It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good News Story About Local Farming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Scrolling through the news stories posted on Infowars.com this morning, I have come across a story from the Boston Globe by D.C. Denison entitled "Farming surges in state with new crop of devotees" that I think is very encouraging.

One of the things that worries me quite a bit is the disappearance of the small family farm. I think it is downright dangerous that we are dependent on multinational corporations for our food supply.

This story is about people in Massachusetts who are taking classes offered by the state, universities, or nonprofit organizations to begin local farming enterprises, often on leased land, and often while working full-time at a day job.

I hope this happens in every state!! We need to bring back local farming, along with our manufacturing base.

This is a good news story.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
And more of it should happen. And BUY LOCAL!!!! That's important. Keep these people in business. Don't forget:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Every farm lost is a farm lost forever.

2nd

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
"Farming surges in state with new crop of devotees"

From the article:

More established is Dave Purpura, a former engineer at Nokia who started Plato’s Harvest, his Middleborough farm, in 2005.

Thinking maybe he has a website, I goodled "Plato's Harvest."

Yes, he does - Plato's Harvest Organic Farm.

I like this website!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I have been talking about doing this for the past year. I really wish people would wake up and recognize the large amounts of poisons/chemicals/trash that they are putting in their bodies on a daily basis. We need more SELF-SUFFICIENCY!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Plato's Harvest Organic Farm

Checking out this blog, I found this video. It made me cry!! What a beautiful site:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm listening to Catherine Austin Fitts on Alex Jones. She's talking about our need for local food independence. She just mentioned the website Edible Communities.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Here's the video that includes this discussion:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's another inspirational story:

new topics

top topics

join