It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 10 gets Glimpse of an Extra-Terrestrial Monolith in Space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
It brings up an interesting idea though. If the best place to hide something is in plain sight, then why not make a movie about it and then anyone attempting to come forward with secret information will be seen as a nut-job who saw the movie one too many times.

Darth Vader is after me! I swear!

I fear Dark Helmet even more!

*covers groin*

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
*covers groin*

Stop touching yourself in public! This is a family forum for god's sake.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sorry, let me clarify my view on this...

1. I believe our government is in posession of items not of this earth. It may not have occured as the above story, but it is feasible.
2. I can provide no solid proof, but this alone does not rule it out.
3. Tony actually let me borrow it once and the XM reception is great.

I wasn't trying to bust ba**s, this story does sound of science fiction, but there is surely some truth in there.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There is surely no merit in this post. Surely you could have at least come up with something more original than a monolith? Come on...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
I'm waiting for the cherry on top, "the force" is real

You mean this force?

Or just zero-point energy in general?

The fiirst link is from the physics dept. at Denver U. The second is from the California Institute for Physics and Astrophysics. A Google search on "Zero-point force" will generate over 100,000 results.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
still a good read even if 99.98% of it cant be proven with words

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
its official. Every sci-fi movie has been delared true or factual on these boards or the movie was put out to "prepare us"

I'm waiting for the cherry on top, "the force" is real

So, barney is real then to? omg, attack of the purple dinosaurs>,

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know there is a sure fire way to disprove this entire story. Anyone know a good mathematician? Got a bored maths professor with too much time on his hands? Throw that equation in the article at him/her and get them to test it's proofs...I bet it will all come up bunk......

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It seems as though someone has watched Stanley Kubricks's "2001: A Space Odyssey" a few times too many. I recall the entire movie focused on astronauts finding a monolith on the moon and then used that to track the other one near Jupiter, and after that part, I was completely lost, still a great film. This story sounds all too familiar to be believable and the fact that there is no "real" proof makes even more difficult to believe it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
wasnt 2001 written by Arthur C Clarke?
hes a genious
that show he used to have on Discovery Channel was awesome too
Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious Universe *or something like that*
i used to watch it everytime it came on
i wish we still had shows like that airing on television these days

thumbs up for Arthur C Clarke and his work

good thread too; monoliths are always fun to think about
just ask ol' Clarke

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes Arthur C Clarke wrote 2001, he lives in Sri Lanka and survived the Tsunami. I have always wondered if the team of US Blue Angles that crashed in the dessert was actually a cover up for a clandestine deep space unit to another Planet. That crash just always truck me as odd, they all supposedly stayed in formation and followed each other into the ground.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well the nice thing, is there are other topics on this subject if you put it in google search. I'll try to see what the other websites have to say about it.

gl2

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Boylan's source, Dr. Michael Wolf, said the monolith wasn't a flat, tabloid like object, but was poylhedral--more diamond shaped. He also suggested that Arthur C. Clarke was in the know, through a community of associates, about the so-called monolith. Whether or not it was captured and placed in Abaco (another report said the Hughes corp. built the Abaco site, which was supposedly later run by RCA--a Mellon family corp... Mellons were closely involved in Hughes doings), I can't say.

I do know that if there were such a device it would be powered by electrogravity. See Tom Bearden's writings about electrogravity. Electrogravity is marginally faster than light, and, depending on how it is focused and integrated, it can accelerate toward infinity--and is the basis for alien disk "flight." The problem is that electrogravity speeds the flow of time in one part of space-time to slow it in the electrogravity "focus," as Bob Lazar writes also. Speed time and it causes a gradiant, which can be navigated to do faster-than-light translocations, of course.

But if you speed the flow of time on your gene structure, you can age it prematurely, mutate it and shorten the telomeres, of course. So, if a "monolith" was captured, to stand next to it would be suicidal. If it were, indeed, used to do communications and more over an entire planet, the energy would be dangerous to stand near. Bearden calls the speeding of time delta (symbol) t, and re-writes Einstein to read E=delta t c2. That's Energy = the change of time times the speed of light squared. In other words, mass is interchangable with delta t. That also implies that electrogravity isn't entirely "free." Instead, it ever so slightly shortens the life of this universe cycle and could more noticably shorten the life of our sun, if used unecologically. That appears to be the main alien theme, to date.

