Net neutrality is about to end, you will be restricted online

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51
come on people....like this would ever happen? its a fantasy.

People laughed at the thought of the US dollar going to crap too. They thought that was fantasy.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Count on it happening. Big Business wants it that way.

The dream that once was America is dying and we are the ones killing it. It is not Obama. It was not Bush. It is us, because we are fat, lazy, stupid and have a ten second attention span. We are terrified about the boogey man Muslim, so much we allow ourselves to be violated in the name of security. We allow without a fight the electronic strip search our children and grandmothers because we are so scared. We allow our police to become paramilitary thugs, threatening us with 16 years imprisonment for the crime of videoing them in public during the supposed discharge of their duty, for which we pay. So we turn off the camera in fear,..and in apathy. We routinely vote from emotion instead of logic and use religious beliefs to guide legal questions instead of the blind intellect and rationality. We believe what's spoon fed to us and then we rant around around anonymously and pompously on the Internet like tough guys, but doing nothing. We permit our government to attack other countries unprovoked, slaying tens of thousands of their people in their streets and homes, then we are shocked when their brave young men sign up by the thousands in rags and sandals to fight back our military industrial killing machine. Would you not join as they do if, say, the Chinese sent battalions into your streets and homes, running roughshod? (Probably we would not not, since we allow Wal-Mart and Target to bring China to our doorstep just the same because it is oh so convenient and cheap.) We allow, nay, we encourage, our good sons and daughters to lay their lives down for "Freedom." Whose freedom? Are you more or less free than you were pre-9/11? Our young military men and women are being slayed for war profits, plain and simple, and we turn a blind eye.

America is a failing state, governed by corruption, populated by cowards and fools.

You and I are the murderers of our childrens' dreams.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I agree 100%. We allow then to do this to us. Is the whole nation just stupid? Do even a little bit to stop this. You can use "Bing" or ANY OTHER search engine.....just go to your browser menu bar in Internet Explorer and go to "Tools.....Internet Options......General" and where it says search....go inside and replace your search engine. Want more options for good search engines? Go to the small search box (top right of browser) click the tiny "down arrow" and click on "find more search providers"..........after installed.....go back to the previous instructions above and replace as "default search engine".

We should have known that the incredible speed that a small search engine rose to the top meant that they were funded by government to sell us out. Well..........let's bring them back down to where they were before by not supporting them. despite the governments funding....WE are the ones who made them succeed!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You do know why the net has remained untouched except in places like china and russia right? Do you honestly think it's because they have CHOSEN not to lock it down?

Do you people honestly believe the government has control of the web? They don't. We have always had control and they cannot catch the good hackers. They cannot beat the good hackers. The hackers they catch are the bad ones and they dont help much in catching the good ones.

As long as the key chess pieces are not in their control. The net will remain as it is. They can talk and speculate all they want. They have secrets. A good hacker is their worst threat in this mechanical world. A good hacker could shut down whole countries power grids, destroy company files etc.

This is the flaw and the greatness of this tech era. Everything is connected now and can be accessed. Who has the keys? Who can get the keys?

Laughing man has threatened multipul people of interest, where is he? I doubt he is the strongest either. I bet there are some sleepers out there just waiting for the government/coorporate america to try and f*** with them.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Net neutrality has been challenged over and over again to no avail. I simply do not see this changing. The FCC might institue rules like you describe, someone will sue and take it to the Supreme Court, and the rules will be reversed. This is nothing new and will come to absolutly nothing.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
Well im sure theres ways around this issue such as using different dns servers or proxy servers to get to where you want on the internet, someone will find a way to crack it...

The problem is that they are not mentioning Motorola. They will mentor a central server that all connections have to be filtered through to even connect to the WWW. Proxy or not, your content will be filtered and processed and will only be viewed by the masses if Motorolla OK's it. Even Hackers can be controlled this way.......Ciphor (poster from above). The government will "outlaw" (under the terms of Homeland security) any anti-government established servers that have not been approved by HS and the servers operators will be arrested for homegrown terrori$m. By, of course, giving an avenue of media controlled terr0rism to terrori$ts here and abroad thus being tried by the U.S. for treason against the country. This is abominable....but this is what they're going to do.....you can see all of te puzzle coming together if you look at all of the new communication policies being established as we speak.
Don't believe me? I bet you haven't seen this new Rockefeller Bill on Internet communications Control yet.
"Rockefeller Internet Control Bill"
Brought to attention March 31, 2009
The Rockefeller Internet Control bill (March 31,2009)
Also here is a video of him speaking to the Senate:
Take him seriously as he is the former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman.....Jay Rockefeller.
Here is a video from Mar 23, 2009

BTW, I got this info from the search engine "BING" get rid of Google and support them NO MORE!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
this news is quite expected & completely logic for those funny clowns, You call'em tptb.

