It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Files: Winston Churchill 'feared panic' over Second World War RAF incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Winston Churchill was accused of ordering a cover-up of a Second World War encounter between a UFO and a RAF bomber because he feared public "panic" and loss of faith in religion, newly released secret files disclose.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If this isn't a shining example that the government cannot be trusted to release information of importance to the public, I don't know what is. Supposedly he classified the incident to protect belief in religion. Hopefully one day the real truth can come out...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The information comes from a third-party source over 50 years after the fact. It is very dubious.

This is about the fourth or fifth time this has been posted in the forums in the past 24 hours.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
An immediate search of the Alternative and UFO forums returned nothing specific. Google search returned no recent threads either.

All data is going to come from a 3rd party source, unless you are claiming you can know and trust everyone in the world. I am citing a trusted online source, whether it turns out in the end to be true or not is up in the air, however they are staking their reputation on the story.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This should be huge news. I have stared and flagged but will also check out the other threads as this was the first I have seen of this. Where are those pictures ? that is the 64 million dollar question. Huge news I tell ya Huge news, if true of course

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Winston Churchill's 50-year UFO coverup order is on websites of BBC and FOX news also. I guess CNN will get to it in another week or two -

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Topic already being discussed in this thread.

Thread closed.

top topics

join