It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in front of sun? Or something more mundane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
August 2nd --->

August 3rd --->

I normally hate seeing Youtube videos of UFOs here on AboveTopSecret, but this shows something pretty big in front of the sun. I have no idea if this is another celestial body in front of the sun or maybe even a UFO. I would love to hear what everyone on ATS thinks this may be. This is definately very interesting. What do you all think?

* ETA - The videographer does have some pretty wild suggestions, Nibiru, but i would really love to stay away from that explanation for now. Could this be some kind of sunspot?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Yes, it's a sunspot: From spaceweather.com

SUNSPOT SUNRISE: Sunspot 1092, a key player in yesterday's Earth-directed eruptions, is big enough to see without the aid of a solar telescope. Oleg Toumilovitch "spotted" it on July 31st rising over Blairgowrie, South Africa:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
(REDACTED FOR BETTER INFORMATION IN ABOVE POST)

[edit on 5-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

That was my first thought also, but i also thought it might be a geo stationary sat. We're bound to see a flourish of Nibiru fans, but considering Nibiru is supposed to be 4x the mass of jupiter (apparently), its highly unlikely it could be that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The lack of education in the internet just blows my mind.

I have seen some pretty stupid things on the internet like people mistaking Venus for planet X, I refuse to believe that these people are adults.

Do people actually think this is a UFO?

- Not directed at anyone particular

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

To be fair to Ziggy, he/she is not saying it's a UFO, just asking what it actually is.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

hey buddy, I have no idea what is. Im not well versed in anything related to the sun. I did not call this a UFO, Nibiru, or anything out of the norm. I even suggested it being a sunspot in my OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It does look to me like it is falling at the same rate as the sun goin down i guess that makes it a sunspot??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Bingo ... that's exactly what I was thinking as soon as I saw the videos, but you beat me to it! Good job

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I didnt think sunspots were so visible from earth. Learned something new today thanks.

2nd

[edit on 8/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit
It does look to me like it is falling at the same rate as the sun goin down i guess that makes it a sunspot??

Not really. Even though this has already been identified as sunspot 1092 (see the post above by jennybee35), even if it WAS a planet, it would appear to move along wit the Sun.

Because the Sun's apparent motion is caused by the spinning of the Earth, a planet for the short term (i.e., for the observable few minutes of a sunset) would also seem to be moving with the Sun.

top topics

join