It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have heard many attack Glenn Beck. But..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

OK, once again, "Specifics" Otherwise you are just assuming. Please, if you plan on giving a Anti-Beck reply. Leave a specific quote, and source, Otherwise you not to be taken as credible, immediately.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Glen Beck is an actor and a very rich man. He saw an opportunity and took it, somewhere around the time he left CNN and went to FoxNews. When was that? Late October 2008?

Glenn Beck Inc.

With a deadpan, Beck insists that he is not political: "I could give a flying crap about the political process." Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. "We're an entertainment company," Beck says. He has managed to monetize virtually everything that comes out of his mouth. He gets $13 million a year from print (books plus the ten-issue-a-year magazine Fusion). Radio brings in $10 million. Digital (including a newsletter, the ad-supported Glennbeck.com and merchandise) pulls in $4 million. Speaking and events are good for $3 million and television for $2 million. Over several days in mid-March Beck allowed a reporter to follow him through his multimedia incarnations, with one exception, his 5 p.m. daily show on Fox News, which attracts just under 3 million viewers. (FORBES has a relationship with that channel via Forbes on Fox.)

We report...you decide.

Me? I figure it this way. He went in the directions that got him more attention and hence more money. Pretty simple deduction.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Here's my problem is that..

He put up a bunch of words on a chalk board and just started circling letters to prove a conspiracy of sorts.

How is that remotely credible as evidence?

Oh and there is the fact that he is a comedian, is on a profiting MSM network, has a primetime slot and has to entertain his viewers somehow.

It's like a Sylvia Browne.. She figures out what is popular and runs off of it, because it will make her money.

And to be fair, I don't trust large media networks, and that means any.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
For you to ask for an intelligent conversation regarding Glenn Beck is somewhat of a oxymoron, but I'll do my best.

IMO, the reason that people dislike the man is primarily due to the fact that he, like Alex Jones, sells nothing but fear. Every day its something else that we should be afraid of and seldom if ever does he even get the facts right, about whatever it is that he is trying to make us fearful of.

More often than not, I can't even decide just exactly what his message of the day is supposed to be because he just throws words together to fill a time slot, whether they make sense or not.

Sarah Palin is also notorious for doing the same thing, that's why she doesn't make any sense either. They just spit out a salad bowl full of words that don't make any sense and that will leave any sensible person scratching their head in wonderment.

Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones are nothing more than fodder for fear junkies and they're getting rich selling that fear, What a shame.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Didn't think so. The only true reply on fact that pi$$ed people of was that he attacked progressivism. Otherwise every other post was a character attack, not based on the substance of his words.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The only thing i like about him is his greeting "Hello you sick, twisted freak" other than that well how long do you have to go into the details? all remarks will be of my own, now for the topic, but he is just wrong, not only for his views but his thoughts, self centered self proclaiming self boasting, at least rush stays with his words this guy is the king of flip flop, one day fore, next day against.

One thing he has said that got to me was"I love my new found faith, i joined the Mormon church" I about fell out of bed trying to turn off the radio, if there was ever for a reason not to here him that was one he is just wrong wrong wrong, i was a member so i know what is what and if he is true to him self, he will, with in the next 2 years be saying "i was a fool you should have stopped me what was i thinking" well beck your just you, Flip Flop... well?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The truth is scary. Sorry, it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

If anything those who subscribe to Ron Paul, Should be listening every day to Glenn Beck.

I cringe when Glenn Beck calls himself a Libertarian. During the 2008 Republican Primaries, I never heard him utter a word about Ron Paul. I heard quite a bit about Mitt Romney though. I remember him pleading and begging Mike Huckabee to drop out of the race before it was to late for his little mormon friend to get the bid. Glenn Beck is no Libertarian, he is a mouth piece of the MSM and although I do listen to his radio show every now and then, I can swear to you it's only for the comedy factor.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

if you can come up with a logical reason why I should give more of my freedoms to the discresion of the government, I'm all ears.

Because greed has gotten us where we are
Because fairness and equality are best for everyone
Not everyone can pull their bootstraps up to make everything okay
Because we have been given a chance to do it ourselves and as a population have not been able to do it on our own at this point.

Have you ever researched any benefits of progressiveness? Like the civil rights movement, or protection of National Parks, regulation of monopolies and corporate business.
Progressiveness partly arose due to modernization and the increasing logistics associated with it.

I am not saying we need total progressiveness, but you and Beck seem to imply it has no use or purpose at all and that...is illogical.
There is no "either or" here, all is necessary and part of the mix.

Edit To Add: like lee anoma says, just Google Beck Lies...plenty

[edit on 5-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Why are you not responding to anyone with specific examples?

