It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC show video of police smashing a pensioners car without revealing the whole story!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That was pretty standard procedure when trying to get into the car of a possibly violent person to arrest them...I've seen it a fair few times on the tv where they follow the police around.

It's done to shock the driver so he can not react in any way which may endanger the police officers.

I think I would assume that anyone who drives for 17 minutes while my car is following him with my sirens on and lights flashing could potentially cause problems when I do finally manage to stop him.

It's just how it's done :S don't run from the police what do you expect?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One point... If his windows were tinted so much, which I know is illegal for the front windows and windscreen, then how could they see enough to know he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
I'd also expect there to be dashcam footage of him on the previous stop, driving off and striking an officer with his vehicle, yet that is not shown.

I know that the whole screaming, shouting and breaking all the windows is now standard procedure to "disorient" a driver, but sometimes simply telling them to switch off and get out would suffice.
I saw a clip on a programme on tv a while back of a similar stop. A guy in a stolen Mercedes was spotted so the police blocked him in traffic with a couple of cars. The driver made no attempt to evade and drive off - there was nowhere to go. When he tried to open the drivers door to get out, the door was kicked shut while a bunch of officers surrounded the car and proceeded to break every piece of glass, then drag the driver out of the vehicle through the broken drivers window. It was all completely unnecessary and way over the top as the guy was clearly giving himself up anyway, but instead ended up injured and his face mashed into the tarmac while the police all congratulated themselves on their bravery and heroism!

The attitude these days seems to be to use force every time instead of just talking to people. I know some offenders can be argumentative but generally if people are given attitude, they will defensively give attitude back. I have had to stand up to butt holes in uniform myself before, so know all too well the way they treat anyone "not them".

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ok, I have my view on this incident and other people have their views. It will be forgotton about in another few days.

Just one last question. Please think about this for a while before answering. I mean really think about. In the great scheme of things. Meaning of life and all that. Becuase this is how we have been brainwashed. This is exactly how they have us under control. You start with the small things. It takes several decades. But start off small. SOme people have actaully said , he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

WHY IS IT A CRIME NOT TO WEAR A SEATBELT IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TOO.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

JohnySeagull

Nice thought, I see where your going with that last statement......

I do ALOT of driving and as a consequence of that I do tend to see all-sorts of driving and dare I say human behavior...
Whilst I was coming home yesterday, I pulled in to a retail centre in Derby and came across two women (not particularly attractive) taking swings at each other..... so I did my duty and with the help of another passerby and not anyone from the amassing crowd, we separated them and calmed it all down.. The reason was about one woman opening the door of her car and making contact with the other car!!! The resulting exchange had become verbally vicious and had then tipped into violence...
My point here is that as human beings wherever and whatever we are doing , we all naturally tend to react with aggression.

If I was to call you a F*****G stupid seagull t**t then your immediate reply to that statement would be to retaliate !
The same is true of any Tense situation and it takes alot of training and dare I say skill to not 'FLIP'.... so my thinking with this 70 year pensioner is this....

The Police probably did go a little Mad but at the same time was the pensioner chap actually aware and taking the appropriate steps to comply and avoid any confrontation or was he being an 'Arse'....

I also think that we should all have to re-take our driving tests on a regular basis and should have an eye test as part of that driving test...

In many situations driving people are very aggressive and I tend to let them pass me by because it doesn't matter to me if they overtake or not............. Anyhow I drive a Very quick and fast car and I could overtake anyone if I wanted But I just don't need to prove it now...!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Because of the severe trauma it can cause to those who have to scoop up your remains from the road!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

JohnySeagull

Nice thought, I see where your going with that last statement......

I do ALOT of driving and as a consequence of that I do tend to see all-sorts of driving and dare I say human behavior...
My point here is that as human beings wherever and whatever we are doing , we all naturally tend to react with aggression.

If I was to call you a F*****G stupid seagull t**t then your immediate reply to that statement would be to retaliate !
The same is true of any Tense situation and it takes alot of training and dare I say skill to not 'FLIP'.... so my thinking with this 70 year pensioner is this....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

People will see what they are looking for. If you are looking for people behaving in a particular way you will always find it.

You have no idea how I would reply or react to anything.

I don't agree that the general reaction in a tense situation it to 'flip'.

I get the impression that you believe a certain amount of control is necessary. I just think those in control are miles over the line now and will use any sort of crap to excuse it.

I will go back to one of my first points. I really think we are just in one big prison. Whats the point in coming here anymore when all your decisions are made for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

Because of the severe trauma it can cause to those who have to scoop up your remains from the road!!

