It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lithium in water 'curbs suicide'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lithium in water 'curbs suicide'

The website link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Ex]Drinking water which contains the element lithium may reduce the risk of suicide, a Japanese study suggests.

Researchers examined levels of lithium in drinking water and suicide rates in the prefecture of Oita, which has a population of more than one million.

The suicide rate was significantly lower in those areas with the highest levels of the element, they wrote in the British Journal of Psychiatry.

High doses of lithium are already used to treat serious mood disorders.

But the team from the universities of Oita and Hiroshima found that even relatively low levels appeared to have a positive impact of suicide rates.

Levels ranged from 0.7 to 59 micrograms per litre. The researchers speculated that while these levels were low, there may be a cumulative protective effect on the brain from years of drinking this tap water.[/Ex]

More about the dangerous of Lithium:

I have a quote here from this link www.sntp.net...

[Quote]The most in-depth research on the effect of lithium on normal volunteers was led by Lewis Judd, the recent director of NIMH, and reported in the Archives of General Psychiatry in 1977-79. A July 20, 1979, study showed a:

"general dulling and blunting of various personality functions" and overall slowing of cognitive processes.[/Quote]

Here is a list of Physical effects:

[Quote]Neurologic effects of lithium toxicity include tremors, lethargy, confusion, seizures, and coma.
GI effects of lithium toxicity include nausea, vomiting, crampy abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Mild-to-moderate lithium toxicity is characterized by tremor, weakness, and mild confusion.
Moderate-to-severe lithium toxicity is characterized by altered mental status, muscle fasciculations, stupor, seizures, coma, hyperreflexia, and cardiovascular collapse.[/Quote]

Link is here: emedicine.medscape.com...

And as an overall of the defintion of 'Cognitive Processes':

[Quote]Cognition is the scientific term for "the process of thought." Usage of the term varies in different disciplines; for example in psychology and cognitive science, it usually refers to an information processing view of an individual's psychological functions. Other interpretations of the meaning of cognition link it to the development of concepts; individual minds, groups, and organizations.[/Quote]

Link is here: en.wikipedia.org...

Which leads me to believe from what I have read that the government are purposely placing this toxic chemical in conjunction with Sodium Fluoride to affect the growth of our Pineal Gland and stop Dopamine ['___'] from producing the pleasure drug of our brain that helps function the use of our eye's through meditation and collective memories and further more.

Over-'time' the continual use of toxic chemical's in our drinking water supply, will result in its effect will have on not just the population in Japan but also its effect on the rest of Humanity by controlling us in numbers and slow our processing thought's down.

Therefore Humanity will continue to believe the lies and deception that we read/see/view on a daily basis from Pharmaceutical companines, Beverages companies, Advertisement's/Commercial's, MSM (Main Stream Media) and so on..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I dont like the idea of the gov drugging the water supply...for like a million reasons,
however, if this is a side effect, of people less likely to off themselves, well...that is I guess one positive aspect of creating drones...not that that justifies tainting the water...unless you are one of the people that was going to kill yourself

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's pretty much the same as the fluoride in that it's bio-accumulative. When people are given lithium as a drug to treat mental illness, they must monitor the treatment very carefully, because you can quickly go from having positive results, to becoming a toxic, even lethal dose. Lithium is a heavy metal. This is incredibly ridiculous for them to even consider putting it in the water supply. They're doping us up, just like Stalin and Hitler did. Don't believe the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I dont like the idea of the gov drugging the water supply...for like a million reasons,
however, if this is a side effect, of people less likely to off themselves, well...that is I guess one positive aspect of creating drones...not that that justifies tainting the water...unless you are one of the people that was going to kill yourself

If one looks out-side the box and becomes a little more open-minded, one will see that by drugging the nation, that one-self will possibly NOT question the wrong-doings around them. That one-self will not justify anything around them. They will be completely brainwashed for a possibility of a slave-labour porgramme and to control the rest of society in number's.

Then introducing a 'Police State' and seperating the Truthseeker's/Whistleblower's into one category that being the 'Red List' and the rest of society that are being dumbed down into the 'Blue List'.

Therefore IF a 'Police State' ever did make it into society we would have the 'Red List' of people risking their lives and families trying to bring self-awareness towards the rest of Humanity, hoping that they will listen and not suddenly dis-miss their thought's as falsehood.

The way I view this from my interpretation is that with the dumbing-down process of Humanity, they??? (PTB) Power's To Be will continue abusing our Human-Rights and until one actually takes a stand and proves their lies and deception then that one speaker will suddenly turn enough head's to wake up the rest of Humanity that continue accepting what they believe is good for them! The junk they continually buy on a daily basis due to lower emotion's, depression, feeling un-worthy and so forth and anxiety and stress.

The continual use of abusing our water system would be by controlling society in number's and braking up our families so that we would turn on eachother and through the use of propaganda to keep us distracted from what's really happening around the world.

They??? PTB continue to feed fear-mongering tactic's into their government's and their people and all for their devious plan's of having total control as One Dominating Government.

