It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

OIL Bubbling up from under the sand!

page: 5
75
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy
 


It is true....they are lying. I am living in this and it is NOT ok. Our marshes are covered in oil. STILL. There have been massive wildlife kills, which they covered up. Reporters were not allowed in vicinities where fish and other sea life were washing up. THEY discreetly disposed of them before people could see it. Just like they controlled the air space over the Gulf so people couldn't see....they would ban people from the beaches whenever dead creatures washed up. It's a big crock. BP is trying to save their sorry a****.....and that's the truth. They are acting on TV like everything is just peachy.....but all you have to do is look at the BP feeds and you can see oil is still leaking. They are liars. I stopped watching the news....I drive to grand Isle or Barataria Bay and I can see it for myself. I watch the BP feeds (for what they are worth), and I come here and sort through the info. Sorry about the rant, I am just really PO'd about this. Just wanted you to know it's not how they are making it sound.





posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat
 


Can you take some pictures of those oil-covered marshes to post her for posterity?



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oil And Methane Continues To Leak From Sea Floor - look here on my video:

www.youtube.com...



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Youtube videos are a dime a dozen. Anything can be made and put on the site. I do not consider them reputable sources for information.

That being said, I would like to see the oil that is bubbling up from the sand, and have that cooridinated with a map to show exactly where it is taking place.

I have no doubt that oil is under the sand on the beaches. There is no way a few shovels got it all up. But as far as it literally just bubbling up, nah. Black Gold coming up out of the ground would warrant a claim.



posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood
 


Sure....I'll see what I can do.



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet
 


They said in the OP I believe it was that its not like Jed Clampits oil, texas tea, its much nastier and thicker, gooier.

I realize that people dont function under stress of the truth but this is something that everyone deserves to make decissions for themselves and their families and not just used as an experiment.



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat
 


Be sure and stay safe, I wouldnt get in contact with the beach at all until we know for SURE what is lurking.

You have nothing to prove.



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by StealthyKat
 




Be sure and stay safe, I wouldn't get in contact with the beach at all until we know for SURE what is lurking.

You have nothing to prove.


I won't go back down there till I know it's safe, but a friend of mine does, and maybe I can get him to take pics. You are right about the consistency of it too....he says it's like paste....very thick. People say that they have seen trucks bringing in sand and dumping it over the oil. I don't have proof, so I can't say it's true, but that's the talk around here.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by StealthyKat]



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by StealthyKat
 


Be sure and stay safe, I wouldnt get in contact with the beach at all until we know for SURE what is lurking.

You have nothing to prove.


So, we can criticize the 'msm' for not going down there, but not ourselves?

Kat, i look forward to those images...

be careful, of course.



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


dang. i thought bp had the spill all cleaned up. guess not now



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by smurfy
 


It is true....they are lying. I am living in this and it is NOT ok. Our marshes are covered in oil. STILL. There have been massive wildlife kills, which they covered up. Reporters were not allowed in vicinities where fish and other sea life were washing up. THEY discreetly disposed of them before people could see it. Just like they controlled the air space over the Gulf so people couldn't see....they would ban people from the beaches whenever dead creatures washed up. It's a big crock. BP is trying to save their sorry a****.....and that's the truth. They are acting on TV like everything is just peachy.....but all you have to do is look at the BP feeds and you can see oil is still leaking. They are liars. I stopped watching the news....I drive to grand Isle or Barataria Bay and I can see it for myself. I watch the BP feeds (for what they are worth), and I come here and sort through the info. Sorry about the rant, I am just really PO'd about this. Just wanted you to know it's not how they are making it sound.


Hi Kat,
I know that something is not right, hence my post. They have shown oil affected wildlife on TV news here, but in a very singular fashion, and nothing on how treatments have affected wildlife, or perhaps humans for that matter....but that last line is only my thoughts, I have no evidence for that.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by smurfy]



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Polite Mod Request

Hi People,

Can we please keep it all focussed on the topic - rather than eachother.


Cheers,
ALIEN



posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy
 


It is going to take a long time for the wildlife to recover. In the marshes where the pelicans and many other animals lay their eggs, was and still is covered in oil.....I even saw some with oil on them last time I went to Barataria. I don't know if oil on the eggs will hurt the baby inside, but I think eggs are porous so it seems like it would....very very sad.



posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy
 


Raking isn't going to move stand.

Anyone who has ever played with a Zen sand box knows this.

But, even if you haven't, the extremely simple truth is that rakes can only rake / move objects that are bigger than the space in between the tines / prongs.

In other words, YOU CAN'T RAKE SAND because the grains of sand are too small. All you can do is make some streaks in the sand.

If you want to move sand, you use a shovel!

I imagine they may have been using the rakes to FIND tar balls if anything, or to help collect them since tar balls would be of a decent size to get caught between the tines of the rake.

Seriously people. Think about things before you just agree with them based on suspicions. We know it's ugly out there and things are being made pretty, but don't lose your reasoning by agreeing with this guy and this rake theory.



posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by smurfy
 


It is going to take a long time for the wildlife to recover. In the marshes where the pelicans and many other animals lay their eggs, was and still is covered in oil.....I even saw some with oil on them last time I went to Barataria. I don't know if oil on the eggs will hurt the baby inside, but I think eggs are porous so it seems like it would....very very sad.


That's just it, a badly contaminated Pelican is about all I have seen on TV news here. It was unable to escape the marshes either, not that it would have made much difference.







 
75
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join