up.

Except that if it's not brought up, then the claims that the Tea Party movement is racist will persist. But yeah, other than disputing those claims there's no reason to bring it up.

Now, if we could just put an end to all the "The tea party is racist because it just is!!!" posts....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
If EVERYONE would just stop talking about, acknowledging, drawing attention to racism FOR ANY REASON, it just might shrivel up and go away. Otherwise, this is what we all will continually have deal with.

They were wrong to bring this up, whovever started it. Just let it be, people.

Please recall who has played the race card from the moment BHO decided to run for president. And NOW you want to tell everyone to stop even mentioning race?

Could libs even be more hypocritical?

Not a chance.

Obama won because he demonstrated more intelligence and a better vision of the future than McCain. Now whether he's delivering on that is another story... HOWEVER, the fact that he's part minority is icing on the cake (especially for African Americans). It shouldn't be ignored because it is an absolutely momentous historic time to have elected a black president in the United States. It'd be silly to ignore that fact. He didn't win because of his race... if he did then Al Sharpton could have run and had an equal chance, but something tells me that isn't so... (no offense to Al Sharpton)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Awesome!

And worth watching. S and F

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
If it is not an issue, there is absolutely no reason to bring it up.

Except that if it's not brought up, then the claims that the Tea Party movement is racist will persist.

The people I have seen persist on 'race' or 'racism' and how 'racist' certain groups can be on this forum alone have been at most tea party members on this forum, infact this is the what? 5th thread Iv seen from a tea party conservative member on this forum bring up race and racism in this past month. Iv hardly ever seen the topic brought by other members, the very few I haven seen barely gain any attention.

In anycase the arguement you made goes to another point Jenna. There will be all kinds of criticism launched towards the tea parties, as there are all kinds of criticism towards the president, as there are all kinds of criticism towards the political parties, as there are all kinds of criticism towards ideologies. I have my own bones to pick with the tea party and yes I do believe racism is fueled by many in the tea party but at the same time I do recognize there are outside groups that are equally guilty of false or hypocritical attacks. Take for example the Black panthers that insisted the tea party was a racist movement...
This coming from the black panther party? This is why nobody listens or takes what the black panther party says seriously.

So to my point, if tea party members are so insistent that race is of no issue within their movement, they do not need to bring it up time and time again, neither do they need to respond to other hypocritical and misguided groups who have said all kinds of things in the past. If race was not an issue in the tea party, it should not be made out to be an issue. The tea party should have to deal with criticism and comments just as the other groups and individuals they had targeted towards. For a group that shouts and screams on a daily basis to other groups or individuals, its expected that it will receive some of that right back.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I saw Zoe and new this would be good.

It was.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
See? No one is willing to STOP or even IGNORE the nonsense first. Racism or whatever the lie-of-the-week is.

You just HAVE to address it or defend it because otherwise it will look like you LOST or something.

So enjoy your endless, vicious cycle of a battle, which, frankly, most people are getting SICK of.

Ghandi was so right. You're all getting blind.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If you don't want it, don't click the thread. People have a right to express their patriotism to whatever they want. And if a person gets annoyed for being claimed not to exist, they have a right to argue that they do exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
WHY WHY WHY does the Tea-Party keep saying it's fighting for Liberty?!?!?! IT'S NOT!

The "Tea Party Express" is just a front and a tit-for-tat PR campaign against accusations of racism within the Tea Party movement. Anybody who denies that the incidence of latent racism amongst Tea Partiers is greater than the average background level, then I don't know what to tell them because they're 100% blind.

The African American speakers in this video I'm sure believe what they're saying... but it should also be apparent that they are very likely to be UPPER-CLASS and therefore would be STUPID to fight against the Tea Party if they want de-regulation of big business and tax cuts for the wealthy. Because THAT is what the Tea Party will bring... a playground of unjustifiable tax cuts for the wealthy, corporations, and de-regulation in the name of "freedom" and "equality". THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT WAS LEFT-WING, and for them to pervert the civil rights movement and it's entire being towards some greedy quasi-Fascist, plutocratic right-wing cause is disgusting and enraging.

THIS IS A PR CAMPAIGN AND PURE PROPAGANDA. Almost ALL of the points made in that video were weak rhetorical goose-chases and games and they ultimately didn't have merit as I listened to them. Of COURSE the rest of you right-wingers are so elated that these rich elite black people are supporting the Tea Party that you'll be completely blinded by emotion that you're somehow "winning" (YOU'RE NOT) and will completely ignore the faults in their arguments.

In essence, this video is largely a joke. A very bad one played by the wealthy on the poor, no matter their color apparently.

I can say that, at least with this post, we got something more than shouts that the Tea Party is racist because they oppose Obama. Though I disagree with your premise that the Tea Party is only out to get more money for the rich I applaud your inclusion of actual political points.

The main problem that I have seen over the past year is that the main stream media just wants to report on the supposed racism in the group. They rarely, if ever, give actual examples of this using the fact that they oppose the policies of a "black" president as their only supporting fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Edit: Given the way the post I replied to was edited well after I responded to make it appear that I agree with what it currently says, I have removed this response. Not often I see such underhanded tactics used to make it look like I'm saying something I'm not, but I will not play that game.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It is sad that the progressive media only have the race card to play when they talk to conservatives.Is that the extent of there intelligence or is there just nothing else to ask of a group of conserative people without Obama being compleatly embaressed in the process by the answers they might give?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And hey what do ya know, here's the some folks from the other side of the coin come to call tea party people names. Why don't all of you take a step back and take a look at the fact that it isn't the tea party or the democrats that are at fault for our problems!

It's a group of fascist/corporatists that have set up shop on both sides! If you really really paid any attention at all and laid off the cool-aid you guys would all see that Obama is just Bush 2.0 and that neither one of them is a Republican or Democrat! They are ALL fascists with only taking care of the Elite they serve as a goal.

You people on BOTH sides are so busy hurling insults at each other and accusing each other of garbage like racism to open your eyes and see you are wasting your time bickering while the real evil skates by!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

If you don't want it, don't click the thread.

Who said I did not want to debate or post? This is a forum no? I came here to argue the point of all this race baiting by tea party members. I did not come here to argue the point of posting at all.

People have a right to express their patriotism

Where on earth did I say anything about peoples 'rights' or patriotism??

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by TheBandit795

Then I suggest to you and other staff members to go after ALL those people on this site who continue to call others HATE MONGERS, RACISTS, WAR MONGERS, and every other NAME that they have been using since I have been a member on this site.

That is, if this site is fair and balanced.

Saying "they wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole" does rather pale in comparison to the nasty names conservatives are routinely called on this site. Even "mouth-breathers" is rather tame.

Also...

Oh hai guyz just sayin hi before this thread's b&

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is great to see black Americans stand up and stand with the tea party. I say this is great to see because the media would have you believe that there are no black people in the tea party movement which is completely false. And goes against the agenda of the media to pain the tea partt as racist.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
some of the names i get called i consider badges of honor--in the end i know what i am

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join