It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there ETs walking among us?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I did just that.

I got this:

Oh look. They agree. You are Eastern European. Austrian perhaps?

Care to explain?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I did just that.

I got this:

Oh look. They agree. You are Eastern European. Austrian perhaps?

Care to explain?

First of all, I didn't report a D2 (chromosome 2) value, yet you entered the D21 (chromosome 21) value as D2 data. You filled out the form wrong, and gave the application bad data.

Then you omitted the "full database" value (5.0E-13).

Next you seem to think that those are hits. They're not, its a list of all European population on record, and the probability of finding a match. Those are some rather small numbers there.

Give it up, you have spent your only argument.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes you did.

D21S11 Chromosome 21 CODIS 28, 30

And it's still a probability. Which means it is possible. FYI, it is more likely you are human than not. IF the probability exists, it is possible, and no matter how small, it is more probable than alien.

So unless you lied, stating no matches is a lie. You are in a lose lose situation of either lying about the numbers, or lying about the results.

So remind me again. Your argument is now basically that because it is a low probability and just one gene may or may not be wrong, you are alien.

Do explain, please do. Where is your case? What's left of it? I honestly want to know how you can still defending yourself.

As of now, you wither lied about the numbers entered, or lies about having no matches as a result. Pick one. Either is a ban-worthy offense on ATS. We are actually discussing this matter with maybe...maybe not and mods. Your case is not looking very well.

So how are you going to change your claims now? Your DNA evidence is dead.

FYI, if I leave the D2 out, we still get matches. That "no results" never comes up.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sorry my post was in the wrong thread.

[edit on 10/8/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I also went ahead and typed in the values for a real person from there.

Looky there. Similar numbers to your own!

By adding a constant to your variable, we create real science.

Your variable is not different. You are human.

Oh look. The human is more alien than the alien!

yours without d2

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You honestly don't understand what is saying, do you!

Austrian: 1 chance in 11, 833, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 that is the same as 1 chance in the population of a billion Earths.

All of the numbers you are seein there are probabilities, with truly poor odds!

The overall probability is 1 in the population of 1, 000 Earths. The original estimate of the probability of ET being on Earth is significently greater than this. So, I'm sorry, but, the math bears this out, ans supports the argument.

Move on please.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Then one has to ask.

Why does a real person with DNA I typed in get lower results then yours?

Have you considered that the website is broken and that your results are flawed as a result? hmm?

Or maybe we are both wrong, because we are both using the website incorectly.

Either way. You have to answer the question. Why does a normal man get the same results as you?

Of course, there is the simple fact that you could be lying and your entire website was fabricated. Anybody could type in those numbers and get those same results. After all. I got a random blokes dna and did the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Show me the aliens! I think they totally walk among us!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So I decided to screw that website and go to a real one from the FBI

There are many matches.

So we are now no longer dealing with probability, but rather, real people matching your genetics.

Do me a favor and stop. Because you've lost now.

darwin.bio.uci.edu...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So I decided to screw that website and go to a real one from the FBI

There are many matches.

So we are now no longer dealing with probability, but rather, real people matching your genetics.

Do me a favor and stop. Because you've lost now.

darwin.bio.uci.edu...

Well now, that is a rather suspect app. It seems that it returns the same values regardless of the number of loci its told to match. And by the way; a match at 4 loci does not consitiute a match. As this uses CODIS then actually any match at all to another individual should be suspect. The whole point of CODIS is that thare are no matches. We are all unique. The data can however, provide valuable population data, which is how Omnipop works.

By the way ... the link you provided and its results as well are not from the FBI. To the best of my knowledge the public doesn't have access to codis. However the data is still available from the Government at the National Institute of Science and Technology ... Where I found most of my data, and database links.

You have wholly missed the point I was trying to explain, sign. I won't go through it a third time

[edit on 10-8-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ah, but at least 4 of them do match up. And that's more than enough to say you are, at most, a mutant.

Go find another.

And you still did not answer the question of the constant for your app.

Why does an ordinary man show up with less probability than you?

You replied about the app, but deviated attention to the points before.

What about the constant?

What about other websites?

And finally, what about the fact that we are talking about genes which barely affect how a human is?

If you want to talk about probability, which is the core of your proof, the fact is you are still 99.99%+ human. Meaning that only a few, maybe dozen genes, out of the countless ones, are what you are using for proof. The statistical chance that over a billion letters line up on all the cosmos and that civilization finds Earth is simply lower than the statistical probability of you simply having a few quirky genes and being born human.

That, simply put, kills your whole idea.

We are still waiting to hear about your constant.

EDIT

The FST is set at 0 through .03, when the FST of Europe is around .12 How could you possibly have accurate readings?

besides, all this does not change the fact of the constant.

What is it you ask? Well you see, in science, when we have a variable, we add a constant. For you that would be another human being. My constant, a man's dna, showed the same numbers as yours. So how can you be alien if a man gets numbers which say he is more alien than you. If a man can be more alien than an alien, the alien is a man.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And you still did not answer the question of the constant for your app.

What constant?

What about other websites?

Of the few that offer any kind of searchable data, my hypothesus seems to bare up. Most of these support the probabilities

If you want to talk about probability, which is the core of your proof, the fact is you are still 99.99%+ human.

Actually I did a probability computation, wrote a computer program to do it. Used bayesian inferrence (which means I built a Bayesian Inferrence engine). The probability that I'm alien is 99.99999999% Your guess is wholly out of order.

