It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott all companies that require credit checks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Look, I understand criminal background checks. I understand checking personal and business refferences. Though running a credit report on your employees, is so evasive, it is rediculous. How about a full medical background including STV's? How about asking for their children's most recent report cards? Wouldn't these also be good indicators of responsibility?

This is simple to fix:

1. When you are in a store, ask the manager/ assistant manager, if they require credit checks for employment. If they say no, thank them, and continue shopping. If they say yes, explain how you were prepared to spend money with them, and now no longer can because of this factor. Get the corporation's home office number and tell them the same.

2. Discuss this issue with your friends, family, and everybody who will listen. Point out the specific stores you have found to do this, and encourage them do the same.

We not only have to hold on with both hands to every liberty we have. We need to find a way to fix the economy and create jobs. Credit checks are not helping, they are hurting.

See the following for refference:

How bad credit can cost you a job - MSN Money

Employment Background Checks: A Jobseeker's Guide | Privacy Rights ...

Are Employers Performing More Credit Checks on Job Applicants ...

Should Employers Check Your Credit Before They Hire You?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Hey man, I think those last lines are supposed to be links and I'd really like to see them...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That link should help.

join