It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Keyes: Under Obama 'We Shall All Become Slaves on the Government's Plantation'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Alan Keyes: Under Obama 'We Shall All Become Slaves on the Government's Plantation'

www.cnsnews.com

Alan Keyes, a conservative activist and former diplomat, said Wednesday that President Barack Obama and liberals in Congress are promoting a dependence on government that mirrors slavery.

Keyes appeared with more than a dozen other black conservative leaders at a gathering in Washington to condemn accusations by the NAACP that the Tea Party movement has a racist faction. Keyes said real racism occurs when race is connected to ideology -- as was the case, he said, when Barack Obama
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Former U.S. Ambassador Alan Keyes at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010.

Do you want to be free, with a limited size constitutional government or do you want to live a slave, heavily dependent on Obama's big government?

Alan Keyes is right all along.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Biased spin much.

All this over simplification and dramatisation is what is destroying America - don't fall for their trap.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
lol, I like Keyes

I have posted some of his videos here before.
And lots of the time, he is spot on
IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow. Can't say he's wrong, just surprised he's still alive.

Slaves were never set free, free people were made slaves. All are equal before the masters.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Biased spin much.

All this over simplification and dramatisation is what is destroying America - don't fall for their trap.

Both sides are a trap.

I will clear it all up for you.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Both sides of the isle are puppets for ppl with billions.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Human beings have been slaves for a very long time. They just haven't worked it out yet.

At the moment, most people still believe that unless you work, you have no right to live.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

At the moment, most people still believe that unless you work, you have no right to live.

I stared your post and agree..As long as you are NOT living off someone else..I'm not here to work and pay taxs so you don't..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It is not an oversimplification to say bluntly, that 'big government equals slavery for the people', and that 'small government equals freedom for the people'.

I use the word government loosely, as a mega corporation can easily take over the role of government. And so can organized religion, many times it has also took on the mantle of government.

The basic premise is this, larger governments have more workers and soldiers, thus more capability to oppress others. Small governments are short handed and have far less workers and soldiers, thus making it far more difficult for them to oppress anyone.

And I also typically agree with Alan Keyes, although I do not trust him.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I stared your post and agree..As long as you are NOT living off someone else..I'm not here to work and pay taxs so you don't..

No if you are dumb enough to pay the IRS you deserve everything you get.

Stop paying them if you want the right to not have your money burnt in the fireplace.

Oh and that means you get to keep it and spend it where you think is most fitting. So if you think it should go to charity, give it to charity. That makes a tax write off anyways.

Think.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I found this part of the article especially interesting. It really makes a ton of sense if you think about it.

“What did it mean to be a slave?” Keyes asked. “It meant that you actually had guaranteed shelter, guaranteed clothing. Your master guaranteed your food, your clothing, your shelter and a job. “Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?” he said.

www.cnsnews.com...

This is actually pretty true.

When you work for various companies (or yourself), you have the options to choose which workplace fits your life the best. Or you can make sacrifices and take on risks and dangers for very high pay.

But when the government takes over and eliminates 90% of all free enterprises, and then institutes massive welfare programs which have very stringent rules and regulations for it's recipients, it becomes a "my way or the highway" type reality.

And it gives the government massive powers over the people whom become dependent on that system. There are very few options to escape from it, and many get trapped and have little choice but to continue working for the one employer no matter how bad the conditions become, or how measly the pay is.

This is a serious issue folks, we need to cut this government down to size, and get this nation back into free enterprise and promote the great entrepreneurial spirit that made us great in the first place.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yet more proof that Alan Keyes is full of crap.

Seriously, the guy says some pretty outlandish things.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

In case anyone was wondering what that Declaration Alliance was, and why Nevada senatorial candidate Sharron Angle might have been endorsed by it; here's the answer: It's Alan Keyes' non-profit "educational" operation.

And, to make the soap opera elements even more interesting the Declaration Alliance got into some hot water amidst the Minuteman's Civil Defense Corps founder Chris Simcox's troubles with dissidents who have formed a splinter group calling itself the Patriot's Border Alliance, and with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations.

Source

What the heck is this mess?

Alan Keyes Defends State-Level Theocracies

Is this true?

