It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF document illustrates plan to raise global currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

IMF document illustrates plan to raise global currency

rawstory.com

It's no secret that many of the world's largest industrialized nations are somewhat eager to ease their reliance on the U.S. dollar. For months China and Russia have pushed ever subtly, for a new "global reserve currency," to give governments around the world enhanced economic stability in the event of greater fluctuations in the dollar's value.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Corrected title. Please use the same title as the article, when submitting an article in B.A.N.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
hmmmmmmm........

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by damastadamind

i honestly agree with some of this.

i'm not sure if the us dollar should be a world currency. perhaps one day some one may be able to invent a currency that doesn't rely on the economic model or money?

maybe one can get a loan from banks to invest in research into a model of currency not dependant upon money?

ah, i dunno.

pleasentries,
et

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This brings to mind the 40 US Billionaires pledging to give at least half of their wealth to charities...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Because they are stealing tens of trillions undercover and they don't care?

Sure billionaires who love eugenics give their money because they care about the sheeple. GIVE ME A BREAK.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This brings to mind the 40 US Billionaires pledging to give at least half of their wealth to charities...

antar
yes u r right
it would make sense to give it all away
if it can't be traded for the new currency.
good point

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

it would make sense to give it all away
if it can't be traded for the new currency.
good point

No think about it for a moment, a new stable universal currency won't work unless people are able to buy into it by using *gasp* their local currency.

This also isn't new news, the currency was already in existence when the topic first started getting public attention back in spring.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I believe Germany is rumored to have had a role in this with Russia, from some talk that came out a G8 meeting a few years ago...the one where Bush had his hands all over the German chancellor, I believe (sorry, but it's how I remember things).

I suspect this is waiting to be put in place when the U.S. leaves the Middle East and Central Asia without gaining control over the sea routes and the natural gas, water, and oil pipelines to China and India. He who controls those controls the world, and that includes the currency.

Russia and China aren't just sitting there biding their time and saving their energy while they watch the U.S. deplete their money and their energy fighting these wars. And when or if the U.S. fails, they will sweep in and take control. India sits and observes to. They have a vested interested like Russia and China do.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
hello, i'm a currency trader, i do battle with the big sovergns and banks and operators....it's all a fake....

so, i don't really"trade"....i play their tricks and games, like the "carry trade"

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If this is real (about 95% sure it is) - it'll be interesting to see how it rolls out over the next 12 months or so.

It can't be good for the US economy. You guys are going to have a depression.

[edit on 5/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey!

What do you know! Another outbreak about a GLOBAL CURRENCY.

It's only been around for about 20 years...

Once of these days it will come true and everyone will say I TOLD YOU SO!!

... just like the end of the world.

THEY TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO END!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Did you even read the link?

It goes to this:

www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2010/041310.pdf

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ya im pretty sure its correct because i follow raw story and there correct about 99.9% of the time its no conspiracy website

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is an old news for currency trader. It was predicted about 1-2 years ago. The currency trading community just waiting for BRIC decision, which still favor USD for now. China and Russia already start complaining about relying on USD. IMF already moving toward this for a long time already.

What traders community is debating is what to base the new currency. Gold ? XDR ? SDR ratio ? Yuan ? What ?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I know i still thought it was news worthy

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Encouraging reserve holders to adjust the currency composition of reserves only gradually and discourage any “active” currency management that could potentially cause large swings between reserve currencies.

This part deserves great attention in my opinion. This looks like a mechanization designed to dissuade dollar holders from dumping. It is a system to absorb and deflect a dollar dump. It is a cleaver one in that it is being sold as being based on a basket of currencies but the truth is I think that the dollar gets an extension with this system because it will slow the hemorrhaging to other major currencies for a world reserve. The key phrase in this segment above excerpted is the ability it gives the IMF to discourage large swings between currencies.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
ya im kind of surprised this isnt getting more attention. As far as I can tell its the next big step towards one world currency, just more proof that the conspiracy theorists are right

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by damastadamind

People here at ATS suffer from a (ETA: not so) rare mental illness I discovered.

Its called: Attention to Reality Deficit Disorder

[edit on 6/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
haha yes i have to agree with you on that one. I hope that this article whether from me or some1 else on ATS gets some attention tho because its important. I kno that ATS members although sometimes delusional seem to do a far better job breaking down info and coming up with answers then i can usually do myself

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Rawstory is a good site, they do report real news. It is very much a liberal biased site, and unabashedly so (which is why I like it
), so political stories will have that slant. But otherwise what you are getting there comes from real news and well sourced stories. They aren't just randomly making stuff up that has no basis in reality - it's not Pravda (the most ironically named "news" source ever).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join