How about when he showed the Israeli boat raid video stating how courageous he was showing it,and that it couldnt be seen anywhere else.. When actually quite a few networks had shown it before him, Including "liberal media" networks.

link   

No one could possible be farther from the truth than Glenn Beck. And no the truth is not scary, the truth will set you free, remember?

link   
reply to post by bekod

Once again, detailing the method, vs. the basis of his words, or the words themselves. What do you truly disagree with that he has "said" regarding politics or public affairs?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

But.. I have not read one post that actually adressed his message, versus the method. I would for once like to have an intelligent conversation regarding this. Responses that will not be considered for reply.

1. He's just crazy

2. He's simply out for the right wing.

3. He has no idea what he's talking about.

If you leave it at this you are uncredible.

I want, just one debate, against Glenn Beck's actual words. Just one.

You can't just say he's crazy, racist, right wing. You actually have to intillectually debate, something he's actually said.

I expect this post to remain vacant, because I seriously doubt any of the bashers can come up with specifics.

Though I will repost and repost until somebody answers.

Come on, Serious intellectual debate on anything he has stated publicly, ever?

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a "Way to support the conservative media, website."
When all I'm looking for is specifics.

Although this is comedy and so is Glen Beck, to see the pure irrationality of what Glen Beck says watch this. It should be enough.

It is funny and also shows his theories to be a bit crazy. I mean he says that because of universal healthcare , the war BUSH started, the terrible economy (caused by Wall St. fraud and bad regulation) and the NEED for government programs that Obama is a Nazi because he wants to fix it and is far left.

True Obama is not transparent and just as bad as Bush on his cabinet choices but their is nothing that is supporting what Beck says. He is scared about losing wealth.

The true fact is that we need to have wealth redistributed to have a healthy economy. Reagan's economic plans are faulty. When the rich get money , they may spend a bit more to hire people, but always at the lowest possible wages to make and maximize profits.

And it is proof that money doesn't "trickle down" when 95% of the wealth is in 1% of the people's hands. It is not going anywhere and they do not want to give it up regardless of how bad the situation in for the whole 95% of us who do not own anything.

We in America , have a social system that is starting to look like the 14th thru 17th centuries.

The Master and his/her castle basking in the excesses of debauch and greed and the countless hovels and peasants left with nothing , groveling to wolves.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Yet you do not state specifics. Why? Too lazy? Just just plain "spinning it"? Why?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Beck takes a bit of philosophical disagreement and blows it soo out of proportion that it is no longer a recognizable rendition of reality...

Sort of like...if you shoot a gun down into the earth, that makes a small mark on the earth...but if you "beckify" it, it becomes the wholesale attempted murder of mother earth

Beck makes his living starting off using goodwins law (which means everything to him is nazi's...insurance regulation to him = Auschwitz. It cheapens the meaning and its 100% fear mongering to attain ratings for his show. People are literally freaking out expecting a red army to be marching down their street by the end of almost any one of his broadcasts...then he suckers you in to buy his sponsors gold (after all, once the reds come and nuke us back into the stone age, we will be trading in gold).

Its a scam...but dont tell a beckhead that...they rabidly and sometimes violently protect his magic words from the nazi's (aka, anyone whom has a opposing viewpoint)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But.. I have not read one post that actually adressed his message, versus the method. I would for once like to have an intelligent conversation regarding this. Responses that will not be considered for reply.

Do a search.

Plenty of members have articulately expressed their opinions regarding their distaste for the Glenn Beck show.

Personally I don't like the fact that he is willing to lie and distort the truth to manipulate and engage the frustrations of his audience then hide under the umbrella of "I'm not a journalist".

Take for example his appearance on "The View" where he claims to not be a journalist or proper investigator. At least he was honest about that.

When he gets caught willfully distorting his encounter with Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters to his listeners, making it appear as if they came across as selfish powerful liberal celebrities that took over the Am-Trak train cars the three were riding in and snarled at him as if he were some lower life-form about being on their show, he backtracks then admits he simply exaggerated for the purposes of entertainment.

All to make him look like some out of place/everyman/underdog in the celebrity arena when that is far from the truth.

He's willing to do these sorts of things yet people take what he says as the gospel truth. He's just a political shock-jock. He's no better than a snake-oil salesman and just as conniving as the politicians he tries to lambaste.

I'd take him about as serious as I'd take Howard Stern.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Wow. Do you still hate Bush so much, that you are willing to give your current administration a free ride? Apparently so. Neither one cared about, or currently cares about you. Why should you care about them?
Do you research history? Because you're bound to repeat it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sure. Sometimes the truth is scary and sometimes lies are too. In many cases, what Beck tells is not truth.,..it's opinion or speculation, sometimes laced with facts and sometimes not, tailored to his particular spiel and audience. And therein lies a large part of the problem some have with Beck...people not being able to discern the difference.

Here's his latest pearl of wisdom...calling Americans terrorists and then telling his audience to lock arms as Americans with these terrorists

mediamatters.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Seriously? Whoopie is the best you have? Have you been keeping up with Lohan, to make sure she's safe?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Onced again, specifics would be handy. Have any?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join