It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Can Sink Our Aircraft Carriers...This kind of gets frightening.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Not only that, but for all it's strengths a weapon system moving at mach 10 is actually more vulnerable to blanket projectiles than a weapon moving slower.

If a missile, moving at mach 10 encountered an anti-missile - missile, that projected a cone of small steel balls in the M10 missiles' direction, it would shred itself to tiny pieces long before it arrived at it's target.

All that would need to be done, is fire off multiple missiles able to project a forward firing cone of steel balls, in it's path and it's toast.

As you said, moving that fast, turning it to avoid countermeasures would be next to impossible.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh come on, any naval vessel on any water is a HUGE blip on radar.

Do you want me to explain why they are such a HUGE sitting duck?

If in any modern warfare, all naval assets would be DESTROYED. Period.

Now, if only one missile was set for one asset, the chain guns MIGHT bring it down. MAYBE.

I have seen the tests, now they have instituted the mazer systems, they may work, but they have never been tested. I will not continue to talk about them. I do not want a visit.

Anyway, in ANY modern warfare, surface ships are sitting targets. PERIOD. Surface ships are great for terrorists, not for WAR.

People are idiots when they actually think we are at war, we are not, this is not war, this is a police action!

There is a DIFFERENCE! To win a war, you destroy the enemy, to do a police action, you HAVE to occupy the space with a superior force. DO NOT ATTEMPT to obfuscate, I know the difference.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
China has had the ability to sink one of our carriers for years. This is nothing new - only a new missile which possesses the capabilities. There are many other countries who also possess the ability to send one of our carriers to the bottom of the sea. The only reason this should be disconcerting is if war is imminent with any of the countries. And since it is not, I am not worried.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I disagree. The carriers are well protected. As they should be. Wouldn't you protect your major asset? Just from the carrier. Fighters, bombers. From the support ships. Missiles, helicopters, etc.

You didn't answer the real question though. Are you a Farscape fan?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
The most vulnerable assets in modern day warfare is naval assets.

Any naval vessel on open seas is like a man standing in a open field.

The only warfare the US has ever engaged in, in over 20 years has been people with NO aircraft, no Naval vessels, No actual armament.

I hope to hell we never do again.

Want to hear something funny, google Ron Paul on this very issue.

We are the police of the world, why the HELL do you think the world hates us!

it is exactly the point i'm trying to explain, I'm still waiting to see war with North Korea and Iran, whats taking the Americans so long or they just pussy out because North Korea has nuclear weapons or that Iran is not just another Iraq

cowards, took only few weeks to make war with Serbia, and for Iran you cowards pussy out over IRAN

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Did someone already mention they can jam and shoot down our satellites too? And that thanks to contracts and the idiots who wrote and signed them they have access to how some of our most sensitive hardware and software work? Including DoD stuff? But I'm sure that since these "incidents" we've taken steps to prevent this

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
it is exactly the point i'm trying to explain, I'm still waiting to see war with North Korea and Iran, whats taking the Americans so long or they just pussy out because North Korea has nuclear weapons or that Iran is not just another Iraq

Ouch, that was a little insensitive.

cowards, took only few weeks to make war with Serbia, and for Iran you cowards pussy out over IRAN

Sign up for military service dude. They are looking for a few stupid people. You'll fit right in. Not really. Most military personnel would tell you to "Go to hell." I wish I could but the T&C prevents that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You FRELLING right.

Farscape was the BOMB! I got my only vid deleted because of it! I did get others kicked off because of the audio.

Now, I am FRACKING thinking you might enjoy this-

I aim to misbehave!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I think there are going to be counter-measures available that just aren't made public --- yet.

Yep there are, and have been around for some time.
Aerospace defense is still alive and well here at my house.

If your are ever near KFFO, stop by the AERO club. As a Pilot, you would enjoy the view of the Museum from the sky.
---------------------------------------------
Intrepid....This one is for you!

www.intrepidmuseum.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
The most vulnerable assets in modern day warfare is naval assets.
Any naval vessel on open seas is like a man standing in a open field.
The only warfare the US has ever engaged in, in over 20 years has been people with NO aircraft, no Naval vessels, No actual armament.
I hope to hell we never do again.
Want to hear something funny, google Ron Paul on this very issue.
We are the police of the world, why the HELL do you think the world hates us!