He is another wingnut like Sharron Angle?

Please advise. It's getting very confusing to tell what's what here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by virgom129

No if you are dumb enough to pay the IRS you deserve everything you get.

Stop paying them if you want the right to not have your money burnt in the fireplace.

Oh and that means you get to keep it and spend it where you think is most fitting. So if you think it should go to charity, give it to charity. That makes a tax write off anyways.

Think.

Stop paying the IRS? I'm sorry but jail doesn't sound appealing at the moment.

Gotta love the little government types that when it comes time to taking action, are usually hiding under rocks somewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by ironfalcon

completely stupid man, crazy chimp, what a hell of a #ing bull # !!!

f..ck this world, I am tired of this B..sh..t, why did this Keyes not react when the chimp GWBush was in office ????

If he was so full of BS he would certainly promoted and pushed by the major Media - yet they pushed him out.

He tried to run against Bush - would think this means he didn't think Bush was the right man. Never got past the primaries.

He's probably one of the few that actually addresses our issues without candy-coating the message. Some people don't like truth in their face.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Stop paying the IRS? I'm sorry but jail doesn't sound appealing at the moment.

Gotta love the little government types that when it comes time to taking action, are usually hiding under rocks somewhere.

Funny as hell you missed that super important part where I clearly stated HOW NOT TO GO TO JAIL.

I SAID: Give your money to Charity it's a tax write off anyways.

This means you don't pay the IRS and you don't go to jail. THINK!!

Also you can choose which foundations you like, rather than letting .gov throw it at anyone who lobbies them for it.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've seen what they do to people who don't pay their taxes. No thanks.

I'm not one of those types that refuses to pay taxes and then holes up in the woods with enough weapons to arm a small group of insurgents.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I thought Keyes died a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I found this part of the article especially interesting. It really makes a ton of sense if you think about it.

“What did it mean to be a slave?” Keyes asked. “It meant that you actually had guaranteed shelter, guaranteed clothing. Your master guaranteed your food, your clothing, your shelter and a job. “Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?” he said.

www.cnsnews.com...

This is actually pretty true.

When you work for various companies (or yourself), you have the options to choose which workplace fits your life the best. Or you can make sacrifices and take on risks and dangers for very high pay.

Slaves didn't HAVE any options. Slaves didn't work "for themselves." Work, not work and be whipped, die, or run away, were pretty much their "options.

The Keys' quotation is BS white apologism coming from a black man. I have heard the same things from white red neck southerns (who probably didn;t know any better): "but they had a job, they had food, shelter, etc, how can they complain??" Ignorance, plain and simple.

Guaranteed shelter that the slaves mostly built themselves with what odds and ends were left (usually); guaranteed clothing, more one shirt/pants/shoes that had to last the entire year--even in the winter--without the option to buy anything else or new, but pieced together from sackcloth; beds of straw and furniture pieced together with sticks; food, basic nutritional necessities and whatever was left, cornbread, pot liquor, fat back three times a day, and what they grew in their own gardens--when they had the time after working dawn to dusk in the fields with the occasional meat (or whatever they could catch/trap when they WEREN"T working); a job that they could not leave, as they were slaves, and had no means to better themselves, unless they got lucky and became a "house negro.' Of course, some masters were better than, but as a whole, slaves did what they were told, and made do with what they were given--with few other options...

Oh, and slaves didn't make crap for money to buy anything or to better themselves, they had to rely upon the few things that the master gave them or what they could steal, hunt, or find themselves. They had few options.

In our case, it's mindless zombieism and placation, booze, tv, chips, fear, family hour. Slavery HAS taken a different form, but to compare that slavery to our slavery is completely missing the mark. We are generally not aware of our slavery. African Slaves were. "Obey. Consume. Sleep." Reminds me of "They Live."

I Guess we *are* technically "guaranteed" these things (that the black slaves had) as slaves insomuch as we are under the umbrella/plantation of government, but it's not the same thing and hardly accurately comparable and downplays the plight and severity of those who truly have had no (or very little) choices (like the blacks slaves vs. us slaves).

That's just my perspective. *shrug*

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Liquesence]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join