It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious tunnel discovered under Mexican ruins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Mysterious tunnel discovered under Mexican ruins

www.msnbc.msn.com

TEOTIHUACAN, Mexico — A long-sealed tunnel has been found under the ruins of Teotihuacan, and chambers that seem to branch off it may hold the tombs of some of the ancient city's early rulers.

Experts say a tomb discovery would be significant. because the social structure of Teotihuacan remains a mystery after nearly 100 years of archaeological exploration at the site, which is best known for the towering Pyramids of the Moon and the Sun.

Nearly 2,500 years after the city was founded — and ab
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is so interesting, because it archeology that is pretty close to our time.
I don't meant that earlier civilizations aren't more fascinating, just this this is kind of different.

Who knows what more will be found there, perhaps there are more underground tombs there.

Please watch the video in the link, it's shows alot of beautiful sumerian looking artifacts.

I wish I was There

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This is so interesting, because it archeology that is pretty close to our time.
I don't meant that earlier civilizations aren't more fascinating, just this this is kind of different.

Who knows what more will be found there, perhaps there are more underground tombs there.

Please watch the video in the link, it's shows alot of beautiful sumerian looking artifacts.

I wish I was There

www.msnbc.msn.com

I always love news such as this!

Although, did they actually say any tombs had been found there, yet? I had thought not much was known of the people/civilization that lived there before the aztecs.

Also, you gotta love the translation of the city's name to english:
"The place where men become Gods"

It's just got a nice ring to it

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Man i hope it leads into some "undiscovered" caves that have humans that are blind and react only to sound, and are carnivores.

Sorry i've just been watching "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2". They're such good horror flicks ;-P

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia, interesting thread.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Fabulous! I can't wait for them to report contents! Nearby my city there is a place to visit some ancient mounds, and view contents, ect. It is fascinating! One of the things recovered at that site was a set of male and female statues, They are about 2 ft in height, the faces look so strange on them!

I hope this find has significant documents too, we lack so much on this particular time and people.

Thanks for the vid, and thread, very interesting!

new topics

top topics

join