Peace

Once again, people making themselves the victim out of other peoples misfortune.
too much of this in society. This is like people who give out about people commiting suicide.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Once again, people making themselves the victim out of other peoples misfortune

An arrogant and selfish sounding comment... You too would be screaming like a baby in your car wreck... begging for the fire service to cut you out!!

But i guess it depends what you want out of society... you want a free for all? OR would you like people to care for each other??

There are some jobs that people do even though they know that the job could be detrimental to their mental well being...

Nurse's, Fire Service, Ambulance, mountain rescue etc...

They do this because they are selfless...

Is it really that difficult to return the courtesy by trying to make their jobs a little easier??

Is it really such a crime against your freedom to have to clip a belt on that is designed to save your life???

I agree with some of your sentiment regarding society being prison like and over the top... I am no fan of "the system" myself... But to say that you want NO rules or laws is hypocritical when you a living a life that is only possible because of those laws...

It sounds like you want all the cream off the top but not the process that puts it there...

Apologies if I’ve misread your meaning!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I missed replying to your stuff yesterday. But I see my viewpoint was laid out by others as well.

Yes, being a leo is one of the things on my resume. My father and grandfather were also.

I am no longer, due to some pretty serious events. But I'm now in the "surveillance" realm. Yeah, I'm a "disinfo" agent extraordinaire. haha.

I admit, I slightly misunderstood the story a bit from the beginning. But I'm pretty sure that was the intent of the original release of the story.

Let me make this clear: I do NOT condone pulling over a person for minor violations and beating on his car for minor violations. That would be excessive behavior.

Sadly, that is ONLY what the video shows. Like my original post says, it does not show the entire story. It shows what is convenient enough to shake the sheep. The story does lay it out a bit, but people generally say..."why read when the video says it all". haha.

I interpreted this story this way:

Police see a vehicle not conforming to laws due to "safety" issues. I.E. Tinted glass. They also notice other violations and decide to roadside. Upon engaging the emergency lights, the person does not pull over for 17 minutes. '

This situation has now engaged a new level in the use of force scale. That is the way it has to be. There has to be a scale as well. Traffic stops are one of the most dangerous situations for leo's. Especially a vehicle with tinted windows, that is basically "failing to comply". Emergency lights mean, pull off to the side of the road. Period. When the vehicle pulls over, and the leo approaches, the vehicle lurches at him and knocks him over...the use of force scale quickly changes again. Intent is no longer an issue to contemplate. Ensuring the safety of everyone around, is. If that means I have to smash out your window to get the operator out of the vehicle, then I would.

To go to your question about the seatbelt.

Laws are sometimes pushed through by the people who have suffered loss and trauma that could have been avoided by a simple seatbelt. You get a bunch of people to lobby for the laws to be more strict in this area. They lobby because they all suffered similar circumstances. Now they want to prevent tragedies from happening to other families. This is the people being able to effect change through their FREE society.

Sometimes, the laws they want are dumb and mostly reactionary. I agree, taking away choice seems incredibly oppressive.

Politicians making and passing laws is worse. They are MUCH more corrupt than the LEO on the street. Most street LEO's are trying to do good. The boy scout version applies to a singular officer. Protect, serve and all that stuff.

Sadly, I will admittedly say, the system is broken. It is increasingly harder to do a job when the system seems to favor criminals over innocent. People get frustrated. And people can be pretty volatile.

I'm in a bit different area of enforcement, and no longer a LEO or part of the para military scale at all. Mostly because it can be so different, and paper riddled, and convoluted by corrupt officers, politicians and people.

For the record, there has always been abusive officers. Just not as many cameras. Remember the phone book method?

To maintain social order, there has to be enforcers. We don't have robo cop yet, so we have to rely on humans. And humansa are FAR from perfect.

The recruits are coming out of depot, trained to be more aggressive. Times have indeed changed. We need more aggressive people to be officers as people are becoming much more aggressive, violent etc.

It's a very delicate balance that is skewed. I don't know if I make sense, and I don't condone over reactive behavior. I've a thread on taser misuse as well. I'm sorry if I came off abrasive, but we are slowly losing the tools to maintain any semblance of order by people claiming to be over policed.

It is quite the opposite from a LEO's perspective. Believe me.

I think it would feel much more like a real prison, without LEO's to enforce laws, than it currently does.

I just don't like seeing cop haters jump on these videos, spreading hate, when they have not shown the whole story. Cops are KILLED by people every day. You can google that as easily as cops who turn bad.

