It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm setting the draft date and time for Thursday, August 26th at 10pm GMT.

Here are the converted times for the time zones that I have seen posted here:

AWST: 5AM (Friday, August 27th)
GMT: 10PM (Thursday, August 26th)
AST: 6PM (Thursday, August 26th)
CST: 4PM (Thursday, August 26th)
PST: 2PM (Thursday, August 26th)

If this does not work for you, please speak up and offer an alternative time and/or date.

This covers 8 of our 10 players. I have not heard from jwstarry or Bunch yet, so I do not know what works best for them. But for the people who have posted, this is pretty much the most fair date and time for the draft.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You may have to email Starry, he has yet to read my u2u directing him to this thread

Lovely...have to get up at 5am, lol....I should get to pick first because Im in the future

[edit on 12/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Lovely...have to get up at 5am, lol....I should get to pick first because Im in the future

Yeah sorry about that. I tried to get it as close to a normal time for you as possible while still staying within other people's time frames. Oh well, not like it's a daily thing. lol

As for picking first, it's completely random.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Yeah sorry about that. I tried to get it as close to a normal time for you as possible while still staying within other people's time frames. Oh well, not like it's a daily thing. lol

As for picking first, it's completely random.

It isnt too bad...i do get up at around that time when im on day shift. Only this time I get to go back to bed, lol

I know its random, Im making a joke

Picking last. last year...and wasting that pick on Steve Slaton set me up for an absolute shocker, however, when it came to the finals, I didnt lose a game

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I feel your pain, I drafted Slaton too...what a horrible pick, ugh. I also drafted Darren McFadden....my RB's did not pan out last year.

That time works perfect for me! I am excited to get my draft on!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes

I feel your pain, I drafted Slaton too...what a horrible pick, ugh. I also drafted Darren McFadden....my RB's did not pan out last year.

That time works perfect for me! I am excited to get my draft on!!

Lol, want to take a guess at who was my first pick the year before?

Hint- It was a QB

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm in on this guys.

I'll try to keep up with what is going on here...but if you could...drop me a u2u when the league is established and the draft date set so I can sign up. (If there is still room available)

[edit on 14-8-2010 by nyk537]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

We're actually full right now. If other people would like to go to a 12 team league I can set it up that way. We would need one more person in addition to you though. Are there any other members you know of that would like to play?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I feel bad for Romo on that botched snap. He really tried to run for his life and make a hero out of a mistake. Even though I hate the Cowboys more than any team in the league, I can feel for him on that one.

Eagles winning the Super Bowl in Arlington? Now that would be a sight.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by nyk537

We're actually full right now. If other people would like to go to a 12 team league I can set it up that way. We would need one more person in addition to you though. Are there any other members you know of that would like to play?

MemoryShock was interested

I will try to hit him up on facebook to see if he wants to have go and will get back to you

Update: MemoryShock wants in, will u2u his email to you Novus

[edit on 15/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I feel bad for Romo on that botched snap. He really tried to run for his life and make a hero out of a mistake. Even though I hate the Cowboys more than any team in the league, I can feel for him on that one.

Eagles winning the Super Bowl in Arlington? Now that would be a sight.

If the kicker would have just made a block, this wouldn't even be a factor. My heart sank on that play. Least Romo finally won a playoff game. Superbowl is ours this year

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The league has been changed to a 12 team league. The playoff format will remain the same. MemoryShock was sent an invitation and nyk537 will fill the last spot. The draft date and time will remain August 26th at 10PM GMT.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Wow, you guys are clinging on to hope arent you, lol

They have about as much chance as Detroit

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Ouch! To compare the Cowboys to Detroit. Just do us a favor and give your head a shake haha.

What team do you cheer for?

Side question: Anyone catch HBO: Hard Knocks with the New York Jets? I loved it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes

Ouch! To compare the Cowboys to Detroit. Just do us a favor and give your head a shake haha.

What team do you cheer for?

Side question: Anyone catch HBO: Hard Knocks with the New York Jets? I loved it.

Remember the team that tackled Romo in that pathetic attempt at a game winning score?

Thats the team

And yes, Seattle are no good at the moment....but at east I will admit it.

Oh, and Im an Aussie so this is kind of my second favorite code of football so Im not a passionate Seattle fan

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Me at a Seahawks game (im wearing the Bucs Jersey). Believe me, Seahawks fans are crazy. I am Canadian so I just wanted to get a reaction from some Americans
, it was all good fun though!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by anthbes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well I am back and I am here to claim second place again

going for the three pete

oh and i am available anytime for draft

[edit on 16-8-2010 by jwstarry]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All invitations have been accepted. All spots have been filled. Our 12 team league is set to go. The draft date and time remains August 26th at 10PM GMT. If you are unsure of what this translates to in your time zone, you can use this website: www.timezoneconverter.com...

Thankfully all players have now posted either on ATS or on the league page and are accounted for, so everyone should be aware of the draft date and time.

We have just 9 days until the draft. See you guys then!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Hmmm, thats weird.....its says 6am for me. I thought it was 5am.

Might get up at 5am just in case

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I think that is because of Daylight Savings Time. It is currently Daylight Savings Time in London, which is the basis I'm using for GMT. That time conversion website is not factoring in Daylight Savings Time.

Use this website: www.timeanddate.com...

I believe I remember you saying you are in Perth, so if that's the case, GMT is 7 hours behind you. That would put the draft at 5am your time. If you aren't in Perth and I'm just remembering incorrectly, just find your city and subtract your time from London's, then add that to 10PM GMT to find out the draft time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join