It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Networks Ignore Missouri Voters' Rejection of ObamaCare, Instead Celebrate Obama's Birthday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Networks Ignore Missouri Voters' Rejection of ObamaCare, Instead Celebrate Obama's Birthday
By: Brent Baker, for the Media Research Center
August 05, 2010 08:48 ET

In the first voter referendum on ObamaCare, Missourians on Tuesday overwhelmingly (by 71 to 29 percent) backed Proposition C which called upon the state to enact a statute to “deny the government authority to penalize citizens for refusing to purchase private health insurance,” an outcome the St. Louis Post-Dispatch described as “rebuking President Barack Obama's administration.” On Wednesday night, however, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts skipped the bad news for President Obama – yet all found time to celebrate his 49th birthday.

(The Missouri repudiation of a central tenet of ObamaCare came a day after another setback for ObamaCare which the newscasts also ignored: A federal district judge in Richmond rejected the Obama administration’s quest to block Virginia’s lawsuit challenging Congress’ jurisdiction to mandate individuals buy health insurance.)

Doesn't sound too surprising to me (hence, I didn't try to get this into the Breaking News Topic). It seems to be extrordinarily ordinary for the left-wingnut MSM to be so far out of touch with reality, doesn't it?...Just like the Obama the Ursurper. Gee, that title has a catchy tone to it...I wonder if it'll show up in the history books of the future?

[Diane]...Sawyer related: “He says we've watched him go gray, and the photographs since the campaign do show a little speckle in that hair.”

No foolin'?
That's the main reason why I never wanted to run for President. Anybody who actually wants a job that'll age him 10 years in a fraction of that time simply must be crazy...And should be automatically disqualified for reasons of insanity.
Me & Barry are pretty close to the same age (He's 49 & I'll be turning 49 just a little later this month!) & I've already got enough gray hair as it is now.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a cake, though. I'm going to have to talk to the Secret Service about that.

RICHARD TRUMKA, AFL-CIO: You got to talk to those guys because they nixed the cake.

OBAMA: They're probably eating it right now.

TRUMKA: They are.

Just like the feckless, expendable servants/slaves of old, they probably had to check for poison in the cake...

But still, it's a shame that We the People have to learn from elsewhere what's really going on...These leftist MSM "snooze on the news" networks are losing ratings, bigtime.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Seems no one is left on "Obama the Ursurper's" corner. Is wife/kids are in another country, Most of us reject the Heath-care bill. AND he didn't receive a birthday cake!!

We are all finally getting over this Media-popular president.

"Just like the feckless, expendable servants/slaves of old, they probably had to check for poison in the cake...
"
I was thinking the same thing!

join