Everyone chastises MSM for manipulation of facts/truths etc...but never seem to remember that when they see these types of videos released by them..

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For people who cannot think independently anymore and can only think they way they have been brainwashed too , let me explain.

If you do not wear a sealtbelt, it does not mean that you will be in car crash which will lead to you been thrown from your vehicle which will lead to your death.

It is not your fault if you do not understand this.

You have been programmed to interpret not wearing a seatbelt as certain death. If you do not wear a seatbelt you will die. Fact.

Its a crime not to wear a seatbelt. Your too stupid to understand this so we make it law for you stupid people. Obey the law.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

It sounds like you want all the cream off the top but not the process that puts it there...

You make fair points.

I'm not looking for any cream. Honest.

I'm actually coming to believe I must have been a real SOB to end up on hole like this planet. I'm just here to ride the storm out.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I dont care whether or not the pensioner commited a crime The police officers actions are not unlike something you would do to a major criminal. Theres a time and place to use shock tactics and this wasnt one one of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The people who believe this video is not a fair portrayal of the cops behaviour are probably missing the point of the news report anyway.

This is just another message for the masses.

Remember this is how we deal with a simple traffic violation, imagine what we do to you if you step out of line.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You make fair points.

I'm actually coming to believe I must have been a real SOB to end up on hole like this planet. I'm just here to ride the storm out.

Who are you or what are you trying to pretend you are ??

What storm exactly are you riding out ?
How did you end up on a 'hole of a planet' like this ?

I'm curious on how you think..

regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People need the law enforcement officers to keep control. People need to be keep in line.

The law enforcement officers need to be more heavy handed becuase its getting more dangerous out there.

People are becoming more dangerous. Law enforcement officers need more tools. More protection. People will become even more dangerous. Law enforcement officers will need even better tools/protection. When does this end? Anybody see a pattern.

If there was no law enforcement officers society would collapse, we would turn into a race of flesh eating zombies and eat each others brains out.

Mankind would have no hope without big brother keeping us in line.

Mankind would perish.

All is going well under the current regime.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

You make fair points.

Who are you or what are you trying to pretend you are ??

Not pretending to be anybody. Just know from I was a kid nothing on this plnaet makes sense too me. So I wonder am I here to learn lesson. However, maybe everybody thinks like this and just decides to accept this and get on with it. If so I think yis are all idiots.

What storm exactly are you riding out ? This sh1tstorm people call a life.

How did you end up on a 'hole of a planet' like this ? Evoulution? Choose it? Was sent here? Punishment? I have no idea. How many happy old people do you know yet why will they do almost anything to hold on to life here? On current meditations I'm beginning to think I may have choose to be here. No idea why.

I'm curious on how you think.. I try my best not to think to much. People that do seem to end up with cancer, strokes, tumours etc, etc, etc

regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
If you do not wear a sealtbelt, it does not mean that you will be in car crash which will lead to you been thrown from your vehicle which will lead to your death.

No, it doesn't. But it does mean you stand a better chance of surviving if you do have the misfortune to be in an accident of some kind.

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Its a crime not to wear a seatbelt. Your too stupid to understand this so we make it law for you stupid people. Obey the law.

Yes, some people are too stupid to realise the benefits of wearing a seatbelt. Making it a law will encourage them to wear one. Simple as that.

Seatbelts are for other people protection as much as your own. If you have a car full of people and one of them isn't wearing a seatbelt prepare for that person to come crashing face first into all of the others - causing them serious injury.

This is why I tell people in any car I'm in to buckle up; I don't fancy them smashing my scull in because they were too lazy to spend 10 seconds putting their belt on.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

This is why I tell people in any car I'm in to buckle up; I don't fancy them smashing my scull in because they were too lazy to spend 10 seconds putting their belt on.

Well done to your sir.

I am not talking about anybody else. Let me be clear on that. As an individual your choices are been striped away from you.All your decisions are being made for you now.

The guy is 70. He is obeying the speed limits. Maybe his arithtis is playing up and he just couldn't be bothered belting up.

Everything you do is being watched and monitored. Everything outside your home is being watched.In another few decades everything inside your home will be watched as well.

As you say some people are too stupid not to belt up just as some people are too stupid to raise kids. So we need to stick a camera in everyones home. We can also make sure people are exercising so that they stop getting fat and costing you the taxpayer money.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

At the end of the day he broke the law, stop making excuses for him. The police overreacted and he broke the law - end of.

And yes, we are all doomed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join