It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Selling Author Reveals the Truth About Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
well i died once 9as in no heart beet no pulse no breath blue as a smurf so i was told.
anyway No bright lights no dead relatives saying go back. ( maybe they are all in Hades lol wouldn't surprise me)
Just like being in a dreamless sleep except i was asleep for ooo 3 days and it took 9 days till my brain started working again
out of the 9 days 6 being awake ( i gess) i rember maybe 4 hours of time.
nope death is just dead just like befor you are consived you dont rember that as well .
personal i am relived as I would rather enter a never ending sleep then a heaven with streets of gold were a blade of grass is whats worth millions.
you want to live in death forever have at it but after the first billion years or so you may be tired of signing praises to the guy who is forcing you to live .
people real problem is almost NO one thinks of just what FOREVER means.
people its not a 100 years nore a 1000 years nore a million years nore a billion years . You accutly wish to excist a billion years? older then the dinos?
forget the beer there is none forget the sex its against the rules forget eating no need . forget being cold hot the sun shine rain snow forget the children (or maybe they stay 5 forever as well?
and people say i am nuts lololol you accutly want this?

You're thinking in linear time, not boundless time. Eternally doesn't mean a quantifiable amount, just as the 'now' doesn't.
Being with God would be an endless now but not bound by physical/mental deterioration.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks Gutterpus for sharing your experiences.

I do believe that should a NDE be a negative one or even something to reveals nothing, that they are "given" for the purpose of correcting, or even maintaining one's path in life. Having either a positive or negative experience is likely to make you question your life and your moral choices. Perhaps it's not given at all, but is deliberately projected onto yourself by your soul depending on whatever you deem your self to be deserving of. Put simply, you could be judging yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I do think there is life after 'death', but I don't think anyone really knows all the rules of how that works. If we truly determine our own existence in the next life (or the in between lives as some believe), then there is no reason why one couldn't experience anything they wished. I honestly don't see there being an ultimate judgement on anyone other than that maybe we finally, honestly see our lives and behavior for what it was and we create our own outcomes. Maybe that's why forgiveness and love of ourselves and others is such a major part of some religions and beliefs. Maybe it comes down to the basic fact that if I die truly believing I deserved hell, I'll get it. Or if there is no afterlife, I'll experience non-existence. My only question is whether or not that is permanent (I don't believe it is personally. I think we remember what we are and take ourselves out of any negative experiences). Ultimately, that may be what free will is; to be 100% in control of our own existence.

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" - Matthew 18:18 - I think this is the quote I was thinking of...

MBF

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sounds like he is trying to hype people up to buy his book. Line two.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe there just needs to be a better distinction between what is 'breaking news' and what should be in current events...

And I do not mean to take away from the OP at all, I find this very interesting.

Just for me, I come to this section looking for breaking news..."Russia just launched a missile at someone" would be breaking..or "congress just voted to..."

More specifically I appreciate this sites ability to find important news from obscure sites that might not be found on MSM yet. Its nice to follow a story and a few days later see it on MSM and I can fill my coworker/friends in on the whole story lol.

I realize it can be quite subjective tho and probably very difficult to moderate.

But maybe just some prudence by the poster in, is this really something 'Breaking'..or is it better placed in another category like other current events..ect.. just my .02, thanks =)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by MrSmith

Actually, the OP did exactly what the rules of ATS state.

for a Breaking News Submission, copy the title EXACTLY the way it is written in the source.

Well, in situations like this where the original news story uses a dishonest title we should be able to slightly modify the title to fit reality. After all, we all know the motto of A.T.S don't we so why don't we apply it?

I came into this thread to find out what one man's version of the truth is as the thread title promised and there's absolutely nothing here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am curious but I doubt ... what will he say? I doubt he presents enough evidences to make all thinkers out there to just bow to his research

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Regardless if this is a “newsworthy” item or not, and I apologize if it isn’t to some of you, the subject matter is nonetheless very intriguing. Dr. Moody’s research is very original and involves something I’d never heard of, a psychomanteum

(sometimes spelled as psychomantium, and often called "mirror gazing") is a mirrored room, specially set up to communicate with the spiritual realm.[1] Reflective objects or surfaces, such as blood or water, were considered a conduit to the spiritual world in ancient times..
en.wikipedia.org...

Dr. Moody bases his research on the oracle of the dead – found in Greece.
atlasobscura.com...

I find his research extremely important and am looking forward to what he has to tell us. Hopefully, there will be enough info on the web that we can all share this information. If some of us have a desire to purchase a book, then why not?

From one of his websites:

Dr. Moody discovered that for over a 1000 years, the Greeks had an institution in their culture which virtually allowed a grieving individual "five more minutes" with their departed loved ones. Their method allowed one to communicate with the deceased by use of what research has shown to be the Psychomanteum, an underground most interesting facility.

Sites, by the Greeks, were discovered in modern times through descriptions in the writings of Homer. These healing facilitates allowed pilgrims to heal the scars of grief through direct contact with those who were in spirit. With the measured focus of a scientist, Dr. Moody replicated a psychomanteum in his home/office facility in an old gristmill in Alabama. In addition, he set up a detailed selection criteria for his participants to test this device /procedure.
www.psychomanteum.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
*sigh*... Not another one of these charlatans.

There seems to have been a lot of study into Near Death Experiences, much of it purporting to prove that there is life after death. The whole notion is ridiculous.

I have a big problem with the whole idea that NDEs have anything to do with life after death, or glimpses of the Other Side. Why? Because people who have had NDEs have, by definition, NOT DIED. If you have had a NDE, that means you are still alive at the end of it. You have not died. Perhaps you have been near death, but this is a true dichotomy. Either your are alive, or you are dead. If you come back to life, you have never been dead.

Just because someone is clinically dead, that doesn't mean they're actually dead. Dead means forever. If your body does not start to decay, and the cells in your brain maintain enough of their living order to sustain a return of consciousness, obviously you've been in a state of suspended animation or the like, but not dead.

The truth is, anyone who has gone into death has never come back. That's pretty much the definition of death. There is no admissible evidence indicating either the existence or the non-existence of an afterlife of any kind. I don't know, you don't know, and nobody else knows either, and nobody ever will. Face the facts.

/rant

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

no offense...and with all due respect...but i saw dr. moody speak in ft. myers flo. a while back and el-sucko!! i could not believe he could put any coherent thoughts down on paper, as he did because i read a couple of his publications and was impressed. this boring and boarderlining on the ABSURD lecture i whent to was a distinct insult to his and my intelligence. not to mention a big disappointing and waste of time...if anyone feels the same way, your not alone!! hicory dickory dock the cat whent up the clock, yes a quote from dr. moody at the lecture i attended...his meds oviously had not kicked in i thought...c u on the other side doc...or not!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The whole problem i have with this eternal soul/spirit getup..is how is it decided & by whom,to which unsuspecting males lollybag does your spirit morph into & take up residance passing yourself off as a load of his...er...load waiting to be shot out to crack your next egg to therefore carry on your journey???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join