It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there ETs walking among us?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

Not really poorly presented. black scleras are present in horses and Lizards. I recall reading through an article on various eye disorders, ranging from missing eye pigment to no iris. One thing mentioned was something like a large pupil or something, basically making the white small or not there.

There's a few paintings of humans killing Neanderthals however. Mixed in with rituals of bull slaughter. We also know that hominids eat other hominids, what with it being the ice age and all. And we mated with a few as well.

This, for example, is bull slaughter and wildmen being killed with them.

Be back with more.

reply to post by OrphenFire

cool bro, cool. Nice work!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gorman91]

reply to post by JJBB22

Disproving you, if I wanted, would be easy. But I am more interested in your views. I am not above learning other views before I see what's wrong with them. Everyone can speak. But the words can be wrong. I just want to know.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
hopefully this thread doesnt get contaminated by people who wont let others have a decent serious conversation without being rediculed to think outside the box.

i personally think theyre around us, and i do think there are even ones in coffee shops sort of speak. why do i think this?

because i believe our government uses them to monitor other people in ways humans cannot.

its as simple as that in my POW.

this thread could be used to come up with some good stories about people who have had encounters with people fitting the description.

i think the only way to find out is if one cant hold its form or shape and somehow loses it in public... hmmm.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
It's kind of an unfalsifiable hypothesis. If aliens were among us, blending in, concealing their true identity, then we would never know. We also would never be able to prove or disprove such a theory, as there is no way to do so. And if you ask an "alien" if he/she is an alien, you would always get a response like, "What??" or a sarcastic remark in some cases, "Of course I am!" or whatever. Either response yields no results whatsoever. We'll never know until the aliens (if they are here) perform a public demonstration or reveal their spacecraft/technology.

Basically, if they want to remain hidden, they will do so.

Personally I would never lie about being ET, nor would I make an intentionaly sarcastic remark. If I was asked, I would simply tell the truth.

I feel it is a lie, a violation of the self to deny Ones true identity. I'm tired of the lie, and will no longer subscribe to it. I also have reduced respect for other ETs who continue to lie about and to themselves.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
ET's among us?

Isn't it interesting how some declare with absolute certainty that God does not exist, and yet claim ET's are sitting across from them at the restaurant? In either case, it is all about faith.

All of us have a measure of faith. What we put our faith in is the real question. I'll choose to place my faith in a loving God that has left much evidence of His existance and His Word to guide us. If you choose to concentrate your faith in some slimey reptilian ET who hides from us, abducts humans to do wierd experiments on against their will and slaughter farm animals in the fields, have at it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

yes. i know this to be absolutely 100% true.

we really need to stop using the word aliens..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Anyone can claim to be an ET. But you have to prove it. I could prove it because I've studied science enough to know how to build a warp drive. But I'm not an ET. I just learned my math.

I find it funny that every technology ETs have ever been shown to have are never more than the speculations of that time period. Aliens of the 1950s never had boson-condensate compressors to create gravity, or gluon bombs, or antimatter. But once they are discovered, suddenly aliens have it.

If there was ever more proof to aliens not caring about us, it would be that. Why don't aliens have futuristic things? They only ever have technology that the time period of their claims knew about.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

hopefully this thread doesnt get contaminated by people who wont let others have a decent serious conversation without being rediculed to think outside the box. i personally think theyre around us, and i do think there are even ones in coffee shops sort of speak. why do i think this? because i believe our government uses them to monitor other people in ways humans cannot.

"Contaminated" is a nice choice of words for a thread where people try to ask for at least some proof. "Monitor other people" - in what ways? You do realize that there are VERY few people worth monitoring, right? Seriously though, can you give an example of *how* the aliens would provide this monitoring? Telepathy? That's hardly necessary if you have a good wiretap. Also, "coffee shops"? I am sure the government REALLY wants to know what hippie college kids fantasizing running around in the Congo and being a racist like Che and how Sallie cheated on her husband last night.

Not really poorly presented. black scleras are present in horses and Lizards. I recall reading through an article on various eye disorders, ranging from missing eye pigment to no iris. One thing mentioned was something like a large pupil or something, basically making the white small or not there. There's a few paintings of humans killing Neanderthals however. Mixed in with rituals of bull slaughter. We also know that hominids eat other hominids, what with it being the ice age and all. And we mated with a few as well. This, for example, is bull slaughter and wildmen being killed with them.

It just read in the same order as the wiki article, which makes made me say what I said. Thanks for the picture though, seriously - expected you to bail. On the other hand, I don't see anything out of the norm there - I don't even see people killing other people. Then again - everyone lived in small tribes back then (actually smaller units than tribes), so there was a #load of warfare. As you know, we all like to villanize our enemies in art.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I find it funny that every technology ETs have ever been shown to have are never more than the speculations of that time period. Aliens of the 1950s never had boson-condensate compressors to create gravity, or gluon bombs, or antimatter. But once they are discovered, suddenly aliens have it.

If there was ever more proof to aliens not caring about us, it would be that. Why don't aliens have futuristic things? They only ever have technology that the time period of their claims knew about.

I agree 100% on that. The aliens never seem to have futuristic things, only that which we are already aware of. I've always thought back to the weird looking 1950's UFOs and wondered why they fit the time period instead of being more "futuristic"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

Indeed. I've actually been looking for a painting I saw a year ago in a bio course. It had legit Neanderthals being stabbed and killed.

Ironically there is not a whole lot of evidence for humans killing other humans. We only seemed to kill those not of us. It was only after we killed off anything different that we started making villages that killed each other.

This is a very interesting and sad fact of humanity. Only when something we all hate is presented do we put aside our hated for each other to unite and kill it.

