It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What did you guys think about the game? I found it kind of boring. Favre looked bad in the second half had 7 in completes in a row. I didn't think not having Sidney Rice in the game would have hurt them as bad as it did. Main points I noticed in the game:
- Drew Brees is an awesome QB but you have to run the ball more, and when they did in the second it was affective
- Percy Harvin can't give up on his route when its man on man, him and Favre need to get on the same page.
- Give Adrian Peterson the rock more, guys unreal.
- Saints DB's looked solid in coverage and tackling
- I have the Saints kicker in another league and he is getting dropped this week haha.

Now I am excited for Sunday, can't wait to get my first win and watch the Cowboys lay a beating on the Redskins! Hope everyone enjoys their Opening kickoff weekend, pizza and beer! lets do this.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

It was a very disappointing game. Favre was not in sync with the offense because he came to the team in August. Adrian Peterson was lighting it up, though. That man was impressive.

I got ripped off a few times in that game. I have Favre in one of my other leagues, and I have Percy Harvin in this league and one other league. Harvin wont be starting in that other league until he and Favre start doing something; he will still be my return guy in ATS. That long pass to him would have been a touchdown too. I was soooo mad.

Also, that Meachem endzone thing... I don't even want to talk about it.

I am very excited about Sunday! Bring on more football! Eagles are going to bring down the Packers, but I expect it to be a very close game. Also, I am disgusted by McNabb. I don't feel betrayed, I just think he looks terrible in maroon, yellow, and white. He looked better in green, black, and white to be honest. I guess that is the equivalent of seeing Favre in purple, yellow, and white if you are a Packer fan.

I will not enjoy the Cowboy Redskin game at all. Not at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have Favre in my other league but I decided to bench him in favor of Carson Palmer against the porous Patriots defense. So far I feel pretty good about that decision. Not having Rice is going to be huge against Favre. Anybody who drafted Shiancoe should be very pleased because it appears he is poised to catch a ton of passes this year and be their number one red zone target. I was surprised Greg Camarillo didn't play more. Since joining the team a few weeks ago he had immediately become Favre's favorite target (not named Shiancoe).

Sorry Bushido, but the Eagles are going to get crushed on Sunday. The Packers are one of the best 3 teams in the league; the Eagles are....not even close. I just don't see any way Philly can score enough to win this one. Kolb has looked awful thus far [sarcasm]really glad I bought into all the hype and drafted him as my starting QB[/sarcasm]. Green Bay with a spread of -3 looks to me like one of the best gambling plays of the week.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Boognish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here we go, guys
the bulk of week 1 is about to begin! The first game was disappointing, but I expect today to make up for it. I am not looking forward to the Sunday night game, but I'll get over.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

They always manage to screw up at least one of the primetime games. In Week 1's case, they screwed them all up except the Vikings and Saints. Yes it was a boring game but the matchup was a good one to schedule.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Redskins and Cowboys is a good matchup. A damn good rivalry with one of the most hated quarterbacks in Dallas, Don McNabb. So, it'll be a fun one to watch.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Peyton and Forte got me a combined 67 points in my other league
And I started the Texans D on that team and it turned out for the best.

Lucky me

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Manning and Nicks were huge for me in my other league...I should win that matchup handily...

Currently I am one point behind Rising Against with the Niner Game just starting and Mathews slated for Monday...it's going to be close but I think I may eek out the win here despite his vastly superior QB position...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Bench Kolb.
Start Vick.
Hang Buckley.

Disappointing.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Bushido Kanji because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I got absolutely "raped" and Ive still got 3 players to play

Why did I have to go first against Boognish? Arian Foster got 233 yards and 3 touchdowns....

And the bad luck begins :

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hey my team only scored 129 points. Is that good? I am new to teh fantazys futbols.

Seriously though, I didn't mean to hurt you.

If it makes you feel any better, I did pretty poorly in the Pickem contest this week.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

it's going to be close but I think I may eek out the win here despite his vastly superior QB position...

Somehow...I disagree.

Right now, I'm a point ahead and I have more players to play. I think the season opener is definitely mine my friend.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oh, and in my season opener I had 2 players, who played pretty well, who I'm looking to trade if anyone's interested?

Jay Cutler: Scored 20 points

David Garrard: Scored 19 points

I'm still looking for a WR to trade for one of these guys but I'll take an average guy if I have to.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Wow, the Cowboys lose on the final play of the game....because of a holding penalty...

It was totally a penalty, but man was that heart breaking. All in all fun weekend of football, excited for the Monday night games.

One win down, lots more to come!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I am the second highest scorer in my other league...with two players yet to play.

Both Leagues, I have Ryan Mathews.

I am one of those guys who thinks he is going to be a monster. Can't wait to find out...one point bothers me not...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boognish
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hey my team only scored 129 points. Is that good? I am new to teh fantazys futbols.

Seriously though, I didn't mean to hurt you.

If it makes you feel any better, I did pretty poorly in the Pickem contest this week.

Its a phenomenal score....pretty much unbeatable. Anything over 100 is good.

The guys that I played with already know that I seem to have extraordinarily bad luck in the first 6 weeks. So, I cant say that anyone is surprised

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm 1 - 0 for the season so far.

...Looking for a 2 - 0 start!!

edit on 14-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I flippin' tied.

This does not please me.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If anyone wants to trade, I am willing. The only ones that are off limits are Matt Shaub, Dallas Clark, Eagles D, and Chris Johnson (of course).

Anything else is fair game if the right deal is made.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I am mildly interested in Carson Palmer. I sent you an offer for him.....Fred Taylor for Palmer. There are a few other players I could offer as well.

Oh and...

1) Why is Michael Spurlock currently in your starting lineup?

2) Who is Michael Spurlock?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join