It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Selling Author Reveals the Truth About Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Best Selling Author Reveals the Truth About Death

pr-canada.net

"One of the biggest stumbling blocks toward a rational proof of an afterlife has now been solved. I have done it," says Dr. Moody.

Already, Dr. Moody has been asked to take his discovery around the world, throwing out a challenge to any logical thinkers or skeptics to crack the code he has spent over 47 years developing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lifeafterlife.com
www.prnewswire.com

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I’m sure some of you are very aware of who Dr. Raymond Moody is, but I only very recently discovered him and then further researched the web. Evidently, he is a pioneer on NDE. He received his Ph.D. in philosophy by the age of 24 in 1960’s and currently resides in Georgia, USA.

He has apparently studied participation by individuals in a psychomanteum, which was initially begun by Greeks over two thousand years ago. This research involves the paranormal and altered states of consciousness.

So now, it appears Dr. Moody has delved into something of which very soon he will be revealing its results. Personally, I’ll be very interested in hearing what he has to say. There are a few YouTube videos in which he discusses his history and how he became involved and what resulted from his research. He is no doubt a very provocative individual.

I personally have experienced a NDE. The love of my life, “the W” was with me at the time and was totally freaked out, pulled me out of the car on a wet cold night and started screaming and slapping me, said I stopped breathing. I eventually came to, and I told the W I had seen something wonderful, but all I can remember of it now was a vast room (like an enormous cave high on a mountain) looking out into the night sky littered with millions of twinkling lights (which I assume to be stars) and with literally thousands of toddlers sitting around giggling and laughing. They were beautiful. Someone was standing beside me as I just gazed over the group. It was quite fun. However, that’s my only memory of it and I’m thankful for that one.

So what do you think about his upcoming “reveal” in October. I’ll be curious to see what he has to say.

BTW: I didn’t see anything current on Dr. Moody, but if someone has posted this info already, I apologize.

peace

pr-canada.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is intersting, I was reading up on experiments relating to the afterlife and NDE´s. This could be really facinating, I wonder what he has found out. A great fringe science to be involved woth at present.

I will look up some of his work, thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He perhaps will be quite surprised once the time has come...

Sometimes logic supersedes wishful thinking so perhaps his theories come close to the truth..

Reality is that one creates it's own reality. Only when you are aware of that fact you could try to alter it. So the majority will be judging themselves and end where their truthful mind is leading them.

Heaven and hell do exist if desired but many other options lay before them that are passing on to whatever they are fabricating...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thats amazing, both what he is doing, and your NDE. I had one too a few years ago, but after I was revived and actually had time to think about it recovering in the hospital, I was very disturbed because I didn't see anything. No lights, no tunnels, no loved ones, nothing.. Since then death has freaked me out worse than normal. I can't wait to check out his findings when they are released.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm kinda let down, ...

The title said " author reveals truth about death"

not, .. " author sets a date to reveal truth about death.

Not that I need any confirmation, I've had OBE's for years, but it will be interesting to see what he says.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I'm kinda let down, ...

Not that I need any confirmation, I've had OBE's for years, but it will be interesting to see what he says.

Its very typical for this site.

People put anything they can to attract others to their post.

Its completely misleading and most know it, yet, ATS allows it to happen day in and day out.

Yet, they will ban you for not putting up two lines of words.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of "man sets date to reveal the body of bigfoot in his freezer".

Don't get me wrong, I find Near Death Studies to be unequivocally the most interesting topic I've ever come across, and I've literally been swallowed hole by the subject. However, it seems at this point to be a great ploy to supercharge book sales... The way this was announced is quite "gimmicky".

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I agree.

I hope something comes of this. But, Ive been around here long enough to know the routine.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I'm kinda let down, ...

Its very typical for this site.

People put anything they can to attract others to their post.

Its completely misleading and most know it, yet, ATS allows it to happen day in and day out.

Yet, they will ban you for not putting up two lines of words.

Errrrm..... actually the rules state that in 'Breaking News' you have to copy the source title exactly and the PR-CANADA link does have this exact headline so it's not the OP intentionall trying to attract attention or be misleading.

Back to the topic.....

I'm actually really interested to see what Dr Moody has to say. I read his book many years ago (20 maybe?) and found the whole topic really interesting. I believe it was his book where I read about experiments such as putting a shoe on a high cupboard in an operating theatre so any NDE person would definitely see it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If he doesn't cover that the pineal gland releases massive amounts, perhaps the most amount during death then he really doesn't have much to say. Under the influence of sleep/dmt time is not measured or perceived "normally". So for all the stories of tunnels or great fire and screams it's all because of a chemical.