Originally posted by Stillalive
i doubt they will succeed in whatever stupid idea they have.
even if all evil companyes combine as they always do there will always be other countryes where little ISPs give no restriction internet.
i guess we should move to russia now,its the free land of hacks & cracks.

are you proud that you used to "buy games" and "torrents suck man im paying 200$ year for norton"?
well look where it all let you? imagine yourself browsing the new facebook filled with ads,getting news for new albums or new tickets for the new star the media is feeding you,and all the mindless teen sheep who dont even know whats happening,just continuing the trend,like they always do.
wearing contact lenses,but wearing glasses without frames and making myspace angles. they make me sick.

Russia isn't free Land, it's Land of crucial/cruel Battle, there are no way to've easy life; if you're feeling yourself ready for -- You're Welcome

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If it happened id would save money. no more need for net if its going to be like a shoppin net.with approved forums,and offical histtory rooms. .
Im 75% thinkin of ditchin it anyway because of the spying .im already scared to say anything. this new world . blah to it

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Me to id sackit ,it just wouldnt be interesting enough.
ATS as lost its sparkle 6 mths ago.
im hear still. where is all the thread makers gone .its all bunk now

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can someone give me all the arguments AGAINST net neutrality? I am just curious as to how it can be (supposedly) justified. Thanks in advance.

I mean other than "security" of course.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by avraell]

Russia isn't free Land, it's Land of crucial/cruel Battle, there are no way to've easy life; if you're feeling yourself ready for -- You're Welcome

The great thing about Russia is that every Russian knows that politicians are full of #, and while consumerism is somewhat rampant, people do realize that it's bull#. Another thing both Russians and blacks in the US have right (I know I sound racist, referring to mainstream rap which most "intelligent" people view as retarded) is that society is controlled by the rich and that they are just the bitch here. Whereas a normal American generally holds the law above anything else (even morality), and thinks that everyone really has a fair chance....or they don't think at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I believe that once the internet is taken from us, we have no chances left to right the wrongs that have swallowed our freedoms and liberties. You know, this isn't even that surprising, seeing what a threat the internet is to their agenda, whatever that agenda may be. This tool to thwart tyranny that we call the internet, had its days numbered from the beginning.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by avraell
Can someone give me all the arguments AGAINST net neutrality? I am just curious as to how it can be (supposedly) justified. Thanks in advance.

I mean other than "security" of course.

The great thing about Russia is that every Russian knows that politicians are full of #, and while consumerism is somewhat rampant, people do realize that it's bull#. Another thing both Russians and blacks in the US have right (I know I sound racist, referring to mainstream rap which most "intelligent" people view as retarded) is that society is controlled by the rich and that they are just the bitch here. Whereas a normal American generally holds the law above anything else (even morality), and thinks that everyone really has a fair chance....or they don't think at all.

Against = I won't be able to write or read that which I find important to me, I won't be able to read imperative government documents or insights from objective sources that aren't trying to sugar coat tyranical bills and policies from government. Meaning......the government tells you what you want to hear....not what is true. They piss on your back then tell you it's raining. Freedom loving people call them on this and dissect their bills so that the layman can understand what the government is REALLY saying thus cutting through the legalese. I feel that control of one thing en masse is just one more way to control subsequestial things en masse which history teaches us EVERY GOVERNMENT that has ever existed has tried to do....have total control over it's people at the expense of their freedom. I want to be able to say what I want....and read what I want and want all others to have tat same right. To seize control over the internet would be effectively, a digital book burning that 'WE THE PEOPLE' allowed to happen...essentially an informational equivalent to what Hitler did before the Holocaust. I know, I know, everything is equated to Hitler thus it's invalidated. Everyone had better wake up, the only reason everything is equated to Hitler is because he is the most recent example of an attempt at World Domination at the expense of everyone except his government (or himself effectively). All governments try to stifle the rights of their peopel by doing things like this, but beware of the governments who do it in a crafty manner, such as America, because they can just put a label like "PATRIOT" on anything and the people will support it with blind vigor! Like the PATRIOT ACT.....which did nothing less than shred large parts of the constitution.....and THIS is what they think of our constitution.And this was the president that was voted in twice....right? You believe me when I say that right? e was "voted" in by the people? because they care so much about you and your rights.

