It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Germany started both world wars....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by Reign02

the facts are true but your opinions and speculations are arrogant.
call us names all you want but america is globaly viewed as gits.
go sue something.

as to technological might, it was german and austrian captured scientists that created the A-bomb.
we created, radio, depth charges, scuba gear, electric motor, gas masks, periscope, radar, steel production, toilet paper, suspension bridges and many more.

sorry for my use of language

[edit on 10-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

How did this go from WW2 and who helped out the most to..... What the brits created........ and by the way my "opinions" aren't opinions they are FACTS. You brought this flame war on yourself for being such an ignorant fool.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

you need to chill because your arrogance is overwhelming.

as to the technolgy thing, it was directed at the above post that you praised. you did read the whole thing first right?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Reign02
You should look at the divisions storming the beaches of France. How many of those were Brits???? Ohh yea that is right like one or two. GG.

You should, actually.

On D-Day, the majority of the troops were British Empire troops (Canadian, UK, ANZAC and Indian), 90% of the Naval power was provided by the RN (even the boats that brought your guys ashore on Omaha were British!) and a significant amount of the air power was the RAF. It wasn't for quite a while after D-Day that the US had any majority in land forces.

But, it doesn't surprise me that you think the US did it all, after all Holywood said so, didn't they? U-571 and Saving Private Ryan have alot to answer for.

I NEVER SAID THAT WE DID IT ALL............. LEARN TO READ!!!!!!!!! And the majority of your troops were pulling out of Europe back to UK.... We came and developed a plan with you guys to storm the beachs. If you guys were doing so well then how did they bomb your island?? You need to look at the figures and deaths YET AGAIN. DAMN Im trying to be nice and u brits are TOTAL ASSHOLES

You're quote that I replied to is there for all to read. You insinuated, quite blatantly, that British involvement during the invasion of France, was minimal. That is a fallacy. Go look it up, prove me wrong instead of ranting, shouting and name calling.

As for the other poster who claimed it was US bombing that brought Germany down, I think not. RAF night time bombings wrought far more devastation on German cities than US bombing did, which suffered significant losses as a result of a stubborn refusal to fly at night, as you couldn't see the target. All the major raids over Germany like the big 1000 bomber raids were night raids by the RAF, such as Dresden for example.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Bombing German cities didn't hamper the war effort much, strategic bombing did.
The USAAF destroyed more industry than the RAF due to Harris's stubborn "panacea" argument against bombing oil, aircraft manufacturing and general industry. The deal was US in the day, RAF at night, 24 hour attack. The USAAf mounted huge raids over Germany, are you keeping score by numbers of aircraft? How silly.
My own father spent quite a bit of time over Germany with the 15th USAAF. How old are you? Why are you so hung up on Britian uber alles?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

29, if it actually matters. My Grandftaher fought on D-day and many memebrs of my family either serve or have served in HM Forces, including high up in the RAF. Not that any of that should matter any, as I have my own mind and it shouldn't matter who's Daddy did what. How childish.

As for being "hung up", I am merely correcting quite significant fallacies that are prevalent in thsi thread diminshing UK participation and effort while lauding the US as the saviour of the Western world. That's why I am "hung up"...

EDIT: I am not so sure you''re even aware of what "strategic bombing" is. What do you think the RAF was up to? What do you think strategic bombing is?

[edit on 10/8/10 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
if you ask me it doesnt matter who did what, who did the most harm, blah blah blah

its all moot

end of the day all the allied forces pulled together and stopped nazi germany and its allies

does an of the other crap your all arguing about really matter

and all the stupid namecalling is ludicrous and childish

i dont believe americans are stupid,

and i think anyone who thinks that is small minded and ignorant

likewise us brits arent so bad either

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the raf began by bombing german warships in 1939, germans were completely unrestriced in their bombings which was apparent during their invasion of poland and france, attacking cities to cause as much damage and terror among their enemy.
1941 is when the raf became less restricted with their bombings.
to say that you attacked military when we only bombed cities is wrong.
we bombed railways, bridges, anything relevent to weakening german forces and winning the war.
at the end of the day you were late to arrive and claim your efforts were superior.
if it wasn't for all allied forces working together and co-ordinating efforts the war would have ended differently.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Childish? I mentioned my father's service in passing.
Man, you are one hostile rude guy!
Now I get it, you are out to correct what you see as an injustice, a crusader.
Not worth my time.
Bye.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

to say that you attacked military when we only bombed cities is wrong.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are talking to me, I never said that. The RAF was spot on when it bombed military targets. Unfortunatly Harris favored civilian. This is FACT, it was controversial at the time, still is. Speer was the one that confirmed the effectivness of the USAAF, not some kneejerk American.
The whole situation was way more complex than you guys are making it. I see mostly flag waving and cliche's here.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In passing? No you didn't.. You state some facts, followed up with "my father did x, y, z", the followed by a childish "how old are you" in an attempt to belittle any input I have by making yours sound more authorative. A valid debating tactic, I suppose, but not one I will let slide.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I ask how old you are because you seem to be...insulting, angry and self righteously full of yourself.
Bye

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

people involved in this are getting angry and insulting but don't just point the finger one way.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Count me out!
I didn't insult anybody, nor am I angry.
at this point I'm disinterested.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Gentlemen, Gentlemen; what on earth is the problem here? The way you are ranting one, you would think that we were enemies during the last two World Wars. The simple fact is, regardless of who did what and who had the most toys, is that we founght side by side and WON!!!

