It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its very creepy these days what mass groups can accomplish on the internet ...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Dugg and commented:

I've been saying it for years.
But, lets be clear - these are NOT my brand of conservatives. I'm a Ron Paul Conservative and these people are anathema to me.
Honestly I'd rather not divide this issue into a pointless left v right argument and just agree, as human beings, that this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

I find this story very noteworthy and not for the emotional aspects of partisan politics so many are bound to entwine into their perspective on it.

But rather because it displays that a very small group of like minded individuals can contrive and act to actually effect an entirely different outcome than the vast majority would have envisioned and expected their own actions to add up too.

In other words conspiracies are very real and happen all the time.

The second very interesting aspect is it displays that there is real political power to be had in controlling the news by limiting the news sources made available to people.

While democrats whine about republicans and republicans whine about democrats those are the truly important aspects of this story that I think democrat and republican voters alike should learn something from.

[edit on 5/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hasn't Digg been accused of "cliques" and favoritism for years?
I had never heard it related to politics, but I just thought it was a given there that if you weren't one of the "chosen" you might as well not bother.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
News is no longer about "what happened."

Instead, it's more like "what we think you should believe happened."

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Six of one and a half dozen of the other i expect.
If its possible to manipulate the web site so handily then the Dems are doing it too i expect.
These political machinations never stop with just one side trying to make their reality stick.
The value of these sites has just dropped forty points on my ticker tape however.....Its something i always suspected but couldnt ever hope to get the proof myself...being barely computer savvy.
It doesnt even surprise or shock me....just another suspicion confirmed.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
Can some conservatives explain what's going on or is it just too embarrassing?

Since I am an Independent voter, maybe I should ask you, "Why does it really matter?" You do realize it is illegal to ask about party affiliation, and it is also illegal to perform an act of voter intimidation? Right?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Even though I disagree with both Democrats and Republicans, I still respect and honor everyone's opinions on a wide variety of subjects. I am more of an independently thinking individual who takes the side of 'myself'. If a Democrat's philosophies match my own, I will vote for the Democrat of my choosing. If a Republican's philosophy matches my own, I will take the side of a Republican of my choosing. I brotherly love them all. Why? Because they are all US Citizens, and party affiliation is not really important to me. Bill Clinton was a hoot. Ronald Reagan was the man.

I may not like President Obama's policies, but that does not mean I wouldn't give him a chance. Since we currently have a run-away government, I think it is only healthy to slow things down to gain a better perspective. So, I will vote Republican this time around.

I love you all guys and gals (Democrats and Republicans). Don't change.

Well, just don't destroy each other, or I will live in a lonely-lonely world.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
digg.com...

I just dugg it...why not do the same and see what happens...

Temporarily, we're not accepting new Digg accounts The New Digg is Coming.

Well MS, I tried.

Btw, this doesn't surprise me at all, these "groups" are all over the web, doing whatever they can to be "good patriots" censoring political/touchy subjects from...not foreigners, but you guessed it, their fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is not the first time I have heard about censorship though I hoped more for Digg and also Reddit, where I saw a photoshopped picture of a tv set showing what was the Important News, like celebrity gossip or politicians voting on making it National Potato Day or some other drivel, while being enveloped in thick Oil along with birds and fish and turtles...something like that. My girlfriend saw it, it had a LOT of hits, told me about it, I saw it, then it was gone moments later despite having been number 2 on the hits list. I contacted a moderator and asked about this and never received a reply. The ability to fake individuals en mass also works in voting, of course. Think Diebold and electronic voting. Open net? Free Press? Didn't Reagan loosen the controls on who could own what in regards to tv, radio, newspapers, allowing monopolies with big bias to be formed? The Death of a Thousand Cuts, our liberties and rights being taken away bit by bit. Throw the bums out!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I have to agree, there is a COMPLETE conspiracy over at DIGG.

Ever hear about what TRANSPIRED on Treasury Dept selection of TIMOTHY THE CROOK GEITHNER?

Let me see, the top 10 questions to be asked WERE REMOVED because of WHY?

Why dont you tell me THAT OP?

Oh, this is not about that?

KMA!

Hey, why dont you frelling tell us how STIMULUS FUNDS are being used to PAY people to POST on the internet!

No, maybe because THAT is where most of the FRELLING FUNDS are going for the STIMULUS and the SUPPOSED war against terrorism!

Post some more of YOUR crap!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all. I'm pretty sure that most large-scale corporate websites are owned by the same companies that own the media... or at least people with the same mindsets.

These sites start off independent, then they get bought out by the rich uncle pennybanks who own the media and most of the economy.

