It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: CIA doctors 'gave green light to torture'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Everyone involved with torture should be thrown in jail and then sentenced.

I bet for just one torture victim, you'd have like 50 guys in jail. You've got the guards, the doctors, the officers, the soldiers outside keeping them safe while they do their dastardly deeds, the politicians/bureaucrats who signed off on it.

I say make an example out of them all. Make it so that people involved with holding them will be scared to so much as scuff the detainees shoes.

Anything less and we're a bunch of torturing scum who supports torturers and allows our people to abuse prisoners.

A nation who tortures.

Yeah! Torture! Someone torture me! W00T!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
it just goes to show you how the goverment handles things. Treating humans as mere objects.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You know, I had a thought. Maybe we're seeing a lot of these stories and story updates coming out because they think they know what the Iraq WikiLeaks documents contain. This story. The story about moving prisoners from Gitmo to the black sites. Abu Grahib. There may be others...they may all be connected. Or maybe they're just following up.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Torture the doctors. Since these guys think it is OK to torture let them have the experience. Then they will understand people will admit to anything under torture which makes it valueless.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Torture the doctors. Since these guys think it is OK to torture let them have the experience. Then they will understand people will admit to anything under torture which makes it valueless.

That is stupid.

Here's what you sound like:

'Torture is bad, let's use torture on people. Durrrrr."

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree I guess I seem like a savage, I guess I just get discuraged. The United States is trying to win a war. Well a war that can not be won terrorism will always exist. I have served 5 years active duty in the army they wont take me anymore I already tried once. Plus I wouldnt want to go back as an enlisted man. If the Army would take me back I would want to be commisioned but that will be another 2 years to bet my BA and I am alreay 30 with a bad knee bad back, and a couple knicks on my record. So I am terribly sentenced to being a armchair general
I dont want to kill innocent, I dont want to act savagley, but when you look at the situation it just seems so much easier to, take these devils and treat them the way they would treat us.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

You don't make sense kiddo.

You don't want terrorism but you want to do things that create more terrorists.

Here's what you sound like:

'Hey guys, I hate terrorists so let's do this thing which always results in even more terrorists fighting against us. Durr'

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I make plenty of sence to you as well Kiddo! I stand for the United States of America. You mess with us you get the water board. The fact is if you dont stand strong and be the best you get taken down with the rest. I still have hopes for my America I still believe that we can rise above and be the free and democratic society that we were formed to be. I know what I speak and will say it again I am not afraid.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

I don't blame you. I get discouraged, too. I just urge you to reread what we have already written and see if it is all something you can possibly accept down the line. My dad came out of Viet Nam kind of aggressive and fierce like you. Over the years he has paused for reflection a lot and thinks our policies do more harm than good in the long run. He says that has been the problem, our leaders have grown increasingly shortsighted, not just in foreign policy but in just about everything. Thank you for your service, by the way. I ended up not growing much and having breathing problems, probably because my parents smoked heavily, so I couldn't follow my dad into service like I planned when I was a kid. I don't take for granted the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make to keep us safe. I appreciate it and appreciate that you still want to serve. I'm sure with your love for our country you will find some way to keep contributing to your community.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join