Each allied powe had its merits and it is TOGETHER that we were able to emerge victorious.

Personally, it is better to honour the memory of those who died in order for us to be able to have the free speech we enjoy today.

Lest We Forget.

[edit on 11/8/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

[edit on 11/8/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this rant ever passed from page 1! I'm even more surprised that nobody has noticed that the OP never posted again in his own thread. And what surprises me the most, is to see how this thread developed into a pissing contest over something that happened sixty years ago.
A real waste of energy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What a sad and arrogant thread.

Ah well, lets make a joke out of it anyway, (No offence intended!) remember this?

The Major: Bunch of Krauts, that's what they are, all of 'em. Bad eggs!
Basil: Yes well, forgive and forget, Major... God knows how, the bastards.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As for being "hung up", I am merely correcting quite significant fallacies that are prevalent in thsi thread diminshing UK participation and effort while lauding the US as the saviour of the Western world. That's why I am "hung up"...

So is that what you think Americans and Englishmen did? Save the Western World?

Delusional much?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The American ended the Pacific Wars by A bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Understandable due to the fact that the Japanese were not going to give up easily. But it was the Russian that pull the trigger to Hitler's head by invading Berlin. The Allies was too late. By the time they arrive thousands of Germany's people were butchered by the Red Army in retaliation to what the Nazi's soldiers had done to the Russian's people in Stalingard. I give credit to the British Commonwealth for holding the Nazi long enough especially during the Bombing of London. Also the victory at North Africa and the Invasion of Italy.

Whatever happen in the past has already happen. Cherish the memory of the dead and build the better world for our child.

I'm not American or European. But I don't hate American's people. Without American people, American's troop might not have withdrawn from Saigon quickly to end the Vietnam war. The American people are just like any ordinary people in other countries. It's their government that plot and hide. I find it's unfair to blame them for whatever wrongdoing caused by their government.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Hope fully that should go some way to explaining it - and this does not include secret, illegal, covert sponsorships.

The US has also assisted most of the worlds most despotic tyrants - including Hitler, but more recently Noriega, Pinochet and many more of the ilk.

US foreign policy is directly aimed at assisting the opening of markets for privatisation and resource acquisition - with democracy and peace almost always being the victim.

Even something as mundane as Intellectual Property rights enforcement by the US led to them forcing India to desist supply generic aids drugs to Africa resulting in the deaths of tends of millions of people - purely for US profit. Nothing else - millions dead for profit - waaaay more than Hitler killed in his death camps.

Anything else you want to know ?

You are right thought - the planet as a collective hates the US to the very core - the fact you wonder why is part of the reason.

Oh - and as far as Germany starting both wars - they did not START the first world war - they were attacked building a pipeline to the middle east for oil - the Brits would not stand it and attacked - the assassination of the Duke Franz Ferdinand is the biggest steaming pile of BS I have ever heard,
Why dont as a little exercise look up WHY the first world war started - and you will get that reply - millions upon million dead for one assassination - i think not my friend.
80% of the "wars" were not wars.
No one hates Japan for the internment camps that performed vivisection (live dissection) of captured American Troops and Chinese prisoners. No we zero in on the a-bomb. No one zeroes in on how well Russia treated it's troops during WWII... 3 guys, one gun and 4 bullets. No body zeroes in on the Islamic radicals that have taken a page out of the Spanish inquisition in regards to prisoner treatment... oh no we deserve it.

As far as I'm concerned about the rest of the world... F-em. We don't need to be anywhere but our own country, we don't need to take care of anyone else, attempt to take care of anyone else nor do we need to dictate foreign policy to anyone else. We withdraw EVERY American from EVERY Country, and you never hear from us again... I'm talking isolationism we cut off all diplomatic ties with all of you sorry SOB's. Anyone tries to peak inside or try any BS after we leave... Nuke em. You don't want to live here under those conditions... LEAVE.

Before anyone complains about my opinion, remember where we live, I am ENTITLED to my opinion. Second remember, my opinion is based on the world "hating us to the core"... I wouldn't give two squirts of piss for anyone else but my fellow countrymen. You hate us so much, we'll stop contributing to your problems and we shall see how good things get when we leave the global scene.

So this is me giving the world the high hard one.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Look buddy, just because Germany started both world wars doest mean its OK for US to start world war 3!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join