It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful Mullen's 'unintended consequences'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Iran and American tactics have always been like a game of chess. Information like this is rarely ever let out as tptb know that there is always someone listening. I think this was just a move to show Iran, America has a battle plan already implemented and they are just waiting for irans "move".

Again I think its just slowly adding fuel to a burning fire that started a while back. Makes Americans feel safe iran poses no threat and makes Iran think again by starting an attack on America.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

So we're actually planning a war on Iran. There is a plan of attack already in the talks within our government. So much for transparency, huh?

[edit on 8/5/2010 by bestideayet]

The militaries of ALL countries are ALWAYS doing contingency planning in case they have to attack or defend against some possible threat.

What do you think they are doing over in the Pentagon (and in every other country including iran), sitting around twiddling their thumbs?

You think iran doesn't already have plans for what they'd do to attack Israel and/or defend against an attack?

The really amazing thing would have been if the admiral had said they'd never even thought about it.

Nothing but more hype.

(We need a "yawn" emoticon)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is written as they say, There will be Wars an rumors of Wars in the end times!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

This is hardly 'breaking' news, there are contingency plans for attacking nearly every nation on Earth, including plans for Mexico and Canada.

Let's not forget that the reason Iran has been under the boot of tyrannical mullahs since 1978 is due to one fool, and one fool only: Jimmy Carter who stabbed the Shah of Iran in the back, called the Ayatollah Khomeini a 'godly man' (how'd that work out for ya Jimmah?) and Iran became a rogue supporting state that has exported terrorism ever since.

When the Shah of Iran was in power, not only did Iran have cordial relations with Israel, Iran was one of Israel's largest trading partners. Also, Iran was a force for stability in the region, was a guarantor of free passage through the Straits of Hormuz, and was a bulwark against Soviet expansionism into the Gulf. Now, with Ahmadinnerjacket, the threats to wipe out Israel might as well be included with the daily weather forecast for Tehran. What was once a friendly nation to nearly all it's neighbors, is now a criminal enterprise posing a threat to all, both near and far.

The fact is, the only thing worse than a U.S. (or Israeli) strike on Iran to eliminate their nuclear weapons ambitions, is a nuclear armed Iran, with that bunch of Islamofascist nutjobs with their fingers on a nuclear trigger. Anyone who doesn't believe they would use such a nuclear capacity to attack Israel is either terminally naive, or high on drugs.

The most unfortunate factor in all of this is that former President George W. Dum-Dum had a window of opportunity to launch a series of limited air strikes on Iran per the advice of former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton, but GWB was content with leaving 2/3rds of that infamous 'Axis of Evil' (meaning Iran and North Korea) alive and well after taking out Iraq under Saddam Hussein. He talked the talk about "not permitting Iran to have a nuclear capability", but that's all it was: talk and no action. Ditto for North Korea, GWB instigated the laughable "Six Party Talks" which have accomplished absolutely nothing except to buy time for Kim Jong Mentally Ill to improve and upgrade his rudimentary nuclear weapons capability and prepare to hand off power to one of his half-wit offspring. On the Korean peninsula as well, George W. Bozo had an opportunity to make a difference, and he failed to do so, and relegated the oppressed North Korean peasants to a continued diet of rain water and tree bark. Nice goin' George, while you stuff your piehole with Texas-style ribs. No tree bark for you eh?

As for Admiral Mullen's statement about having war plans to attack Iran, that too is an example of the old saying "that dog won't hunt", because all the plans in the world mean nothing if the political leadership of ANY nation lacks the spine to put them into action. And we can be assured that the current occupant of the Oval Office has no such spine, and no cajones' at all, as a now popular saying typifies:

"Obama squats to pee"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't see why this is unusual. It is standard practice for the US military and government to develop plans of attack for most everything. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually have plans in place for attacking Great Britain or Canada.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Contingency plans for attacking other countries. Yeah right, only in America. I truly laugh at people who delude themselves and defend their bent governments. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Unlike America, I very much doubt the Iranians have a plan for world domination. Grow up! Thankfully the Iranian people do not need wars to prop up their economy.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by m5nomad

The rest of the world already knows what America is. It's nothing more than a pimp to Israel and money talks, especially when you're as bent as the US government.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
they can even fully occupy and control Afghanistan
why ?? .. because the USA did trained very well the Talibans
they have created the taliban
to resist the soviet

and now the USA is fighting against them

about Iran .. they will not do a invasion like Irak or Afghanistan
Israel will nuke the crap out of Iran with each Iran missiles that fall
USA will fight like the IDF/IAF for this war with Iran
they will act has 1...fight has 1 ... attacking has 1
when the first nuclear bunker busters will hit the ground
they will use it on the Revolutionary guard.... civilians around them ??
casualties of war ...

this will be the most advanced war ... all the banned stuff will be used on Iran...
and than we see the WW3
when Russia, China will ally themself with Iran, NK, Syria, Lebanon
on the retaliation part... that possibly will impact many major US cities

the time between the first nuclear bunker buster bombs that it the ground in Iran and the retaliation part from Iran allies... = 2 day at most

so this future war with Lebanon and Gaza
Netanyahu "We will hit with immense force"

will be the prelude of the coming Iran war that will be the prelude of WW3
everybody need to stop underestimate/surestimate every country
Iran is not Irak

but dont underestimate this futur war that will possibly drag everybody on the front line

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

So we're actually planning a war on Iran. There is a plan of attack already in the talks within our government. So much for transparency, huh?

