It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for sharing your views on this thread. What you say makes sense and I completely agree with everything you say. On the retrospect you will also notice how many people in this thread tried to send personal attacks ranging from completely made up unrelated issue like username and hilarious stuff like spelling error while completely avoiding the evidence and subject at hand. Couple of people even claimed all the evidence is made up and lie but have provided zero proof so far. This has only enforced the point of deflecting blame and attacking the messenger.

I think though you are also correct, perhaps I shouldn't have called out conservatives outright but you have to admit seeing this outright suppression of news, opinions in deceitful concerted manner with corroborating evidence at hand would anger anyone.

I found it humorous though how some users automatically proclaimed this thread was made by a liberal. Actually, this thread was made by a person who has not voted for anyone in last 9 years and has no interest in voting for anyone in future, neither liberal, conservative or any independent candidate. Anyway, whatever floats the boats of such users, atleast on the topic I'm glad such groups are being caught and uprooted who try to silence others.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarsails

We no longer need these leeches (politicians).

We actually should discard the whole concept of Politics. As long as there is politics there will be politicians. I'll simplify what Politics actually means.

Poli in latin means many , Tics means blood sucking creatures. Thus politics is a system which enables many blood sucking creatures.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Please note I am neither a liberal nor a conservative. I DO VOTE (even though in my opinion the system is tainted).

Just because there are goofs screwing around with Digg doesn't mean that they are suppressing the news. Digg is not a news site. Get your news from the news sites where it can't be suppressed. (Not that articles on many news sites are really news or are not polluted with bias and other agenda).

And painting all conservatives or liberals good or bad in one stroke is more of a "go team go" mentality. Its not quite accurate.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Solarsails]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Digg always has had more liberals on it that conservatives. If you have used the site and see the tone and pattern of the comments, it's obvious.

That group of conservatives really was fighting a losing battle. It'd be like a group of atheists going outside of a church to try to persuade people to go home instead of inside.

What's crazy is that they even bothered to try to censor it. Even if you censored a post, you might not get the comments and conservative comments will eventually get dugg down no matter how many "gamed" first votes it got.

Now when I say conservative comments, I mean if a submission is related to abortion and there's a comment like "Killing babies leads you to hell!" I guarantee that comment will be seriously buried and a secular reply will get voted up because it makes more sense to Digg users.

I'm glad for it. I like Digg's atmosphere very much the way it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Jeez they are a bunch of j%rks taking advantage of a loophole on a website. They just need to find a way to close that loophole. Now for the real matter at hand again:

How can all of you keep supporting this ridiculous left right paradigm!? How many of you can honestly say that you don't understand that at the very top is a group of corporatist/fascist, ie people with only the interests of a select group of "elite" political and corporate entities!?

Yet you people continue to squabble over the scraps they throw you! Wake up! Liberal or conservative don't you both want America to succeed and be a happy/good place to live? They use this left/right thing to make sure we never have the strength to enact REAL CHANGE!

Again, WAKE THE F&%K UP PEOPLE!

Edit for S&G.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Redwookieaz]

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Redwookieaz]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join