It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Mary statue cries in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Atheists, Anti-Catholics, get your flame throwers ready for this one...

An Armenian woman in the state of California claims that the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary on her mantelpiece has shed tears and has even been seen moving its fingers.

Thousands have flocked to her home to see this miracle.

“I cannot explain what happened”
Thousands drawn to Glendale house where statue of Mary allegedly cries, sheds oil, moves fingers

Thousands of visitors have been converging on a home in the suburban Los Angeles city of Glendale to view a small statue of the Virgin Mary said to shed tears and move its fingers, the Glendale News-Press reports.

“For the past two weeks, Glendale residents and visitors from Boston, New Jersey and elsewhere have come to Anahid Sallakian's single-family home to pray to a Virgin Mary statuette that's elicited tears and prayers,” the News-Press reported on Aug. 2. “It's been covered in oil.”

The statue sits on a fireplace mantle, with crucifixes and bouquets of flowers “left by worshipers from across the U.S.,” the newspaper reported. Some visitors have reported seeing the statue move its fingers or weep.

The alleged incidents started at 10:30 p.m. on July 19 “when Sallakian was praying in her living room,” the News-Press reported. “She said she saw a star on the Mary statue, and when she touched it, her hand was covered in oil.”

Since then, after news of the purported apparition spread, the house, located in a largely Armenian neighborhood, has been inundated with thousands of visitors, the newspaper said.

"For 15 days, I couldn't do anything in my house," Sallakian told the News-Press. "I couldn't cook or anything. I cannot explain what happened."

Read more: California Catholic Daily

Comments on the Catholic website are mostly negative, believing the story will lead mostly to Catholic bashing and accusations of superstition in the Church but the site defends posting the story on the grounds that "The story is an accurate presentation of an unusual happening. ".

Glendale News Press

[edit on 8/5/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This seems to happen about every five minutes in California!
And why Catholics only?
I don't believe it, plain and simple.
Most Catholics probably don't believe it either.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Another tear-shedding statue?

Is she on meds? Or eaten some mouldy rye bread ('___')?

Yeah right, a statue moving its fingers...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I won't slam anyone for their beliefs.
If people are willing to believe that these sort of things are happening that is fine by me.

Let's just say they are happening.

Don't you think it is time for the Virgin to stop crying and start getting her hands dirty?
I mean this "weeping" business has been going on for a long time now.

I get it honey, you're sad.
And if you can make a statue cry to prove a point then I need more than that.

Yeah the world is a pretty crappy place Mary, but how about instead of crying about it and getting your followers all worked up to stay in the bizarre and wealthy Catholic arena, you start being part of the solution?

Animate one of your statues, go to the Vatican and kick out those charlatans.

Whatever you do, please, no more crying and oil slick, cracker, toast, or omelet appearances.

It's useless.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Kernel had a thought. Maybe she was a supporter of Proposition 8?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Well that explains it.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
She said she couldn`t cook or anything

my guess is she ran out of cooking oil after using it all on the statue.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There are a lot of unexplained phenomenon. Maybe the statue is crying. Maybe it's Mary crying because Mexicans are such sinners, or Californians, or Armenians, or whoever. Hey, it's possible.

It could also be Satan trying to scare people, or Outer-Space Aliens sending a message to Illegal Aliens.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It could be allergies.
Can we try a Blessed antihystamine?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Someone go give the woman a video camera!

Until then... yawn.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on this once, ..

It's not a hard thing to do, all you need is a hollow statue, drill or cut a small hole through, paint it over, then use an exacto knife to create the smallest slit possible, ...

fill with liquid, .... viola.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Well...
She has been appearing daily in Medjugorje, Bosnia for the past 29 years, delivering messages to 6 visionaries, 5 of which were teenagers when the apparitions began, and 1 was a ten year old boy.
They began June 29, 1981. The Vatican (who never investigates active apparitions) finally decided to launch their first ever active commission on the apparitions, simply because of the longevity.
The Blessed Virgin apparently isn't leaving anytime soon, so after 29 years, they are finally going to investigate, after millions of pilgrams have journeyed there, and Pope John Paul II received visionaries in private audiences and encouraged pilgrims to go there.

I thought a conspiracy site like this would certainly have stuff about Medjugorje on it. There are ten secrets that will be revealed before the end of the visionaries lives that are chastisements from God. This is serious stuff, much more so than most of the "prophecies" on here...

Anyway, so I guess there have been more than tears and oil on statues.

Read the link, it is very interesting.

Take Care and God Bless~

www.medjugorje.org...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Dont believe it

Ill tell you what happened ...

Del boy trotter nicked the lead off the roof....

are they by any chance doing any fundraising????

check out the proof just watch only fools and horses for an explanation

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that Catholics do not pray to statues, or worship Our Lady. We believe That God alone deserves our worship and adoration. With Our Lady, we love her, we have devotion to her, we ask her to intercede for us because we reach Christ through her. And the same with all the saints.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The full name of LA is "Our Lady of the Angels, and with everything that goes on in that city, I would cry too.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

I do suppose that is a possibility Kernel.... Assuming that there is any truth to this story....

But, perhaps.... Just perhaps, she was crying tears of joy because that disgusting and unconstitutional law was defeated?

Either that, or she is crying because people would rather pay more attention to the latest celeb, has slept with, than actually trying to make the world a better place?

Hell, no matter what you believe, you must find that a frustrating thing....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know whats strange,I was on Google Earth last week just travelling around and i ended up on a street in ,wait for it GLENDALE L.A. Was i somehow drawn to this mystical area for reasons yet to be known or bizarre coincidence.Weird!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
once an Ice cream cone fell and was made into the shape of Mary. 10,000's came and worshiped it , er, her as she melted in the sun......

She has also been seen on Pizza, as shadows on walls, and tons of stuff.

I think around the world she has been seen quite a bit.

oh Pancakes too www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.csicop.org... Virgin Mary seen all over!

now the statue with tears though that is interesting. Wonder what it means....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
The full name of LA is "Our Lady of the Angels, and with everything that goes on in that city, I would cry too.

Okay, here we go with the judgment of others. Yes, there is a lot that "goes on" in this city, but I would stop at saying "everything". There are many very kind, loving people including Christians, non-Christians, Catholics, non-Catholics, and everything in between, in the box, outta the box (you get the drift) that do very, very much to help others, etc etc etc.

Peace

Edit to add the people in and around the box

[edit on 5-8-2010 by lel1111]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I believe in this. there were recent apparitions of Mary in Cairo. 20 000 people witnessed these, and the last time it happened a muslim man was healed from a lifetime of blindness. i saw a youtube video of his testimony translated from arabic and im sure he is telling the truth. he looked overjoyed. are people so unbelieving and sceptical of everything these days that they don;t believe great souls can help others by intercession? check out Padre Pio. So many miracles have happened because of him, incuding his body being found in perfectly preserved condition after four years of being buried. there are A LOT of photos and witnesses of that. Ask Spirit if this is true if you're not sure if to believe it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join