BUSH calling our constitution just another GD piece of paper.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

The great thing about Russia is that every Russian knows that politicians are full of #

pefectly certain remark

Russians and blacks in the US have right (I know I sound racist, referring to mainstream rap which most "intelligent" people view as retarded) is that society is controlled by the rich and that they are just the bitch here.

many a##holes & motherf@ckers go away from Russia with true-criminal lovely bucks is really nice situation for future of Russia. however, among russian immigrants, really true scientists have been

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i know russia is a bad place to live in,but still i look al those pirated games and programs,and they do have some of the best hackers,i imagine there isnt such strict control of piracy around there,unlike us when some isp's track and charge you 16000 for downloading a song illegaly.
anyway i doubt every country would agree to do that to theyr internet users. atleast sweden wont,and russia. so the rich bastards can get out of theyr "Dream"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
America is not the world. As to 3G off course data should be charged for Satellites aren't cheap to pay for.

While America twiddles its thumbs we in the rest of the world will just move along. I foresee America becoming a back water of rules and regulations that the rest of the world will just find to inconvenient to deal with.

Example use to fly via USA to Europe now always fly via Singapore and Hong Kong so much easier next to no security checks hell even the people are polite and actually listen to you. Willing to help etc.

America is given up freedom for the false belief of becoming more secure.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

any place in the World has own nice/wrong sides -- all depend upon how you can play within the defined Rules.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Against = I won't be able to write or read that which I find important to me, I won't be able to read imperative government documents or insights from objective sources that aren't trying to sugar coat tyranical bills and policies from government. Meaning......the government tells you what you want to hear....not what is true. They piss on your back then tell you it's raining. Freedom loving people call them on this and dissect their bills so that the layman can understand what the government is REALLY saying thus cutting through the legalese. I feel that control of one thing en masse is just one more way to control subsequestial things en masse which history teaches us EVERY GOVERNMENT that has ever existed has tried to do....have total control over it's people at the expense of their freedom. I want to be able to say what I want....and read what I want and want all others to have tat same right. To seize control over the internet would be effectively, a digital book burning that 'WE THE PEOPLE' allowed to happen...essentially an informational equivalent to what Hitler did before the Holocaust. I know, I know, everything is equated to Hitler thus it's invalidated. Everyone had better wake up, the only reason everything is equated to Hitler is because he is the most recent example of an attempt at World Domination at the expense of everyone except his government (or himself effectively). All governments try to stifle the rights of their peopel by doing things like this, but beware of the governments who do it in a crafty manner, such as America, because they can just put a label like "PATRIOT" on anything and the people will support it with blind vigor! Like the PATRIOT ACT.....which did nothing less than shred large parts of the constitution.....and THIS is what they think of our constitution.And this was the president that was voted in twice....right? You believe me when I say that right? e was "voted" in by the people? because they care so much about you and your rights.

BUSH calling our constitution just another GD piece of paper.

Heh - that would be the arguments FOR net neutrality, the ones that are very clear and come up with a quick google search. Not to say you googled, just that I would be completely retarded to ask. I am asking if the opposite side of the argument has any legitimate points other than "security."

Originally posted by SarK0Y

pefectly certain remark

Then again - we both know that this knowledge makes Russians evade taxes, speeding tickets, regulations, etc in every way imaginable. So it's not necessarily a good thing - intrinsically, faith in the government is good, though that's a theoretical statement since there are very few governments around deserving faith. All I am saying is that both situations have their downsides.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
it was just a matter of time...words typed on a machine, that is freely spread throughout the globe by ordinary citizens, can not be sustained.
there is power and money in secrecy, therefore the free flow of information over the internet will be shut off. it's not if, it's when.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

All I am saying is that both situations have their downsides.

Nothing is ideal in the human civilization
check it out

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can see a time when heavy content controls are pushed through...

I can also see a time when they are repealed in very short order once the 'hackers' decide to fight back.

Imagine the CEO's of Verizon et al waking up to see postings of confidential corporate information all over the place. Imagine all the Gary McKinnons out there going after the government networks and actually releasing the 'secret' information. If the Military can be hacked, pretty much anyone can.

The government may catch some of them but the damage will long since be done before they even finish with the low-hanging fruit (script kiddie types).

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just bumping the matter.
Sign the petition
Why the companies wake up - National Broadband Plan
Network neutrality
Google comment on Comcast action that think FCC is not in jurisdiction. - claims 1968 regulation regard internet as "information service" and not "telecommunication service".

Seems we going back to the 80s (depends on your data type), and the univ, mil and gov happily on 100Gb/s fiber network. Nice.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by RainCloud]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join