It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks posts huge encrypted file to Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

WikiLeaks posts huge encrypted file to Web

LONDON — Online whistle-blower WikiLeaks has posted a huge encrypted file named "Insurance" to its website, sparking speculation that those behind the organization may be prepared to release more classified information if authorities interfere with them. Bloggers have noted that it's 20 times larger than the batch of 77,000 secret U.S. military documents about Afghanistan that WikiLeaks dumped onto the Web last month. Contributors to tech sites such as CNet have speculated that the file could be a way of threatening to disclose more

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like Assange is prepared to defend himself against any attempts to silence him or intimidate him.

Calling the file "Insurance" definitely makes it seem like a threat of a retaliation if Wikileaks is attacked.

The file is over a GB
-- this just makes me itch to see what is in it...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You may be interested in this thread...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Doh! I don't have the best luck with how I search on ATS....

Please close/remove....thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No link yet, but the US Government are calling for Wikileaks to hand over 15,000 documents not yet released relating to Afghanistan. Are these the docs on the "Insurance" file?

Heard on BBC World Service.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be exactly what it says, Insurance. Incase Wikileaks gets attacked or affiliates go missing or get murdered, or commit suicide.

Perhaps it will just decrypt itself and display to all some damaging stuff. Perhaps Wikileaks has info so damaging to individuals, but keep it locked away as bargaining chips. They may have even had contact and came to an agreement that Wikileaks is trying to do something else, and not take that perticular individual down.

top topics

join