It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron accused by Labour of Iran nuclear 'gaffe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just thought I would drop one in for your attention, someone might find it of interest:

Labour has accused David Cameron of committing a gaffe by mistakenly claiming Iran has a nuclear weapon. Asked why he was backing Turkey to join the EU he said it could help solve the world's problems, "like the Middle East peace process, like the fact that Iran has got a nuclear weapon".

Source

It's a heck of a 'gaffe' to make given the current tensions in that area, or did he just let slip something else? And now everyones running around trying to cover it up?

I believe I put this in the right section, as this could have serious political, perhaps even global, repercussions if Iran, or its allies / supporters get the wrong idea.

[edit on 5/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
History is repeating itself!!

A new war may cement Camerons new post and take the focus off the financial cutbacks that he is imposing on the UK.

This to me shows what he is REALLY thinking about this situation and where we might be headed.

The UK is nothing but a puppet for the US.

I get quite dis-heartened with the political leaders as they are so full of bull,power hungry and greedy

Give them all the money and the oil but please stop killing innocent people!!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Irish Matador]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I heard this too, quite a big gaffe considering the seriousness of the subject. HIs comments about Pakistan, although true, were not exactly diplomatic.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think there is another agenda when it comes to Pakistan. They suspect they are harbouring the Taliban, and Pakistan is expected to fall in line with our plans. Call them out, pi*s them off and see what happens. I really don't know what to think here, especially as Pakistan are facing crisis with the floods, awfully bad timing.

As for the Iran story, maybe there is a plan to convince the world Iran has the bomb, and Cameroon, after rehearsing his role, accidently slipped it into normal conversation, easily done, especially if your trying to convince yourself a story is true before you tell the world, it might have been labours idea, and thats why they are suddenly jumping all over it to pass the blame, maybe it was just a gaffe, dangerous though.

[edit on 5/8/10 by woogleuk]

top topics

join