It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is David Cameron Trying to tell us something?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Right as most of you probably know 3 months ago we in Brittan were granted a new Prime Minister, David Cameron, and a coalition government. If I am honest I would have liked the other guys to get in, not because I particularly like labour but because I think they are the best of a ban bunch. That being said thus far good old Dave hasn’t really done anything yet that has got me annoyed so thus far he has my support. This thread however is not about my political view points, it’s about something I have noticed about David Cameron, I think he knows something, something big.

Prior to the election I thought of David Cameron being highly articulate and intelligent, I cannot recall him saying anything accidently that has all changed since he has became PM. The first thing he said was suspicious but probably just a mistake, he said that the “twin towers had been blown up”. Ok fair enough essay mistake to make and that on its own could be forgiven.

His next controversial statement was not a mistake he very clearly accused the Pakistani stat of supporting and exporting terrorism. He effectively said when it came to Pakistan and terrorism the Pakistani state were effectively double dealing and that this was undermining security in the Middle East. As if that wasn’t bad enough he also made the extraordinary claim that he had discussed this with President Obama.

Then he made another little mistake he said that Iran had a nuclear weapon and this was justification for supporting Turkey to join the EU. The 9/11 claim very well could have been a mistake but there is a whole world of difference between saying Iran wants a nuclear weapon and Iran has a nuclear weapon.

On his first state visit to America he is rumoured to have offended Obama by pressing him to consider the economic implications his tough stance over BP would have on the UK economy. He further insulted the Americans reportedly by declining to assist with any investigation into the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

These slips of the tong and controversial statements could be just as they appear to be, however I cannot help myself but thinking that there could be more to it. Is it possible that he has been given information on becoming PM that the public are yet to be told about, something big? I am just hypothesising, I could be and probably am wrong, but he has made a series of gaffes all pointing to an increased threat from the Middle East. Anybody else thinking that there could be a bit more to his recent comments?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Absolutely agree I said to my Mrs on election day after he emerged from his meeting with the Queen he looked distressed like the Queen had just given him an almighty shock.

Maybe its just my overactive imagination .................... but matbe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"Is it possible that he has been given information on becoming PM that the public are yet to be told about" that might explain why Gordon brown looked genuinely happy when leaving number ten
seriously i see what you mean and i agree he hasn't done anything to drastic thus far, i cant help but feel it's coming. what IT is, is anyone's guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this guy sounded right at the start, but slowly starting to sound just another puppet spilling his beans all over

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Is David Cameron Trying to tell us Something?

Yes, he is trying to tell us something. He is trying to tell us he is clueless when it comes to foreign policy.

Iran having a nuclear weapon.
Britain is the US's "junior partner" against the Nazis in 1940.
Pakistan should not be allowed to "promote the export of terror whether to India, whether to Afghanistan or to anywhere else in the world".

He stumbles from one gaffe to another, something that Shadow Europe Minister Chris Bryant accurately described as "less of a hiccup, more of a dangerous habit."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
David Cameron also made a gaffe about world war 2 saying that Great Britain was the 'junior partner' of the allied world war 2 fight

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm certain he has been told information that is not available to the general public. That's certain. I'd guess though, that he hasn't been told very much, only 'what he needs to know'.

He was shaking hands and all smiles with the Pakistani pres the other day, and as for offending Obama, tough titty. I'm sure he'll get over it, if not, he's in the wrong job.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What you are seeing, IMO, is the new guy who is wet behind the ears. This is where experience trumps intelligence!

I have spoke to audiences before, i.e. through training sessions, and when you say something which is controversial, you simply cannot retract it without drawing attention to it. It is easy, especially when you are in a flow, to just say things that are aliitle outside of your normal comfort zone.

As for his 'gaffes', asking hard hitting questions is not a 'gaffe', telling it straight is not a 'gaffe' and saying what you may feel be true to you is not a 'gaffe'. The oldest mistake in politics is telling the truth.

Make the most of his (perceived) honesty. In time he will learn to spin that chit like every other puppet thats ever lived.

BTW. Clegg produced one of these rare moments in politices a couple of weeks ago. I didn't put that down to a gaffe!

Clegg clarifies stance ...

I guess I am contradicting myself in this post, but what the hey!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't no if anyone remembers but when David Cameron first become tory leader, he made a speech at Conservitive party conference with the line 'there will be no new world order' in it, does anyone remember it?

It always struck me as odd and stayed in my mind because of my conspiracy interests.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by lilsmurf]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lilsmurf

No, i didn't hear about that.

