It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Can Sink Our Aircraft Carriers...This kind of gets frightening.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A workin steven seagull cyborg? But a working Jean Claude cyborg has been created to whipo the Seagull cyborg.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by fred call]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am only talking about naval warfare, if anyone wants to argue, why dont you argue with the military.

Yes, in normal parameters, but anyone that has any naval systems will tell you, unless the gun systems or the the *****systems can take down the missile, the ship is vulnerable. Yes, there are ALL kinds of ships in a flotilla, I guess it would be too difficult for a radar, line of sight system to determine which ship to hit.

What the hell people, do you think we are invulnerable?

Anyway, I swear I am talking to children.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Anti Ship missiles signaled the end of the era and reign of Super Carriers some time ago.

Remember the shock and awe and destruction of the British Cruiser HMS Sheffield during the Falklands war by the Exocet ?

Ships are big and slow targets. Missiles are very fast and accurate, and combined with stealth technology are now capable of defeating radar based ship defense systems.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I hope people realize that modern day carriers have defense networks with all the ships surrounding them..

They have multiple layers of defense.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

So many layers of defense well beyond GPS.
www.aero.org...

What they I/won't/can't tell you is that these sats can shoot back.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Clinton got massive campaign donations from China....Clinton gave away massive amounts of U.S. military secrets to China in return.......

www.clintonmemoriallibrary.com...

archive.newsmax.com.../3/11/55955

www.intelligencesearch.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
Also just remember we have Maverick and Goose on our side..we can't possibly lose.

goose be dead

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow, well this kind of goes along with that article I read about China's submarine sneaking up on the carriers in 2007.

Here's the article

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

According to senior Nato officials the incident caused consternation in the U.S. Navy.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Well it appears as if those dastardly Chinese have proven the effectiveness or lack thereof of your multiple layers of defense !

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Maybe first it would be a good idea to deal with the US government, who are already well on the way to turning US into a communist country - they don't need China or anyone else to do it because they are succeeding very well themselves, with a little help from their Zionist masters.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Originally posted by aspx
americans are truly cowards, why don't you guys already attack North korea or Iran
pussy cats

Ya right. And if it goes bad for the US just what do think is going to happen to you in your neck of the woods.

If the US falls, you will fall along with it.......Coward.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Originally posted by wcitizen
Maybe first it would be a good idea to deal with the US government, who are already well on the way to turning US into a communist country - they don't need China or anyone else to do it because they are succeeding very well themselves, with a little help from their Zionist masters.

I hate to say it, but you are right about the communists. They now call themselves progressives because communist is such a dirty word. They have hijacked the Democratic Party and are in the latter stages of implementing their agenda......

As Glen Beck says, "they have already built the machine,....now all they have to do it turn it on."

But why blame Zionists? Why blame one of the worlds smallest nations whose people have been beaten to a pulp throughout history and who only want to live in peace on their tiny parcel of land?......What on Earth would they have to gain from Communism in the United States?

It is progressives that have gotten us into debt with China to begin with. Now China is developing its military complex in order to collect on that debt when we can no longer afford to make payment.

What ya gonna do when the world starts crumbling right in front of your eyes?......Oh I know.......blame George Bush.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

of course the united states will never go to war with china again, China has a nuclear weapon now and Americans only attack nations without defenses,

if you want a war with china this is whats going to happen in New York, Texas
etc www.youtube.com...

americans are truly cowards, why don't you guys already attack North korea or Iran
pussy cats

Only idiots crave war.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
So am i to understand that china has a workin steven seagull cyborg?

That's not much to brag about. Have you seen how fat he is nowdays??

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
if china were to attack the us, personaly we would be in for a fight
after all most of the country is in debt we can barely end the war in iraq. and china knows that right now we are very vulnarable to even a nuclear attack.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speeder619

two nuclear powers?
MAD comes to mind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Anti Ship missiles signaled the end of the era and reign of Super Carriers some time ago.

I recall hearing the same being said for Fighters and dog fights. One of the reasons the USAF designed some fighters without a machine gun.

The problem with shooting a ship with a missile, you have to find the fleet first.
Sounds easy enough, but it is a big ocean.

The Navy's carriers are adept at changing the look of their carriers from satellites, using lights to simulate a cruise ship for example.

They also use tactics such as using commercial shipping lanes and blinding in with tankers and freighters.

The 'picket fence' defense is layered, and would not be visible if you were looking right at it, as the fleet will be dispersed over a wide area.

Missile launches are detectable, and the Navy is confident in their defenses, else they wouldn't be in the South China Sea.

This does seem like a formidable weapon system, but I think they would have to launch a mass attack in order to penetrate the defenses.

That is if they can find the Fleet.

Just had to add, the Chinese don't think the Carrier is obsolete, else they wouldn't be developing them - www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
sinking warships could be a easy thing what you need is about 10 to 20 of Predator drones with Bill 2 missile from Sweden i would think around 50 bill 2s will cut through the metal and reach the nuclear core, there are many ideas of using thermite technology and integrating them into a long rang missile.

its possible

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
These communist devils want nothing more than to turn our stars and stripes into a red flag. The terrible thing is that many so called americans want this to happen. Any more I am beginning to think being an American is a matter of the heart, not a matter of birth. Freedom will only remain when we stand up to our enemies such as China and Russia, and most of the middle east.

lol, "communist devils".. the "red menace" authorities told me to fear fear fear as a kid (who remembers FLASH! FLASH! FLASH!).. are back!, new & improved boogie-man 2.0 (made in China).. be afraid, very afraid.. lmao..

I'm not scared of those people, their beef is with GOP & DNC Mafia policies... not me.. I don't have any enemies. I don't see a brawl between the DC Mafia Vs China, Muslims & Russia et al as an attack on "America" as a whole.. it's angry people and foreign "leaders", so called, versus republican & democrat mafioso. I've always voted 3rd party or not at all.. I'd have no dog in that fight unless / until "GovtFlus" "interests" & "security" were at risk.

Nationalism is an excuse to hate people you never met & pridefully boast about accomplishments you had nothing to do with... worshiping colored cloth on a stick like it was the prophet Muhammad.. Its goofy and exactly what "the man" counts on to divide & conquer the plebes... but it looks good on you, rock on

I digress.. this article kinda puts a bummer on the idea US carriers are untouchable.. if hostilities break out, rather than "Peek-a-boo I see you", It'd be "surprise, you're dead".

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... zz0vsCgHvlJ

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It appears we will find out soon enough.....

joongangdaily.joins.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join