It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War starts at 11PM GMT on Sunday

page: 1

join
share:
dom

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
From sources inside the news industry...

"You heard it here first but at 4am on Monday 17th March - US bombers with UK air support will launch the first strike on Iraq. (Editors were briefed at Downing Street this morning) "

and from another media person...

"Just incase anyone is interested war will start at 11.00 p.m. GMT on Sunday night. Mass missile attack on the c-in-c facilities in Iraq followed by mobile push in the south of country and Kurdish uprising in the North.

Reborn in the USA will not be effected but RISE will be taken of the air and put to sleep. "

So two independent reports (although they were on the same board) saying that war starts on Sunday... I hope they're wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you are right MP's have two days for the promised debate.I'm surprised that the media would be told.
Whats your source is it verifiable?

dom

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
www.popbitch.com...

Although actually, it's not entirely unlikely that this is bull#. However, there are two independent people reporting this, one of them states 4am, one of them states 11pm, which just happens to be the difference in timezones.

Could just be a rumour that both people have heard but it looks suspicious enough to be 50/50...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Dom could you check the history of postings by those two posters and check their cred?If they've been saying for for the last month or predicting terrorist attacks we'll know it's sh!t.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
occurred before, but stated Feb 15... However, I feel that they were right then too, but it got scrubbed due to France and Germany's actions... It's a likely timeline, but I guess we'll see on Sunday, huh?

dom

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No info on buller, but bililepipersdog is apparently a regular... says the guy that forwarded me the link.

You have to pay to be a member, so I'm not a member, so I can't do any better tracing than that. :/

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks Dom.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The time (11pm GMT = 0200 in Iraq) is reasonable to begin the campaign, but disinformation may be more likely here. News outlets don't really need such advance notice, nor would the military be inclined to give it to them. Probably just a ploy to keep Saddam hopping (but of course, one that just might be true).

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well that's 3:00 p.m. my time. So my prediction may have been right on the 333's. 3rd month, 3:00 p.m., and 2003.

dom

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm not convinced about this information anymore. Not because I doubt the source, but it just seems that the UK government are talking about next week too much right now.

If the media have indeed been told it's Sunday then they're being complicit in a major operation to convince the British people that diplomacy is continuing... I don't buy it.

But I guess we'll know on Monday whether this was right.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
well according to our source it'll be tommorrow, but i don't know if its gonna be tommorrow b/c there have been alot of posts predicting dates and they have all been wrong, so we'll see if this one is right only 31 hours

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Apparently the UN inspectors must be give 2 days to leave.So there is a clue.Most of the inspector are still there.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
actually the number has been reduced to 60 inspectors and 200 support personal according to the cnn ticker

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nice try dom

Try predicting the appearance of Niribu instead

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the war is going to begin momentarily. the exact time doesn't matter cause it's inevitable. the only thing we can do is wait watch and act. chances are it will probably be on monday, maybe not, then again duke wasn't supposed to win today but they did. with man you never know.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm tired of the twelve year soap opera.

Let's get ready to rumbLLLLLLLLLLLLe.

deleted

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
taken from www.rense.com

article site: rense.com...

US, UK, Spain Set
Monday Iraq Deadline
By James Harding and James Blitz in the Azores
The Financial Times - London
3-16-3

War against Iraq appeared to be all but inevitable after the leaders of the US, Britain and Spain on Sunday night set a deadline of Monday night for fading diplomatic efforts to win United Nations support for their hardline stance.

At an emergency summit in the Azores islands in mid-Atlantic, President George W. Bush and prime ministers Tony Blair and Jos� Maria Aznar said they would abandon the quest for a new Security Council resolution authorising military action if agreement had not been reached by the end of Monday.

"Tomorrow is a moment of truth for the world," said a sombre President George W. Bush. He said it was time for the international community to stand by its commitment to peace and security "by supporting the immediate and unconditional disarmament of Saddam Hussein".

"We have reached the point of decision," said Mr Blair.

With bargaining at the UN over a British-sponsored resolution at a near standstill since last Friday, the hastily-arranged summit had the air of a council of war rather than a final push for a diplomatic solution.

All the signs were that Mr Bush was readying to launch military action, possibly later this week. He spoke of US plans for rebuilding Iraq after a war, including supplying humanitarian relief and economic support. "Clearly the president is going to have to make a very, very difficult decision here in the next few days," said Dick Cheney, vice-president, in Washington.

The chief remaining hope for the avoidance of war appeared to be if Mr Hussein agreed to go into exile, something to date he has shown no sign of accepting. "If Saddam Hussein and his sons and a number of other leaders leave . . . war can certainly be avoided," said Colin Powell, US secretary of state.

War would be the riskiest venture of Mr Bush's presidency. But it poses a huge immediate political threat to Mr Blair, Mr Bush's closest international ally. He needed a new UN resolution to overcome widespread domestic opposition to war and avert a damaging rebellion within his own Labour government.

The chances of a last-minute agreement at the UN appeared slim. Britain has made little headway in the push for a second resolution setting a deadline of days for Iraq to disarm - in compliance with last November's resolution 1441 - since France said it would veto the proposals "whatever the circumstances".

France, Russia and Germany issued a joint statement ahead of the Azores summit saying there remained room for diplomacy - and warning against force.

Jacques Chirac, French president, signalled in an interview with US television that he would be prepared to shorten the deadline for Iraq to disarm to as little as 30 days. He called for a meeting of foreign ministers at the Security Council today to discuss the issue. France had earlier suggested a 120-day timetable.

But the proposal was abruptly dismissed by US officials who said giving Mr Hussein any more time would make no difference. "Right now I don't see what purpose is to be served by another meeting when the disagreements are so fundamental," said Mr Powell. "Iraq is playing the United Nations and playing some of our friends in the permanent membership of the Security Council like a fiddle."

The military build-up continued over the weekend. US officials insisted they were ready for action if ordered with 225,000 US and more than 40,000 British troops massed mainly in and around Kuwait. A total of 1,000 warplanes and 130 warships are also in place to join any attack.

| Comment | Reports | Culture | Today's FT Contact us | Help
� Copyright The Financial Times Ltd 2003.
===============================

We shall see eh?
I imagine the Bush Clan is ready and tapping their toes

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the time has come and gone 11pm gmt was 3 1/2 hrs ago and no war bush set monday as the deadline

new topics

top topics

join