We eat, raped, out competed, or simply killed anything that was not human. We now know of many many groups of humans, from homosapien Rhodesiensis, to Neanderthals. Once we spread through the world, they were all dead but us.

I mean, how angry does that make you? That we were the most united only when we had to kill those different? Pfff. We really need to change our ways.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Anyone can claim to be an ET. But you have to prove it. I could prove it because I've studied science enough to know how to build a warp drive. But I'm not an ET. I just learned my math.

See, you are pushing it again. I am an aerospace engineer - you can verify this claim by finding my posts from 5 years ago when I was still getting my degree. I would LOVE to hear you explain the basics of a warp drive for me - you can be as technical as you like, but just the basics are fine. For example, if we were talking about a combustion engine, I would expect you to explain things like the compression-combustion cycle, the fuel injection system, and how the power is converted into torque and then used to drive the machine / generate electricity. I would also want an explanation of how the inefficiencies (such as the heat loss) are overcome.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by avraell]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All cats are aliens! The way they look at you.... mmmmm planning something...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Isn't it interesting how some declare with absolute certainty that God does not exist, and yet claim ET's are sitting across from them at the restaurant? In either case, it is all about faith.

The difference would be that at least we can define what we mean by extraterrestrial, as intelligent beings or entities that didn't originate on Earth. Whereas I've never encountered anyone who can give me a clear definition of "God." Upon questioning, people generally narrow it down to a "feeling" they get when thinking about vastness or something incomprehensible, and not an actual thing or being of any kind.

So you really can't equate the two.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

There's no evidence for or against either. But the sheer size of the universe demands aliens. At the same time, the machine that is the universe demands God.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I deal in facts, not claims. Crows can use tools. A crow, a non humanoid, is more intelligent and can make more tools than an ape, a humanoid species.

I also deal in facts, and not claims. The things I have presented are facts, and, from One who is in a better position to know. My species has been traveling the stars for something on the order of 60 million of your years. I feel that my people, culture should know a couple of things.

They can make spears, hooks, rope, etc etc.

FYI, they were not trained like apes are. They learned on the spot.

Yes, I've heard and seen the kinds of things Crows can, and, do do. They are truly amazing. It is however, also true that they don't use advanced tools, and have no, even moderately, advanced technologies.

The fact remains that humanoids are worthless. They require big brains, are unstable socially, and their civilizations do not last for more than a few hundred years. A thousand if you're lucky.

Yes, humanoids have large brains. But then, so does that machine in front of you. The computers we had back in the 70's could not do what computers of today can. The reason: 70's era computers were 8 bit systems, today we have 64 bit machines. To make this leap inprocessing ability required the use of greater space. The same holds true for biological processors.

Why have a big brain when you can have a small one without religion or culture and stuff that slows you down, but still retain intelligence, logic, and exponential growth? Why bother evolving this form when you can keep what you have and just evolve more neurotransmitters and transition speed to deal with the lack of size?

Peoples with religion and culture are more likely to develop a sense of honor, a sense of right and wrong. Evolving a large brain and thus the more advanced concepts may help prevent some large brained species from initiating your extinction. It is a fact, that those who don't play nice, are driven off or killed, thus these traits are actually a good thing, even if they require greater processing power.

Also, more nerotransmitters would require more receptors, this would neccessarily lead to a larger brain.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
since we dont know our origin, is very possible that there are aliens that look just like us

or even that they would have a tech to blend in without a problem

who knows ... this is all speculation, but its nice to hear histories about it ... fun

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by romanmel

The difference would be that at least we can define what we mean by extraterrestrial, as intelligent beings or entities that didn't originate on Earth. Whereas I've never encountered anyone who can give me a clear definition of "God." Upon questioning, people generally narrow it down to a "feeling" they get when thinking about vastness or something incomprehensible, and not an actual thing or being of any kind.

So you really can't equate the two.

Someone's interpretation of Alien could be fallen angels, demonic realm, gray aliens, ghostly beings etc, it's difficult to define for each and everyone.

That's why I enjoy these threads as everyone has something different to contribute and chew over.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think it's a possibility. A big maybe. Never really gave it too much thought. Yet, if I ever saw the day it turned out to be true, I'd be delightfully surprised.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've been a member here for over 5 years, and this has to be one of the craziest threads I have ever seen reach the front page!

If we are going down the road of "aliens amongst us" is there one person here that can provide any proof of this whatsoever?

I have read reports on this thread of people with "clammy hands" people that are 6" 10' tall dressed in black, hanging out in supermarkets!...........give me, and all the members here some proof that these encounters are with aliens!

The whole thing has got to be the easiest conspiracy theory ever!......there are Aliens walking amongst us, who look exactly like us, we can't prove that they are aliens, but they are people who look or act a little weird, so they must be from another planet!

And you wonder why people take the piss??

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_form
I think it's a possibility. A big maybe. Never really gave it too much thought. Yet, if I ever saw the day it turned out to be true, I'd be delightfully surprised.

Would you still be "delightfully surprised" if they planned on having you for lunch?

Aliens, it they exist, may not be benevolent, you know.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by romanmel]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

How does knowing how to build a warp drive prove anyone to be an alien? Besides, proof, it seems, in in the eye of the beholder. I've presented my evidence, and in time I will present more.

Why would One want to use a boson-condensate compressor to create artificial gravity? There are much easier, practical, and real methods to do that.

Terrestrial science has even been able to create your basic warpdrive, and it doesn't require exotic technology. Granted the warp factor is very low, but ...

There are even people working on the theory behing creating traversable wormholes, and tachyon systems. So, it seems that ET isn't the only one with exotic technologies.

Etharzi od Oma

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join