It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL EXPOSURE LAW On 16 July 1969, a United States law was passed called the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law" that made it illegal for the public to come in contact with extra-terrestrials or their vehicles. (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations). Anyone found guilty of such contact could face up to one year imprisonment as well as a fine of $5000. Also, any individual who had been "exposed" could be quarantined under armed guard by the NASA administrator without a hearing. The law was passed originally to protect Earth from possible biological contamination resulting from the US Apollo Space Program and other space exploration programs. It has been suggested by researchers and scientists that the U.S. government was very concerned that contact with extra-terrestrial bacteria could result in a worldwide plague. The immune system of human beings wouldn't be able to fight off extra-terrestrial bacteria, so therefore any kind of "extra-terrestrial exposure" was taken very seriously. People in the UFO community especially were alarmed with the law because its broad definitions could allow the US government to prosecute people in NASA as well as individuals of the general public who come into contact with extra-terrestrials and their vehicles. UFO and ET believers found it interesting that in one hand the government was denying they had any interest in extra-terrestrials, yet they had a law which forbid contact with ETs and their craft. 1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure 1211.100 - Scope This part establishes: NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body; and security requirements, restrictions and safeguards that are necessary in the interest of national security. 1211.101 - Applicability The provisions of this part to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth. 1211.102 - Definitions "NASA" and the "Administrator" mean, respectively, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or his authorized representative. "Extra-terrestrially exposed" means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has: Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of paragraph (b)(1) of this section. For example, if person or thing "A" touches the surface of the Moon, and on "A's" return to Earth, "B" touches "A" and, subsequently, "C" touches "B", all of these - "A" through "C" inclusive - would be extra-terrestrially exposed ("A" and "B" directly; "C" indirectly). "Quarantine" means the detention, examination and decontamination of any persons, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever that is extra-terrestrially exposed, and includes the apprehension or seizure of such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever. "Quarantine period" means a period of consecutive calendar days as may be established in accordance with 1211.104 Administrative actions. The Administrator or his designee..shall in his discretion: Determine the beginning and duration of a quarantine period with respect to any space mission; the quarantine period as it applies to various life forms will be announced. Designate in writing quarantine officers to exercise quarantine authority. Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter, whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever. The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed. Determine within the United States or within vessels or vehicles of the United States the place, boundaries, and rules of operation of necessary quarantine stations. Provide for guard services by contract or otherwise, as many be necessary, to maintain security and inviolability of quarantine stations and quarantined persons, property, animals or other form of life or matter whatever. Provide for the subsistence, health and welfare of persons quarantined under the provisions of this part. Hold such hearings at such times, in such manner and for such purposes as may be desirable or necessary under this part, including hearings for the purpose of creating a record for use in making any determination under this part for the purpose of reviewing any such determination. During any period of announced quarantine, no person shall enter or depart from the limits of the quarantine station without permission of the cognizant NASA officer. During such period, the posted perimeter of a quarantine station shall be secured by armed guard. Any person who enters the limits of any quarantine station during the quarantine period shall be deemed to have consented to the quarantine of his person if it is determined that he is or has become extra-terrestrially exposed. At the earliest practicable time, each person who is quarantined by NASA shall be given a reasonable opportunity to communicate by telephone with legal counsel or other persons of his choice. 1211.107 Court or other process NASA officers and employees are prohibited from discharging from the limits of a quarantine station any quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever during order or other request, order or demand an announced quarantine period in compliance with a subpoena, show cause or any court or other authority without the prior approval of the General Counsel and the Administrator. Where approval to discharge a quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever in compliance with such a request, order or demand of any court or other authority is not given, the person to whom it is directed shall, if possible, appear in court or before the other authority and respectfully state his inability to comply, relying for his action on this 1211.107. 1211.108 Violations Whoever willfully violates, attempts to violate, or conspires to violate any provision of this part or any regulation or order issued under this part or who enters or departs from the limits of a quarantine station in disregard of the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer shall be fined not more that $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both. Removal of the Extra-terrestrial Exposure Law

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm seeing a broken link as to the "Removal" graphic. It's like watching a movie and having the satellite conk out at "And the murderer is..."