They expect people to follow like a herd of sheep and not ask question's. That will never happen because more and more people are realsing this and know that something need's to be done to stop them continuing to abuse us like slaves.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Are you mindless? People are committing suicide because of the state of the world, and their inability to cope. It's all the idiots who think everything is honky dory that contribute to these suicides. It's NATURAL, and logical, and a GOOD THING to be pissed off at your system of government things aren't okay. Lithium doesn't just stabilize you, IT LOBOTOMIZES YOU !!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What if I'm not suicidal??? Shouldn't I be the one who determines whether or not I receive any form of medication? This is MY body to determine what I put into it - not the government!

This [snip] is getting way out of control!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I find it really bizarre how they realise this 'Disclosure of Information Act' 50 year and more later to the general public and continue to tell us that it's safe for us.

You'd expect people to say, "Yeah right, let me check that information out for myself, before I believe any more trolls from MSM".

[edit on 6-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I totally agree with you "Kozmo" we need people like yourself to get your word out and tell the general public how you feel and what action's you feel should be taken lawfully against the perpetrator's.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I remember seeing this on a fox news clip a year ago. I'm sure its already in the water now. I've noticed they only talk about something and make it public years after they started doing it. Like warrantless wiretaps, they were authorized by Gerald Ford, but made public by Bush admin. after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Lithium in the water may curb suicide...By replacing that with charges for murder aimed at whoever authorizes it.

Well, it's not suicide if you're killed by someone else, is it?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Are you mindless? People are committing suicide because of the state of the world, and their inability to cope. It's all the idiots who think everything is honky dory that contribute to these suicides. It's NATURAL, and logical, and a GOOD THING to be pissed off at your system of government things aren't okay. Lithium doesn't just stabilize you, IT LOBOTOMIZES YOU !!

So, according to you, if I am not about to off myself, then I must be mindless.
Seek help...or not, your choice.

As far as the state of the world pissing me off to the point of suicide, sorry mate, but the world isn't that bad.
People have been complaining about how the world is a shytehole since the dawning of civilization and no doubt in 2000 years from now, people then will be saying how the world is going down the tubes...its a time honored tradition to gripe about how this isn't utopia...but you know what....
I have a job (a crap one, but one nonetheless)
I went fishing first thing this morning
I have a girlfriend
I have food in my fridge
I have the freedom to sleep in on sundays, and if I so desire it, to go protest something...or not
I can read books, watch TV, or simply goof off

So, my life is not soo hard, I imagine yours is far more difficult than mine...my suggestion would be to get a girlfriend...they tend to focus you back on whats going on in the house verses whats going on in some intangable sociological philosophy that is making you or anyone else suicidal (or boyfriend, whatever the case may be...aka, someone besides yourself to share life with).

Still not a fan of drugging the water supply, but I stand firm on less suicide = a good thing...just not a fan of how its accomplished.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What about people who are not suicidal, yet have to share the same water supply?

Oh, that's right, they become effectively lethargic and docile against their perceived will. How convenient for any ruling government.

I offer a counter-proposal. Lace the entire water supplies that elitist, control-freak, non-humanist politicians and leaders drink with arsenic. Irradiate it also, to the point where it sterilizes them, so it reduces any off-chance they produce children before they die of arsenic poisoning.

/sarcasm off (but not really, sadly..)

Let's be even more frank, for those who are too docile and ignorant already. The government doesn't care if you commit suicide. Trust me on this one, they don't.

The only thing they care about is reducing critical thought and common sense reflexes. That's it. You know how you feel when you first wake up, and you can't figure out simple addition, like exactly how much a cup of coffee and a donut will cost? Yeah, they want you like that, all the time. Just lucid enough to maintain common consumer functions, but not enough to ever figure anything out in a timely fashion. It has been every tyrannical government's dream throughout history. A totally docile, yet educated, powerful and unquestionably patriotic society. How in the world could that happen, right?

This is not a conspiracy. This is plain obvious to anyone who is simply not a retard. They're not accomplishing their goals as effective as they wanted to with pharmaceuticals and our consumer food/beverages. They want to hit the water supply, the only source most people can't refuse. You would have to own private property with a well, to avoid it. Oh, but don't live where they drill for natural gas, because lithium and fluoride will be the least of your worries.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"nausea, vomiting, crampy abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
tremor, weakness, and mild confusion.
altered mental status, muscle fasciculations, stupor, seizures, coma, hyperreflexia, and cardiovascular collapse"

Great,
We can suffer all of these symptoms and not WANT to kill ourselves?

Only a politician could see this as a good thing.

I suffer most of these symptoms while watching the presidential debates.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by unityemissions

So, according to you, if I am not about to off myself, then I must be mindless.
Seek help...or not, your choice.

NO.

Don't twist my words.

It's mindless for you to think that lithium is being used to merely curb suicides.

When did I say anything to the effect of what you wrote?

You technocratic morons can shove it!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by unityemissions]

top topics

join