It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: American Hostage Paul Johnson Beheaded; Video of Act Reported -- GRAPHIC CONTENT

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh good grace

I'm going to send some healing to his family and friends, they must be soo distressed...

It's just awfull, I don't see the point of war...especially I don't see the point of killing innocent people...whether it be single or in war, I don't believe in killing one bit at all in fact.

Why take lives? Why hurt lives? Why even try to do this stuff? Don't these people not realize that they are only causing more anger and hate and this just causes more mayhem, more death, more war, more anger and hate.

Please, don't do this to us, Yourselves and the World.

Love and Light
Phoenix

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
do a google search for koran terrorism. apparently 60% of the koran is dedicated to dealing with nonbelievers of islam, ect. if you do a google for koran online, there are many copies of the book online so you can check to see if the quotes are really there and its not just BS.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How many people would be upset if there were no pictures? What if we just had a news article telling us the news? A lot of people seem to think that all that happened at Abu Ghraib was what they saw. The pictures. Obviously they hadn't read what was going on. A lot of posters have no clue about Middle East politics or the Muslim religion. Is this where the ignorance comes from? Because America is such a visual society? That they don't bother to read anymore, but are content to just look at the pictures without any context or backstory? If we didn't have the pictures of Mr. Johnson, I wonder how many Americans would even know or care?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the United States is dealing with a culture 10,000 years older than our own. We have known and seen for years that every Friday in Riyadh there are dismemberments and beheading's. This is considered tolerable justice in the middle east. Fathers behead their own children for acts of humiliation against the family. al Qaeda knows that westerners have no stomach for such action and revel in the slaughter of innocents and the reaction this brings. We are very vulnerable to such action and they know it. So, we are going to see more of this activity unless and until we depart the same way all invaders have in the past. But, we have our blinders on and the numbers will be much greater before our political leaders crumble against this untenable situation. Voicing to remain and not to be intimidated is ringing hollow already.

Threats to nuke is fruitless. It ain't gonna happen. Withdrawal will only be a temporary cure, but still a cure. Is oil worth it? That is the bottom line.
That and the billions to be spent in Reconstruction of the often disrupted flow of oil. And the demise of expendable assets along the way.

John McCarthy
www.jenmartinez.com...
[email protected]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh my god. That's horrible. It shows you what humanity is capable of doing. The world needs to unite somehow.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think it is time for all civilians to leave this part of the country. They now know the monsters over there doing this and their safety is at stake. For their loved ones sakes as well as for their own well being they need to leave.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
How many people would be upset if there were no pictures? What if we just had a news article telling us the news? A lot of people seem to think that all that happened at Abu Ghraib was what they saw. The pictures. Obviously they hadn't read what was going on. A lot of posters have no clue about Middle East politics or the Muslim religion. Is this where the ignorance comes from? Because America is such a visual society? That they don't bother to read anymore, but are content to just look at the pictures without any context or backstory? If we didn't have the pictures of Mr. Johnson, I wonder how many Americans would even know or care?

I read every day. I know about it. I don't need pictures to be up set over this. It's sad that you think Americans need pictures to know of a event or care about it.

To be safe it would be best if you are an American and not in America get home as fast as you can. No amount of money is worth your life.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What backwards, horrific, monstrousities these people are.

Let me echo another poster and say: "A religion of peace?" Where is the public outcry from the muslim community over this?
Horrific.
Grotesque reminders of the tremendous atrocities which still exist in the world, this rooted evil, reminds me again of why I am behind our troops 110% and want to crush these terrible creatures.

My prayers to the Johnson family, and my sincerest condolances.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The point of no return has been crossed.This will not end until either one side or the other has lost.If every one up and leaves the middle east now then that will only add justification to thier cause and they will only follow.I see only two choices in the whole scenerio.Fight them over there or fight them over here.
I would just as soon it continue and end over there thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Intresting in how this guy delt with Muslim extremists.

Something to think about.

[edit on 6/20/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Why are we not discussing the orange jumpsuit? Is it politically incorrect to do so? Two beheadings, both men wearing Gitmo jumpsuits...nothing strange there
Why wasn't Daniel Pearl wearing one?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have been reading this thread and I must say I am APALLED by the bloodthirsty and ignorant reaction of too many people. Almost as apalled as I was by the terrorist action that ignited this discussion in the first place.

To try justifying a stance of wanting to nuke all muslims by saying "well why don't they condemn it" is a view born of pure ignorance. I work alongside quite a few Iraqis here in Britain and they are, without exception, absolutely disgusted by the likes of Al Qaeda and Saddam, they are also perfectly reasonable and peace loving people whose only difference to the rest of us is their skin colour and heavily accented English. Do their families deserve to be nuked off the face of the earth because of the actions of the terrorist scum? Of course not.

Do you, my American friends, deserve to be nuked off the face of the earth because of the genocide comitted by your forebears in your own country? Again, of course not. GET A GRIP people, anger is not condusive to intelligent discussion.

I find your current stance on terrorism (although the right one) ironic after the way America bankrolled the IRA for so many years, killing hundreds of British and Irish soldiers, policemen and civilian men women and kids for decades. Not the same? Oh yes it was. A few murderous scum purporting to be acting for the greater good of their people, even though their people did not want it it. Its the same now in Iraq, its just that the religious background of these people is different to your own whereas there are many American catholics. Terrorism is abhorrent, everywhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Find alot of links posted to that site with google.