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That is one law I will be more than happy to break. :-). If I seen an alien I would approach it and welcome it. If I go to jail so be it.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The law was invalidated in 1991. It no longers "serves its purpose" was the reason (whatever that is supposed to mean)

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's that missing image

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
hell yeah i would break that law if see an alien i would shoot at them with me M-16 then approach them later and i would show the body to the world i wish i saw one i really do have an M-16.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i'd brake that law, too. i'd probably throw rocks at it or something. rofl. i dont have any guns

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
"i really do have an M-16"... West Point huh? Are you relay one of the boys there turning into men? Your the type of kid thats going to get us all enslaved. Sides, word is were already there pal. You is 1/2 alien yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This law was simply put in place to control the handling of moon rocks and other 'space debris' to avoid exposure to unknowns etc - nothing more. It has been discussed here many times before!

IRM

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

No kidding, right?

I mean, it is so VERY clearly worded to mean that NASA doesn't want the public touching their toys, or harboring any space monkeys that might land in their lawn.

This law even predates the moon landing by only a few days..

Nothing to see here, folks. *shines flashy thing in your eyes*

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
hell yeah i would break that law if see an alien i would shoot at them with me M-16 then approach them later and i would show the body to the world i wish i saw one i really do have an M-16.

And people ask why they don't land on the White House lawn?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoyIt was a national thing though right....if it was that big of a deal, it would've instantly been made international right...people could travel without visas in some cases then couldnt they? How publicly was this law released if there was a potential problem?

I'm exausted...forgive me.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Somehow I get the feeling that if you still feel the same as you did when you posted in 2004, you probably aren't gonna have to worry about seeing any aliens...just a hunch.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gzhpcuMaybe that's when the bigboys down at the Pentagon realized they were from right here underneath us?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I spent a yr in the jammer, what for you ask? talking to an alien... seriously.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Idiotic law that one. Number one, I would just perform citizens arrests on anyone trying to enforce any such nonsense. However, there is a point. Providing your not one of the people who allow or empower judges to gag you, because I'm not and would charge them, my employee, with treason, and take a bullhorn if they even looked sideways at me, however such a case could prove interesting. IE. the government wishes to fine you for being around ets.
Hmmmmm interesting? Very good disclosure I think.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Ya its pretty obvious that outer world visitors exist when government has to create a law specifying alien and craft contact is illegal.

Has this one been debunked by the resident clan yet? I noticed the thread dates 2004. Just curious if it has or not.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont know but its ludicrous. The gov wants to make some extra cash off abductees obviously hoping to find easily gagged ones in secret courts. Because how would this work otherwise?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
This law was simply put in place to control the handling of moon rocks and other 'space debris' to avoid exposure to unknowns etc - nothing more. It has been discussed here many times before!

IRM

They would not need a public law for handling moon rocks and other debris from space to avoid exposure. There would be no reason to enact a public law. I dont recall seeing a mass of the public handling moon rocks or helping the astronauts get plucked out from the ocean after splashdown.

Ohh..imagine...any space microbes on that capsule...getting into the ocean...making fish and whales have 3 eyes and two heads!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There's no "debunking" to be done...it's actual legislation, although it's important to read this part of the intro:

The law was passed originally to protect Earth from possible biological contamination resulting from the US Apollo Space Program and other space exploration programs.

It's the suggestion of UFOlogists about WHY the law was created, that most skeptics have issue with... It's important to note that "extraterrestrial" means just that, not of this Earth, and does not necessarily equate with alien beings as a substitute term, at least insofar as legal terminology goes...

Personally, the reasons behind the law should be obvious...can you imagine the havoc an alien microbe could inflict? Think War of the Worlds in reverse...

<<   2 >>

join