It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: American Hostage Paul Johnson Beheaded; Video of Act Reported -- GRAPHIC CONTENT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned we should just nuke every damn person over there because of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A Lone Spartan

Based on your opinion , I don't see any difference between you and those extremests.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Scorpion]

rc

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe if the media wouldnt cover any of this . It would stop bc we are giving them what they want. Coverage and they are laughing at it all I am sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this man. I hope he is at peace right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I saw this coming , we all did, damn not a way to die. Thats f*cking real sad. I havn't looked at any of the images and dont plan to. I really hope it as fast ,

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sadly, those are indeed the actual photos of Paul Johnson. I cannot convey how saddening, sickening, and wrong the acts of his captors were.

Mr. Johnson was proclaimed protected by a muslim who had given him protection under the law of the Quran, however, it is now obvious that the terrorist groups responsible for these acts have no real concept or understanding of true Islam. They know what they are taught, and sadly as with all religions, they don't know everything and don't understand everything pertaining to their religion.

They have committed a grave act that shall condemn them according to Islam.

My thoughts are with his family, and his friends.

We can now only hope for justice.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have been away from the computer all day. I guess it is a good thing too. I'm a person who tries very hard to be rational, as peaceful as possible, and without prejudice.(Those are my goals...which haven't been ahcieved as of yet). Today, when I heard about Mr. Johnson, I literally, felt sick. Then, the anger began to build. I haven't felt such intense anger in years. So, it's best that I wasn't at home spouting on the cmputer.
I've calmed down somewhat and will only say now:
How very, very sad.
May the Johnson family be helped through their nightmare.
That poor man and his family....
No one deserves this.
Sorry, I'm just sad.
joey

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Mr. Johnson's photos and ID card were not posted on al-Ansar, nor were the photos of his corpse.
The initial photos/video posted three days ago were on a free website (kind of like Geocities). The photos today were posted on the al-Islah website.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Banshee]

Well, according to JackBlood.com postings were made on www.ansarnet.ws regarding Paul Johnson.

Do a Search on Google for "Paul Johnson ansarnet.ws" and you'll find a myriad of pages reporting this.

However, it's not really relevant, the above - what is relevant is the fact that the alleged "Islamist/terrorist/whatever" www.ansarnet.ws site is registered in the US.

As was the site where the Berg video/pictures were initially uploaded to - IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE TRANSPARENT THAN THAT!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

As was the site where the Berg video/pictures were initially uploaded to - IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE TRANSPARENT THAN THAT!

Sorry, the above site was registered in London (see my previous post on page 8 - typo error).

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Uh, just a question: what's this topic doing in the Alien/UFO section?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Something you probably don't realize is that some of the people posting in here and expressing their outrage over what happened are probably Muslim/Islamic. They won't come out and say it because too many biggots run around and preach hate towards GROUPS because of what a few people do. If a person came out and said "I am a Muslim" they would get flamed out of this forum by idiots

I totally disagree with this prediction. I would predict that the idiots and biggots (sp) would be the ones flamed out of this forum, if they were to attack a proclaimed muslim who expressed outrage over this.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am really apalled at some of the violent and over-reactive responses by some people. If you think that two americans being beheaded is justification for using nuclear weaponry, then what kind of justification does that give for terrorists in vengance for the Abu Ghaib prison abuse? Of course, you realize that the terrorists wouldn't be justified in using the Ab Ghaib abuse as a reason for nuking New York because essentially no one in New York had anything to do with Abu Ghaib. The only reason those people would be targeted is because they are members of the same society from which came the people who took part in the prison abuse, which does not mean that many or even any of those people living in New York are like those people who participated in the abuse. We draw barriers between ourselves and other people that don't really exist, and we treat others like animals just because they are on the same side of the division of those we dislike for legitimate reasons. People need to realize that everything is not black and white, and that the world is not so simple as they seem to see it.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX84
Uh, just a question: what's this topic doing in the Alien/UFO section?

ATSNN Alert! stories appear in every forum.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
joey nice post .

But now what? What action now? How many more will die now? The hate spreads like a fire, I feel it too. But now what? What action now ? How many more will die until this f**ked up story is over. People want justice, I want it , for those responsible. But #, all I see are more innocents being massacred and those responsible enjoying the death and chaos they have conjured up. These people disire us to fall under thier grip of hate, and lust for the spread of this plague. I hate this book, and I know how its going to end, its not going to have a happy ending. If I had God , I'd prey for that mans family and eveyone i love or care for. This is just the beginning. But maybe there is still enough rationalism in the world to quash his fire.

[edit on C:Friocu06e6 by Opus]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlife
I've been coming to this web site for about a year and a half (without ever posting before) and think it is an excellent resource full of people that can see through all the lies, are intelligent and not brainwashed.