I found this link where the Nick Berg video was posted on there forum.

alsaha.fares.net...@[email protected]

[edit on 20-6-2004 by ghoulardi]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Intresting in how this guy delt with Muslim extremists.

It'd be even more interesting if it was true. SNOPES

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
while the beheading of Johnson along with Berg was a horrible thing, and I have sympathy for the their families, I do not share the outrage that many of my fellow americans feel....to me all deaths are important, regardless of the methods used...there is no major difference in my eyes between a beheading, being gunned downed or having a 100lb bomb dropped on you....it is all sad.

and for those people who let their emotions rule their thoughts and want an entire religion and people to pay for the crimes of a few...i only ask that you read as much information from all sides as possible, maybe your eyes will open to see the complexity of the situation called "war on terror" that our president has thrown us into.

An Apology From Al-Qaida
George Bush apologized for all the abuses, tortures, rapes and murders in Abu-Ghraib and then expected the Islamic world to forgive it. Imagine if the Al-Qaida leadership issued an apology for the execution of Paul Johnson and then went on to explain that the perpetrators acted on their own initiatives. They lacked training and were not aware of the rules of the Geneva Convention. Would the Americans be prepared to accept such an explanation and a similar apology to the one that was issued by George Bush with regards to Abu-Ghraib?

The media instantly deployed terms like �barbaric�, savage�, �evil� to describe the execution of Paul Johnson but not �scandal�. So, why do the murders of prisoners in Abu-Ghraib, Bagram and elsewhere qualify only to be a �scandal�? Would it have been accepted as a �scandal� if one of the Al-Qaida members posed smiling with his thumbs up in front of the dead body and the severed head? Similarly, the world leaders rushed to condemn the execution but such swift words and strong emotions could not be heard for the thousands of civilians including women and children that have perished in Iraq.

In theory, if we genuinely believe that all human lives have the same value then the reaction should be identical to the killing of any innocent person. However, the killing of Paul Johnson and Nick Berg has aroused a lot of anger amongst the Americans whilst the killings of the thousands of innocent Iraqis did not even raise an eyebrow. It seems that the killing of the Iraqis or America�s enemies can always be justified whilst only the killing of Americans constitutes a crime.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Classic psyop warfare, these guys are using our media
against us.......guessing by the reactions on this site and
others, its working and they are winning that side of the battle.

If they continue to get coverage, you will see a rise of anti war
groups marching against the war. who does this serve? Any
group that wants us dead. (too many to count). We have
strategically placed our troops in the heart of Southwest Asia
for a reason, it's the Jungular of Opec.

WWIII is on our doorstep....

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
They will not be reasoned with. They have already said they want to kill Americans anywhere they can get us. Period. No talking. No setting examples. I don't understand why people continue to try to attribute the rules of civility and negotiation to these people. They will not be convinced to stop hating or suddenly have some change of heart due to anyone reaching new levels of understanding or any other blah blah. It's noise. They don't care. They hate us and will destroy us to the last man they have standing.

They don't hate us, IMO. They hate our government, which we obviously have no control over. I think they're trying to get us to do something about our government. Unfortunately, America isn't taking the wake-up call, and I'm sure they'll continue to ignore the fact that the US has been overstepping it's boundaries for far too long. It's obvious to the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They DO hate us. I'm not talking generalities, like "all Muslims" or "all Iraqis". I'm talking about the terrorists. They do hate us. If you look back, you'll see they've called for all Americans anywhere in the world to be killed. All Americans. Anywhere. It's difficult to wrap your mind around that kind of concept if you're not wired that way. KKK members and Nazis would relate to it. Just the same as saying "Kill all blacks and jews anywhere you find them". Same basic concept. It's comforting to an extent to think that they can somehow, deep down, be reasoned with. This is not the case.

As for all the "oil is the cause" stuff, I don't care. I don't care if -Bush- went there for oil, the fact is that it had to be done. They don't hate us because of what we've done in Abu Ghraib- that's just something else to holler about. I'm not justifying it, but honestly, are we going to get info from these guys by offering them tea and cookies every afternoon at 4? Sometimes you have to get nasty. I don't know that there have been murders and rapes committed by Americans at Abu Ghraib because I haven't been given proof of it. When I have, I'll decry it. It needed to be done and we did it. And we're not leaving until we're finished.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
They DO hate us. I'm not talking generalities, like "all Muslims" or "all Iraqis". I'm talking about the terrorists. They do hate us. If you look back, you'll see they've called for all Americans anywhere in the world to be killed. All Americans. Anywhere. It's difficult to wrap your mind around that kind of concept if you're not wired that way. KKK members and Nazis would relate to it. Just the same as saying "Kill all blacks and jews anywhere you find them". Same basic concept. It's comforting to an extent to think that they can somehow, deep down, be reasoned with. This is not the case.

I don't agree. More likely, they want to stop US interference. I don't know about you, but I haven't interfered. They've called for all Americans to be killed because we allowed our government to become this over-powering "super power", and we're still not doing anything about it. Now, this super power has it's tentacles in everyones' affairs, and has for some time. They're fed up. What happens when you're fed up? You start killing anyone who has anything to do with whatever it is you're fed up with. IMO, if we had stayed out of their affairs in the first place, we would not be their #1 target.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Today, Sturday 17 JUL 04, video tape of the beheading of Paul Johnson has been posted on the internet.

Link to story

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join