Think about this... What if when you die, you are in the dream state so deep that you "live" forever in that state since time means nothing under the influence of dmt/sleep. Almost like the concept of limbo in the film "The Inception".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86
If he doesn't cover that the pineal gland releases massive amounts, perhaps the most amount during death then he really doesn't have much to say. Under the influence of sleep/dmt time is not measured or perceived "normally". So for all the stories of tunnels or great fire and screams it's all because of a chemical.

Think about this... What if when you die, you are in the dream state so deep that you "live" forever in that state since time means nothing under the influence of dmt/sleep. Almost like the concept of limbo in the film "The Inception".

What if this state is limbo?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

I have nothing to do with the title of the article. When required to put "article headline" in, you do what is required.

peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well i died once 9as in no heart beet no pulse no breath blue as a smurf so i was told.
anyway No bright lights no dead relatives saying go back. ( maybe they are all in Hades lol wouldn't surprise me)
Just like being in a dreamless sleep except i was asleep for ooo 3 days and it took 9 days till my brain started working again
out of the 9 days 6 being awake ( i gess) i rember maybe 4 hours of time.
nope death is just dead just like befor you are consived you dont rember that as well .
personal i am relived as I would rather enter a never ending sleep then a heaven with streets of gold were a blade of grass is whats worth millions.
you want to live in death forever have at it but after the first billion years or so you may be tired of signing praises to the guy who is forcing you to live .
people real problem is almost NO one thinks of just what FOREVER means.
people its not a 100 years nore a 1000 years nore a million years nore a billion years . You accutly wish to excist a billion years? older then the dinos?
forget the beer there is none forget the sex its against the rules forget eating no need . forget being cold hot the sun shine rain snow forget the children (or maybe they stay 5 forever as well?
and people say i am nuts lololol you accutly want this?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ammilam

Sorry to hear you had an an unfortunate experience that caused you to have a NDE and one that didn't provide you with information, sights, sounds, etc. Perhaps you are not to know what actually occurred, but nonetheless something did. Maybe on a soul level it gave you what you needed to excel, grow, expand, and on the concious level you were not shown for whatever reason. It's such an interesting an open ending topic, of which no one really has the answers, IMO.

peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Actually, the OP did exactly what the rules of ATS state.

for a Breaking News Submission, copy the title EXACTLY the way it is written in the source.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

At what age did you “die?” And like I said to Ammilam, I’m very sorry to hear you experienced such an accident to cause such event, but perhaps you weren’t shown anything of the afterlife (for lack of a better word) that you “personally” were supposed to remember, but on a soul level it was beneficial.

And who knows how to judge what forever is, if there is no time. We currently exist on a linear time – we have a past, present and focus on a future, all built upon a calendar and our existing history that we’ve been told of.

But, if, through love and bliss, you can have anything you wish and can be anywhere you want at any time, why wouldn’t “forever” be awesome? What if you could conjure up the most exquisite home and paradise you would want to live in, meet and greet family and friends you’ve known through eons of time, go to amazing and beautiful concerts and while participating in that, see spectacular colors glide in the skies to the sounds of the music you hear, flowers that never die, birds and plants and animals all loving and simply existing beside you, with crystal clear, sky blue, cool water running in streams and waterfalls? Would this not be heaven? Would forever be that bad?

Maybe I'm wishful in my hopes of the hereafter, but this is how I see it. Plus a few other sights and sounds and feelings I could think of, not to mention being of service in one form or another, once I know my real soul, there's no telling what I'm capable of - as are you.

peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've had 4 people close friends/family members have NDEs who have talked to me about their experiences.
2 of the 4 were very distraught that they experienced/saw nothing - was just like a dreamless sleep. They both took this very badly - now fearing death.
The 3rd experienced/saw nothing and could've cared less.
The 4th person swears what they saw was absolutely horrible beyond words and wouldn't say what happened as it was so horrible. Yet, they do not fear death. They do, however, fear whatever they saw.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Interesting. I will have to keep an eye on this Dr Moody guy. Im sure someone will post his work on ATS when its available.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

Certainly it has to be unbelievably frightening to have a vision of horror into what you believe may be the future once you depart this earth, but perhaps it was a lesson they were supposed to experience in order to grow on a soul level. Perhaps the visions they experienced were from past karmic deeds. Of course, I'm only guessing, but I can't imagine the horror they experienced and I'm saddened for them.

I honestly believe we all will experience and have experienced may lifetimes and will continue to do so until our soul has completed its journey, in its own time, to become once again united with the creator.

IMO, no soul truly dies, it only experiences dark and light, and light will eventually prevail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join