So far you have tried to show I'm wrong and based everything off of illconcieved, illogical, and incorrect data analysis methods and practices. You have routinely ignored data if it didn't meet your "debunking" standard.

You treat this like a game to see who wins and who looses. This is not a game, it is a search for truth, and as such there is only a winner if we find truth, and then everyone wins. If we fail to find truth we all loose. Your methods, etc. only lead to non-discovery of truth, and thus a loss for us all.

You place more stock in speculation than most people I've known or heard of, this almost always leads away from truth, and is valuable only as long as it can serve as a starting point, or place holder.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No, that's incorrect. Because the chances of an alien having similar DNA, bodies, or anything is low. A banana would be more related to humans than an alien.

Maybe the dna rotates the opposite direction, maybe the dna isn't made of our chemistry. Infinite possibilities. benzene towers, carbon threads with oxygen marking a new letter, silicon, methane, dextro versions of them all. Even things with the same chemistry that form different shapes. What if the brain develops a different way? Crows prove you do not need a cerebellum to be intelligent. What of those species? Infinite chances. We would make up literally less than 1% of the what's out there in terms of how things look, let alone have this kind of dna.

The chances of that are low. So how could you be 99.99% sure to be alien? They do not add up. What's the math to this silly equation? You'd first have to have the dna of aliens to compare it with. We don't have any. The chances of an alien that looks human, has our dna, and survives becoming a space faring species, AND is peaceful is so embarrassingly low for you that you might as well give up the BS that states you are 99.00% sure you are alien.

If the chances of an alien evolving to look human is low, how can the chances of you being alien be that high?

Impossible.

What we are dealing with is simply an old fool trying to act like he knows biology. You are certainly caught red handed here.

What is it you ask? Well you see, in science, when we have a variable, we add a constant. For you that would be another human being. My constant, a man's dna, showed the same numbers as yours. So how can you be alien if a man gets numbers which say he is more alien than you. If a man can be more alien than an alien, the alien is a man.

So you have to answer this, or I will just keep reminding you.

Why does the constant show numbers like yours?

Why is the FST locked at numbers bellow that Europe has?

How can you use math that says you are 99.99% sure to be alien if we have no aliens to compare to and the statistical probability of compatibility is basically zero?

Answer these.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That is news to me! Do you mean that after a rather successful careerf as a software engineer, that all those scientific applications, that everyone seemed to love so much, were wrong. Because I never add a "constant" to something unless it was relevant data that would never change.

Also, the whole idea of CODIS is that no two people have the same DNA,thus allowing for the DNA to identify them, there are of course exceptions to this, as in the case of relatives. You should know that a match on 4 loci is not considered a match ... too little data. By the way, I have no relatives, so, just how are you finding a match? (not on 4 loci I hope!)

Again, you apply illogical technique to your analysis, and arrive at an even more illogical conclusion, and then explain it in an illgoical manner. You really hoave some serious logic issues, did ya know that? Please, accept that this can not go further with out more data, accept the "strangeness" as it currently is, and please, don't force us all to witness the depths of your fears, and illogical thinking again.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That's such a horrible smear of the truth. Scientific applications have the person add a constant or has a sourced constant. Don't play dumb games here and stop derailing the main topic.

I will repeat the questions to you that you have not answered still.

Why does the constant show numbers like yours?

Why is the FST locked at numbers bellow that Europe has?

How can you use math that says you are 99.99% sure to be alien if we have no aliens to compare to and the statistical probability of compatibility is basically zero?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfaRedMan.....
I am an alien.
What are you gonna do about it?

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa.
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy
to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming
to take me away, ha-haaa!!!
IRM

InfaRedMan.....

Absolutely! .....that's how it gets when these threads in the Aliens & UFOs Forum are run off the rails by obsessive & extensive "I am an alien" posting that I believe belongs in the Skunkworks / Gray Area.

I hope Springer & the Team can arrive at some sort of resolution wherein they can prevent this problem from continuing.

As we can all see, this thread (amongst others) has now been completely hijacked by such story telling.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Your not an alien, just a little confused!

Just you sit down now and have a nice cup of tea, I'm just going to give you something to relax you, don't you worry now, it will all be better in a moment :-)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Great manners here people. Let's all team up on one guy and derail the thread.
It does not matter if he is one or isn't, but no argument is going to convince him he is not.
Can we please move on and discuss the opening post? It's actually a interesting subject.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I believe that if such Aliens wish to visit our planet they would, and would blend in with ease due to advance technology.
However, i do not personally believe that this is the case, although if such evidence was given then i'd readily admit I was mistaken. I think Aliens, with such technology, would have better ways of observing and taking note of our behaviour than walking among us and essentially taking rather crude case studies of our race. But that is just on the premise that they want to observe and learn. Who knows what there reasons may be?
I would like to make note, in somewhat contrast to my previous statement, I do strongly believe that Aliens have and do visit(ed) our planet and at times may 'walk among us', but I'm skeptical about mass Alien groups posted around the globe. Although it is feasible.
This is very interesting subject, many thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

I've often thought that if our ancient cultures were visited by alien life, then it only seems logical that they were probably breeding with humans. Is it just me or has anyone else notice that ALL mongaloids have nearly identical features? Has anyone also noticed that intellectually, they far exceed the "normal" intelligence levels of the average human. Although they are not outspoken and not extremely social, they are brilliant to the point that most humans don't understand them.

Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join