I wonder if there's a video floating about?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was his first really impressive speech which was at the time when Brown prime minister and was actually still popular, it must be floating around somewhere i will see if i can track it down.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys some interesting comments. I suppose it could just be his inexperience at conducting state level foreign policy that is showing through but it could be more.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Right as most of you probably know 3 months ago we in Brittan were granted a new Prime Minister, David Cameron, and a coalition government. If I am honest I would have liked the other guys to get in, not because I particularly like labour but because I think they are the best of a ban bunch.

Best of a bad bunch. A Prime Minister who failed to see the economic downturn that thousands of businesses across the world saw and reacted to. The whole New Labour experiment has crippled this country and Brown had to go.

That being said thus far good old Dave hasn’t really done anything yet that has got me annoyed so thus far he has my support. This thread however is not about my political view points, it’s about something I have noticed about David Cameron, I think he knows something, something big.

As other posters had mentioned, David Cameron, on becoming Prime Minister would have recieved even more details and comprehensive briefing from our intelligence agencies than he would have got as leader of the Opposition. An example of this information would be the location of the UK's nuclear sub fleet.

Prior to the election I thought of David Cameron being highly articulate and intelligent, I cannot recall him saying anything accidently that has all changed since he has became PM. The first thing he said was suspicious but probably just a mistake, he said that the “twin towers had been blown up”. Ok fair enough essay mistake to make and that on its own could be forgiven.

As leader of the Opposition, more of his speeches were planned and staged, but as Prime Minister he has less opportunity to prepare and in many respects is having to speak more from the seat of his pants, and if you do not have time to prepare as much as you like, then more interesting things are said.

His next controversial statement was not a mistake he very clearly accused the Pakistani stat of supporting and exporting terrorism. He effectively said when it came to Pakistan and terrorism the Pakistani state were effectively double dealing and that this was undermining security in the Middle East. As if that wasn’t bad enough he also made the extraordinary claim that he had discussed this with President Obama.

At least you mention this was not a mistake and I see this as David Cameron voicing real views rather than just saying what the world wants him to say. And I agree with his statement. While some parts of the Pakistani military and intelligence are "on message" with the war of terror, other elements certainly are not and this does present a problem to the Pakistan Government. At least we have a wolrd leader saying what is not his mind rather than what he thinks we want to hear.

Then he made another little mistake he said that Iran had a nuclear weapon and this was justification for supporting Turkey to join the EU. The 9/11 claim very well could have been a mistake but there is a whole world of difference between saying Iran wants a nuclear weapon and Iran has a nuclear weapon.

Cameron may have have seen intelligence that shows Iran does have a nuclear weapon and this would be no real surprise for many intelligence and military around the world. Of course, there is a huge difference between having a nuclear weapon and being able to deploy it. Again, he was saying what was on his mind and expressing a world that many in the world believe to be hard fact.

On his first state visit to America he is rumoured to have offended Obama by pressing him to consider the economic implications his tough stance over BP would have on the UK economy..

I would expect him to be tough with the stance that Obama has taken with his attacks on BP and who cares if Obama was offended. If he was offended, American has a much bigger problem that the oil spill in GoM. And are you saying this was a mistake?

He further insulted the Americans reportedly by declining to assist with any investigation into the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

Again, I would expect our PM to be tough on this one and tell any other Government to butt out of a UK issue. Obama is using this to divert attention from the failings of his administration and Cameron has not been party to Obama's scheme.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Interesting response, when I say does he know something i was meaning something other than what you would expect him to know (nuclear launch codes, intelligence reports and so on). It’s just a hypotheses in all likely hood I am wrong, it was merely i trail of thought that i had. None of this was meant as a criticism of David Cameron like I said in the first part of this thread he has done nothing yet that has really annoyed me (since he became pm) and thus I support him.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think he's just maybe trying a little too hard to be the Prime Minister of truth, the one political leader we can trust......?

Someone needs to tell him 'relax Dave ease yourself into all this sensationalism'.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Well am sure his good buddy nick clegeywegey will sit him down with some earl gray, in his multimillion pound mansion and tell him in the best Oxbridge upper-class way he can that its ok and he needs to relax. Sorry i couldn’t resist that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
He looked unhappy when he came out of his meeting with the Queen?
I guess she told him who is running the show and that he'd better behave.

I wonder why he mentioned the WTC being blown up. This has been pretty well established in spite of the "official" propaganda to the contrary.
So what kind of light does that put on his other comments?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well taken apart Freedom ERP.
The OP lost all crediblity when he said he hoped Labour got back in.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

LOL

On a serious note though, i really believe Cameron will do us some good. He's young and inexperienced, but between him and our last three PM's, i'd rather put my trust in him if i ever had to.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

What so I lose my credibility because some people disagree with my political views. I do not really want to get into any political debate like I say it was just an idea I had. The idea that this idea is less credible because of my political views is just totally stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join