"Digg" as an example, was actually revealed to me by David Wilcock a couple months ago... in this case removing a UFO-related story. Check it out:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50b67f02b411.gif[/atsimg]

divinecosmos.com...

Seems to me like the same kind of media-controlling agenda that has been around for the last 60 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
While this is disturbing, it is sadly not surprising. One of my favorite quotes is, "Democracy is 51% of people taking away the rights of the other 49%."

In my opinion it was inevitable that once democratically inspired (probably with the best of intentions) tools were integrated into the net through sites like Digg, political action groups (on both "sides") would begin concerted efforts to dictate the visibility of information they viewed as advantageous or damaging to their political interests.

I'm about as liberal a person as you will ever meet in all likelihood (I'm on the "fringe," the "extreme left" as some call it, to the extent that I don't even support the Democrats or Libertarians because they aren't liberal enough for me lol. No existing party represents me,) and even I will be the first to say that liberal political action groups do the same thing. I wish I could find an article I read not too long ago which documented just that. It was well documented and had a lot of supporting evidence.

Both "sides" do this, and it is indeed sad and disturbing, because I believe information/knowledge is our greatest resource and that it should be visible to all, for each of us to examine with an open and rigorous mind for ourselves, to reach our own conclusions or ambiguities. But it is, as I said, not surprising.

Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
OH NOZ!!!! Left vs. Right, Progressives vs. Conservatives, it's ALL the same, they are two different wings of the same vulture. This just seems like more left/right paradigm propaganda. Every time I see this kind of news, it just makes me roll my eyes. This is just a distraction. Thank you OP for bringing this up, this is good to see another part of the propaganda machine starting to unravel.

Look at what's going on right now in D.C., before it was the so-called "conservatives" who were the war-mongers. Now it's the so-called "progressives" who are calling for war with Iran and continuing the wars in the middle east. It's all marketing for their tyranny. That's it!!! It's all politics.

When it comes to Freedom, I will not compromise. You have to have total control over your OWN life, NOT others' lives. The only time, I see, you interfere with another life is when you are trying to save them from danger or when you are protecting yourself from danger. I'm not talking being ignorant with making bad decisions, like what kind of clothes to wear. I'm talking life threatening situations. That's the only time I feel it is necessary. But that's just my opinion, we're all free to have one. I will not force it upon anyone else.

I just find this left/right junk silly, I've been called a "progressive/liberal/democrat" because I support Gays. I've also been called a "conservative/rebub" because I support Gun rights. I support freedom. That's all.

All these articles you linked to just seems as if they are fueling the left/right paradigm. I'm just sick of it. But again, I thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

More to note here:

This group is the heart of a complicated web on various networks, including Twitter, Propeller, StumbleUpon, YOUTUBE, and Facebook, all dedicated to ramming an extreme right wing viewpoint down the throats of those communities and censoring opposing viewpoints. This includes such means as cyber stalking, bullying, and terror, as exposed on YOUTUBE yesterday (something not one of the DP group condemned).

I added the all caps in the above quote to highlight a glaring problem with this report. If this supposed censorship group has been influencing youtube, how was it exposed on the same site?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm NOT buying this, "I AM LEGION," because the Liberal Progressives own and operate all the Mainstream Media. They have countless outlets to air the Liberal Progressive Left Wing viewpoint and agenda.

ATS is full of OO's (Obama Operatives), trolls who attack anyone who doesn't agree with their politics.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

I respectfully disagree the article proves underhanded methods being employed by conservative group to censor and hide news critical of them. If you have proof of democrats group of doing the same please do present it.

You can't be serious.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm failing to see an issue here.

First of all, it doesn't matter whether this campaign is done by ''conservatives'', ''liberals'', ''communists'' or ''fascists'' - that's pretty irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The issue is that an ideological movement can successfully, to some extent, manipulate what articles appear on Digg. So what ?
This is just a social media website we're talking about, it's hardly anything important.

I personally believe similar things are done on ATS - albeit less organised - in terms of starring and flagging content purely along partisan political/ideological lines.

I also find it amusing that people on ATS are often praising the internet, due to the potential power it has for a movement to get its message across to people all across the world.
Yet, on this occasion, people seem to disagree with it being used in this manner, purely because they disagree with the ideology that was being promoted in this instance. Which is pretty hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

no coservatives are use to being emabarresed...they just do not care!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
For a bunch of supposedly moral people the conservatives are using underhanded tactics to push their agenda.

Makes you wonder if they've infiltrated this website also.

....hmm, does it also make you wonder if the "other" supposedly moral people could be posing to push their agenda?

Still waiting for the video/pics/audio proof of the "racist" stuff against the congressman in DC.........waiting.......

There is corruption on both sides. Period.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by glad_to_be_His]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join