Finally, aliens won't be communicating with radar and light waves. Instead, they go off-spectrum with electrogravity, which can be bent back into light waves. As Bearden says, destructive interference of light waves in three dimensions (when light waves converge from opposite directions along three different axes and cancel out) bleeds into electrogravity, AND CONVERSELY, destructive interference of electrogravity bleeds back into light waves. Light and electrogravity are reciprocals of each other, interchangeable--if you maneuver them correctly. All you have to do is vary the potential to effect either. So, faster than light communications are easy with electrogravity, but it can be "decoded" to be read by destructively interfering the electrogravity in order to capture the message on a simple computer. That's why aliens aren't beaming us their re-runs of old TV series (just a joke). Instead, they are saturating our airspace with electrogravity signal.

See the January 2000 Scientific American article on electrogravity (also known as "negative energy") called "Negative Energy, Wormholes and Warp Drive" by two PhDs, one of whom studied under Einstein's co-author of electromagnetic field theory, the other of whom studied under John Archibald Wheeler, Richard Feynman's famous co-author. Negative energy is actually produced by converging lasers and is the basis for dark states, Bose Einstein condensates, the "freezing" (delta t) of light to a standstill, and more.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by gl2]

[edit on 6-2-2005 by gl2]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
U.S.
Government's old gravity-control formula:

phi(x) = + &phi(x), where
is the vacuum expectation value, and m2^^2 represents
the particle's density of the ground state in the non-realtivistic
limit. The action of this field in the presence of gravity is...intrinsic
gravitational cosmological constant Lambda/ 8piG receives a contribution
(1/2) m2^^2

Can any who know physics really well tell me if this really makes any sense?

[edit on 6-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I remember reading an interesting story in a book about UFOs about 15 years ago, that might be connected to this "monolith" story.
Apparently Russians knew of one "satelite body" that orbited the earth in an opposite way to human made satelites. They called it "the little prince".

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The bit about the underwater base in the Bahamas reminds me of the Bond movie Thunderball. OMG that was the one with SPECTRE!..

The NWO is behind this!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gl2

But if you speed the flow of time on your gene structure, you can age it prematurely, mutate it and shorten the telomeres, of course. So, if a "monolith" was captured, to stand next to it would be suicidal. If it were, indeed, used to do communications and more over an entire planet, the energy would be dangerous to stand near. Bearden calls the speeding of time delta (symbol) t, and re-writes Einstein to read E=delta t c2. That's Energy = the change of time times the speed of light squared. In other words, mass is interchangable with delta t. That also implies that electrogravity isn't entirely "free." Instead, it ever so slightly shortens the life of this universe cycle and could more noticably shorten the life of our sun, if used unecologically. That appears to be the main alien theme, to date.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting, but this is just rubbish. How can you "speed the flow of time on your gene structure"?

I see no evidence to suggest that the original post is true. However if it was it would certainly be pure speculation to suggest that the "monolith" had anything to do with "electrogravity", or that standing near it would cause you to age prematurely.

[edit on 7/2/05 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well I must say I enjoyed this Re-post. Thanks to ATS.com for giving us "newbies" a look see. As far as the content perhaps fiction followed science fact. In any event I find this much more believable then Nibira or Lizard people wanting to shape-shift their way into our sociaty.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
You know there is a sure fire way to disprove this entire story. Anyone know a good mathematician? Got a bored maths professor with too much time on his hands? Throw that equation in the article at him/her and get them to test it's proofs...I bet it will all come up bunk......

I'm your huckleberry.

Fit the criteria, and I'd be the first to take your bet.

You see, there isn't nearly enough information to prove/disprove anything, at least in terms of the "equations" provided. Not to mention the notation, as it appears in the article, is horrible.

What you need is a physicist. The pure math is rather inconclusive.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i also forgot, didn't carl sagan die of cancer? Wasn't he an open debunker? I'm not saying these tie into the story or make it credible, but it does seem more interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join