It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel Redesigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Marvel Comics just redesigned their new site.
I thought certainly some people might want to check it out and see what's new. Seems that many feel this is a better version. I don't remember the old one, so I really can't say. I have looked around a bit and can't say I really like it, but see what you think.

www.marvel.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
woah baby! that site looks totally different now! very nice layout. looks clean and easy to navigate.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree very nice layout, I went on a few weeks ago and noticed it had changed!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ultimate Thor rocks....

Seems Marvel, with the influx of Marvel movie monies, is spreading it around.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ultimate Iron Man in March! Schweet!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There's more detail on the splash page, and the site looks more "conservative" on the whole.

Glad to see the dot comics are still there.

As far as "Ultimates" go, I thought these were a Marvel Lite with more illustrations and less captions and balloons, for the low attention span reader. That's the impression from reading the Spidey titles and no-one has denied it. Is that a fair assessment or no?

I notice "Amazing Fantasy #1" is a new Spidey creation released along with a rehash of "Amazing Fantasy 15". That's still a lot aimed at the "collector-investor" market but it's good that the early origins can be seen again by a new generation of arachnophiles.

Excelsior!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
There's more detail on the splash page, and the site looks more "conservative" on the whole.

Glad to see the dot comics are still there.

As far as "Ultimates" go, I thought these were a Marvel Lite with more illustrations and less captions and balloons, for the low attention span reader. That's the impression from reading the Spidey titles and no-one has denied it. Is that a fair assessment or no?

Dude, ever read the USM? Bendis cranks out arcs with about 5 issues of just talking and then another issue with 5 pages of fighting and then the rest is talking again! You would have to have a BIG attention span to stay with it, as the original comics of the bacy were 1-issue stories! one issue! now it's like 7 or eight! low attention span my butt!

But seriously, the ultimate series may just be a re-hash of all the old titles, but it's allowed 15-year-old punks to read the story fro mthe beginning and then go and buy the new issues! I think a speak for most people when I say "We don't want the Essentials! We want the Ultimates!"
:w:
:bash:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by satchbfoot

Dude, ever read the USM?

Yes, and I met Michael Bendis and talked about what his 'Ultimate' philosophy was. The series was only 7-8 issues old then. He autographed #'s 1-5 for me. Nothing he said dispelled the notion that this was for a generation of readers with low attention spans. Surely you don't measure that in story arcs measuring in months that can be "read" in two minutes a pop?

Sorry I don't know what the Essentials are, I presume they're a different series of reprints.

Anyway, glad you enjoy some classic work!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   

as posted by MaskedAvatar

I would think that your analysis is 'fair'.
Though, from my own perspective, its the artwork that attracted me to this particular series. Being an advid collector of the Thor series, each new artist adds a different perspective, a different dimension to him (Thor). Its been enjoyable to witness. The Ultimate series will compliment this further, despite the decreasing of the story line.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They should organize all of their wallpapers acoording to comic book titles. If your not familiar with all of the comic book characters of the different lines, that could be quite confusing.

new topics

top topics

join