However, over the last six months it seems to be changing and more people on here just seem to tow the Corporate Media, bull# line which is evident in the majority of the posts in this thread.

You are painting with too broad a brush. And you're trying one of the oldest tricks in the book - anyone that agrees with you is "intelligent and not brainwashed", and anyone that doesn't is "towing the Corporate Media line" (whatever that is). It won't work.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

rustiswordz: Im ultimatly scared that all this will lead to a Muslim/West war. Im sure the west will win but the cost will be awful.

If it comes to a real WWI or WWII-style war (where you don't particularly make an effort to avoid civilian deaths and are allowed to indiscriminantly bomb entire cities) you can stop worrying. The west could win probably in a matter of weeks and coalition deaths would probably be fewer than what we've lost already in Iraq. We lose soldiers because we're trying to be civil, fix a broken country, and improve their lives. If it really became a Muslim/west war and the stops were pulled out, the Middle East would cease to be a problem by the beginning of fall.

It's ironic that these terrorists want to provoke an all-out religious war. If such a war ever erupts, they will lose, they will die, and their religion will cease to exist. Is that what Muslims want?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Do not hate Islam. Do not hate Muslims. This is a very few doing what a very large condemn. They probably see our military men as Christians on a crusade. Do not forget that.

did i say i hated muslims? no, i said to do such thing to terrorists who we catch, not all muslims, i like how people dont pay attention...and i didnt say anything about iraqi resistance and such, i was talking about terrorists who attack americans because their american, this kidnapping was totally unrelated to abu ghriab, they did this to get al queda members out of prison, that was their demand, so go deny your own ignorance.

and what the heck does a civilian worker who lives in saudi arabia who was kidnapped and killed have to do with how troops are viewed?

try arguing without assuming i mean something i never said and going off into something unrelated, k, thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
I am really apalled at some of the violent and over-reactive responses by some people. If you think that two americans being beheaded is justification for using nuclear weaponry, then what kind of justification does that give for terrorists in vengance for the Abu Ghaib prison abuse? Of course, you realize that the terrorists wouldn't be justified in using the Ab Ghaib abuse as a reason for nuking New York because essentially no one in New York had anything to do with Abu Ghaib. The only reason those people would be targeted is because they are members of the same society from which came the people who took part in the prison abuse, which does not mean that many or even any of those people living in New York are like those people who participated in the abuse. We draw barriers between ourselves and other people that don't really exist, and we treat others like animals just because they are on the same side of the division of those we dislike for legitimate reasons. People need to realize that everything is not black and white, and that the world is not so simple as they seem to see it.

EXACTLY spngsambigpants!!

But this is the reaction that they want - they feed on peoples' ignorant, uneducated and over-simplistic view of the world - if they didn't have this view then none of this would happen because peope wouldn't let it happen.

As George Orwell wrote in 1984, all the Party needed to do to keep the Proles in place was to keep them ignorant and uneducated, and feed them with false ideas of patriotism and an "us against them" mentality.

Or to quote Julius Caesar:

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervour, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword.

It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.

Rather the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

Its been done for millenia.

The classic divide and rule technique which the majority of dullards fall for because of their ignorance - they're just perpetuating their own demise.

It's all a lie...

In The Prince, Macchiavelli wrote that the Prince needs to be more intuitive than the people in order to rule.

However, some people are as intuitive, or more intuitive, than the Prince but it is easy for him to suppress the intuitive ones just by weight of opinion from the majority.

A depressing conclusion because if you can see the lies your voice is drowned out by the cacophony of the flock's ignorant noises!

Ignorant noises calling for war and nuking of make believe enemies - all to facilitate some fascist, One World Government.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
are there any good muslims?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlife

umm that ceaser quote was from a movie, he never said such a thing, ps: youre just exaggerating things, there are real threats, the government isnt hiding anyone from the outside world, 1984 is nothing close to the reality, i read the book so dont bs me.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by michaelb
That some people are just born evil, and that these people have no excuse? Every injury sustained means a perpetrator is blamed?

no but its beside the point, theres no excuse and their punishment is their fault.

Imagine that instead of killing people by laboriously sawing their heads off with a small knife, that instead you developed weapons systems that make murder as easy as point and click, and here you are basically serving as technical support for this weapons system. Not only would some people call you a murderer, they'd call you a coward, precisely because you can commit to killing people without ever getting their blood on your hands.

Real life doesn't get much more ironic than this, folks. This Johnson fellow worked for a weapons company and some guys finally came around and showed him what the horrors of death are really like, first hand, and got his blood all over their hands in the process.

Do you feel pity for a guy whose karma seems to have finally caught up with him?

You can turn this into hugely political issues like we should withdraw from the middle east because they don't want us there, or we should nuke the middle east because they're all savages, and everything in between.

I'm content to just keep it simple: when bad things happen to bad people, I don't care.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join