Not only would this be considered a start to WW3, but it basically sets off what has been written in various prediction threads. Did this guy just slip up? You decide!

The military always has plans of attack for multiple scenarios.

Between the world wars we even had plans drawn up for war with the UK.

United States color-coded war plans

If they DIDN'T have a plan of attack for Iran they would be guilty of dereliction of duty.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I totally agree with you ! And I am so sick of the powers-that-be acting like blood thirsty war beasts ! The average Iranian are just trying to get through life like the average American.

Seems like in history that any time the economy sucks there is war-they just love war and somehow they profit off of it-how effing sick !

How much longer can the U.S. do this ? they lie about percentage of people out of work. They will run out of money-nobody is making money to pay taxes and it was the middle class majority paying the most taxes-obviously or things wouldn't be sucking so bad for every state right now-They will bankrupt the whole country so they can start over-so don't be shocked when the corporation of the U.S. is gone !

Attack plans-they want to attack the whole world-prolly have plans for that too ! Their wars SUCK ! Their plan sucks-hopefully someone brilliant can stop this nonscensical shiznit !

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ozzy765]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Contingency plans for attacking other countries. Yeah right, only in America.

Right. ONLY America has plans for war. If Pakistan were to invade Iran I'm sure Iran has no plan for what to do and how to counterstrike.

And Russia certainly has no plans to invade its neighbors should it become necessary.

Nope, ONLY America looks ahead so it won't be caught unaware.

If you think Iran doesn't have plans for retaliation if there is an attack, or even preemptive attacks, you're deluded. Even if they don't retaliate or launch a preemptive strike, there is certainly a plan to do so if deemed necessary. It's what a military does with its spare time.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
About time WW3 comes. Maybe we'll actually see some physical "Change" in why we should rid our nuclear weapons, and, rid the world from creating weapons races.

We only learn when the world is bathing in nuclear radiation. Thats just about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I don't see why this is unusual. It is standard practice for the US military and government to develop plans of attack for most everything. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually have plans in place for attacking Great Britain or Canada.

Here's the 1935 plan for an invasion of Canada.

There certainly is one in place today. You can never be caught unaware.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
To ozzy765

Maybe it will end when the so called patriotic American people actually grow a real backbone and do something about their corrupt government instead of bragging to the rest of ATS about how they are armed to the teeth and no one would dare undermine their constitution.
Meanwhile the rest of ATS rolls about with laughter.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kindred...
Should I take your words for face value?
If I should.... Are you telling me, america is the only one with attack plans for another country?

Do you really believe that? If so.. you are nieve.

I bet there are a host of countries that have plans drawn up to attack america.... I hope they do.. I want to see what the most powerful military complex on earth can do, when the gloves have come off...

I am sick of political war... I want a war that will make the world take a deep breath and change their ways..

Peace will never be accomplished like this...

We need fire and brimstone.. But, I am a sick twisted individual.. War excites me...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

ROFLMFAO... coming from a person from the U.K....hahahahaha bwahahaha

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

To ozzy765

Maybe it will end when the so called patriotic American people actually grow a real backbone and do something about their corrupt government instead of bragging to the rest of ATS about how they are armed to the teeth and no one would dare undermine their constitution.
Meanwhile the rest of ATS rolls about with laughter.

True.

If there's going to be a strong militia thats going to take down and cleanse the government in the US, I'll join. But right now, working on music. Best way to get the message across.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
good thing is that while the US worries about these illegal wars, other countries actually evolves

but I doubt any war will happen, this is just leverage

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

The only person that is naive is you, especially considering America is the only country going around attacking other countries and threatening to attack other countries on a pack of lies. The hard cold truth, which people like you can't handle, is that the American government is nothing more than a prostitute and Israel is your pimp. Maybe your gov and military should get back to the rest of humanity when you can behave and act in a civilised manner. You're certainly in no position to police this world or dictate morality to any other country, when your own government's morals reside in the gutter.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Mobius1974

The only person that is naive is you, especially considering America is the only country going around attacking other countries and threatening to attack other countries on a pack of lies. The hard cold truth, which people like you can't handle, is that the American government is nothing more than a prostitute and Israel is your pimp. Maybe your gov and military should get back to the rest of humanity when you can behave and act in a civilised manner. You're certainly in no position to police this world or dictate morality to any other country, when your own government's morals reside in the gutter.

True again. We went to war with Iraq and expected to find WMD's, when we were on the wrong side of the world this whole time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join