One US carrier group is like a SWAT Team walking through Harlem.
Oh yeah, the SWAT Teams are hated too.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So am i to understand that china has a workin steven seagull cyborg?

I actualy think it would be easier to sink these ships with underhanded and covert methods than head on combat.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Did someone already mention they can jam and shoot down our satellites too? And that thanks to contracts and the idiots who wrote and signed them they have access to how some of our most sensitive hardware and software work? Including DoD stuff? But I'm sure that since these "incidents" we've taken steps to prevent this

Source please.
If none, then it isn't so.
Then it's Disinfo.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
So am i to understand that china has a workin steven seagull cyborg?

Maybe the Chinese won't be as stupid as to screw around on this woman. What a moron.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Firefly was way better than Star Trek or Farscape.
The Chinese are getting close to Naval equilibrium in the conventional sense, but will never be superior. If they thought that their ingenuity was better, they would stop stealing our military secrets.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

No they aren't. They have a formidable army, just by numbers but their navy is lacking. India has a more formidable navy.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay, everyone believes that the US cannot be hit because we have superior tech. God, I hope you are right, but I hope to hell they do not have people like me.

Every tech has offensive components. I am NOT going to say what they are, I do not want a visit.

But every tech has a counter, our military knows that, but it is true, our naval components are the most vulnerable, with almost 40 year old tech, you could take out our ships.

That is all I am going to say!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Okay, everyone believes that the US cannot be hit because we have superior tech.

It would be foolish to think that our Naval forces could not be hit. But it is our superior tech that continues to insure that it won't.

Every tech has offensive components.

Of course they do. And some are actually disclosed as a deterrent. Information has, and always will be, the absolute determinating factor. Be it defensive or offensive.Real or imagined, propaganda is a very powerful weapon .

But every tech has a counter, our military knows that, but it is true, our naval components are the most vulnerable, with almost 40 year old tech, you could take out our ships.

ummm, NO. The steel that makes up the Navy might be 40+ years old. But the iron (and titanium, aluminum, silicon, carbon etc) that protects it is not.

Look up the capability of just one(we have several) Ohio class sub.
The firepower those boats contain is frighteningly
real, and cataclysmic. That is just the Naval deterrent.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Doubters, will be doubters, until it actually happens. Now they can sink carriers.

As for living in america, I can already see that Dominance is going to be its horrible end. Can't wait until it starts taking their petty little wars to other civilizations besides humans. Let's see how long these fools last.

Originally posted by humbleseeker
These communist devils want nothing more than to turn our stars and stripes into a red flag. The terrible thing is that many so called americans want this to happen. Any more I am beginning to think being an American is a matter of the heart, not a matter of birth. Freedom will only remain when we stand up to our enemies such as China and Russia, and most of the middle east.

Everything will fall, its only a matter of time and how its going to play out.

As for the list of Enemies, you might as well add the "Unknown" to the list. If you're into UFO's. Look at the stephenville incident. They sent some of their best jet fighters to take out the craft, and failed. Don't forget the whitehouse UFO incident where they sent fighters up there to intercept.

You see. The US is making enemies faster than you can say the letter "A". But the question is, do we want to make enemies with the Unknown out there?

Then again, The US isn't going to piss around with China or Russia, speaking of any other country that has nuclear weapons because they know they can't shoot down every missile coming into their country, and even with half of them down, its sure annihilation.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Saw one post wondering why you can't simply fire a nuke at the carrier, that is mostly because nukes would be simply overkill and it isnt as accurate, that is what is really terrifying our navy right now is the fact that thie new missile is so accurate at its speed and size, Very little defense towards that...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
oh yeah? well we could sink their nimitz class carriers too- if they had any..
we have 12..and 11 carrier strike groups..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join