It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Nationalist's "Embrace White Culture" post is Glenn Beck’s latest “favorite” on Twitt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by kozmo

If you are proud of being "white" then you won't mind if I call you French.

Since your opinion of me means nothing to me, you may refer to me however you'd like - it matters not one bit. If you'd like to accurately address the heritage of my ancestors then it would be appropriate to call me Russian, Eastern European, Irish and Italian. But alas, I was born in America to American parents and am therefore an American - a white American male to be specific.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by kozmo

Who is talking about white guilt? This thread is about a racist website Glenn Beck "likes."

The whole issue from the liberals with respect to white people being proud of being white stems from THEIR white guilt. Ergo, THEIR white guilt is projected upon everyone else, including Mr. Beck. It also leads to their hypocrisy.

Furthermore, I suspect either your reading comprehension skills are poor or you are intentionally obfuscating, as Mr. Beck indicated that he liked a TWITTER POST and not a website. I may agree with a statement made by someone but that does not constitute tacit agreement with everything that person says or believes. Leave it to the liberals to dissemble their way through life.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How sad is one's "culture" that its only defining characteristic is skin colour.

Not art, dance, singing, holidays, family, meals, food, drink, words, or anything of any actual note.

People are actually so lacking in anything resembling identity that they find COLOUR to be a "cultural" trait of such significant weight.

Horrifying.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

glenn beck.

i don't think this guy is doing a lot of justice to those who pollute their minds with the ideologies of his broadcastings.

he hands out advice very liberally while constantly demonstrating a failure to follow his own advice.

i find what he is selling to be somewhere inbetween a dog chasing his own tail and a monkey throwing poo at his own audience.

ya, i said it. and how many circles has he drawn up on those boards?

if he is on my side and the side of the children of america, i don't know how. seems like a guy who is comfortable pushing the self destruct countdown and turning on the automatic pilot for the betterment of all of the rest of humanity, on our behalf, for us.

glenn beck can go pollinate himself.

magneloquences,
et

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How many different races were listed on the census form? 10, 12, 15?
I can't remember how many but TPTB are trying to divideand conquer.
I listed my race as "human" all the way through the form.

We are Americans! We should be united!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ok let's get something straight,
i agree that in reality there is no "white culture" because there are many white nations with very different cultures between them. and there is no "white brothers". But this must also be true for the "black culture" or "black brotherhood".
So if a black man calls another black man "black brother" it's ok, but if i call another white man "white brother" that is racist. Do you not agree that if we really are equal then the same rules must apply to all of us?

About the "white pride", goes the same as above, but for sure being proud of being white has nothing to do with "white supremacy".
So if i'm proud of being italian is that racist against germans? then how is it different to say that if i'm proud of being white i'm racist against non-whites?

someone said there is really no point at all in being proud of your skin color.
I agree, how can you be proud of something you didn't choose and have no merit in belonging to one particular group. but then the same goes for the nations, i can't be proud of being American because i really have no merit at all of being one, i was just born that way.
And of course i can't even be proud of my family or my father because it really doesn't make sense, i didn't choose to what family i belong, i have no merit about it.

But let's agree, the rules apply to everything and everyone.
I'm willing to accept that being proud of being what you are is racist if this applies to everyone.

And yes, playing the card of slavery to justify the differences is silly, get over with it, today everyone has the same opportunities, there are many black celebrities loved by all people, there is even a black president.
We are all equal right? then let's start being equal.

The "racism" concept is itself what fuels racism. There is only one way to stop racism, and that is by starting not to give it importance.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
All the people asking what is wrong with having white pride or comparing it to the NAACP really need to actually check out the website. It is one thing to have pride in your race. It is quite another to advocate the idea that only your race should exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Furthermore, I suspect either your reading comprehension skills are poor or you are intentionally obfuscating, as Mr. Beck indicated that he liked a TWITTER POST and not a website.

Ummm....speaking of reading comprehension...did you read the post? All it was was a link to the website so what exactly do you think Beck liked about it if not the link?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

With all due respect,

I hope your post was a joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

no, not really.
the first is a medieval troubador. in this case, he's a german lad. the second is enya's impression of the celtics. and the last is a part of white "culture" in that it covers 2 forms of dance, both from "white countries."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

no, not really.
the first is a medieval troubador. in this case, he's a german lad. the second is enya's impression of the celtics. and the last is a part of white "culture" in that it covers 2 forms of dance, both from "white countries."

Well I am white and not one of those videos applies to me or my parents or my grandparents, etc. Does that mean I have no culture to claim my own or does it mean I am not white enough?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

i can find some more. i just didn't want to overload the post with videos.
there's irish jig and scottish bagpipes and french artists, and dutch artists, and spanish dance, and etc.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
all I know is I'm of European descent and I'm GLAD. maybe not "proud" but sure as hell glad. I'm off to listen to classical music and eat some sausage and potatoes. no guilt here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

i can find some more. i just didn't want to overload the post with videos.
there's irish jig and scottish bagpipes and french artists, and dutch artists, and spanish dance, and etc.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by undo]

Those would be examples of Irish, Scottish, French, and Dutch culture; not white culture. Would you say that lip plates are representative of "black culture?"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

not sure. my expertise in african anthropology is egyptian, almost exclusively. if i'm talking about ancient black culture, i think africa (except egypt, which was more of a melting pot due to intermarriage between egyptian royals and royals of other countries as far away as china). if i'm considering semitic culture, i look to mesopotamian countries. if i'm thinking white culture i look to european countries.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Furthermore, I suspect either your reading comprehension skills are poor or you are intentionally obfuscating, as Mr. Beck indicated that he liked a TWITTER POST and not a website.

Ummm....speaking of reading comprehension...did you read the post? All it was was a link to the website so what exactly do you think Beck liked about it if not the link?

Once again, since you are having difficulty, I will break this down ever so s-l-o-w-l-y for you - k? Mr. Beck, on his TWITTER account, listed a POSTING on TWITTER as among his favorites - NOT a website, not a group, not an ideiology - a SINGLE POST! No amount of dissembling on your part is going to change that very simple and elementary fact!

Mr. Beck did NOT post the link to the website, the OP did. Just because the TWITTER POST originated from the group that administers the website does not necessarily mean that the post had anything to do directly with the groups apparently racial supremacy aspirations. The post could have simply stated something about border security - which the MAJORITY of Americans tend to agree with. In short, you are committing a gross inductive fallacy!

Have I made this simple enough for you yet or do you require more schooling on the matter?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Being a white guy is about being a man called Todd, who wears golf slacks on the weekend and takes his kids fishing.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Once again, since you are having difficulty, I will break this down ever so s-l-o-w-l-y for you - k? Mr. Beck, on his TWITTER account, listed a POSTING on TWITTER as among his favorites - NOT a website, not a group, not an ideiology - a SINGLE POST! No amount of dissembling on your part is going to change that very simple and elementary fact!

I guess it needs to be broken down even more slowly for you.

What was that "post?"

What was the content of that twitter posting?

What was it? Was it a website by any chance? Was it anything more than that?

Mr. Beck did NOT post the link to the website, the OP did.

Nope. Beck posted the link because that is what the post was - a link!

Just because the TWITTER POST originated from the group that administers the website does not necessarily mean that the post had anything to do directly with the groups apparently racial supremacy aspirations. The post could have simply stated something about border security - which the MAJORITY of Americans tend to agree with. In short, you are committing a gross inductive fallacy!

You are just making things up.

Have I made this simple enough for you yet or do you require more schooling on the matter?

Better try again and this time, include the entire contents of that post.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

not sure. my expertise in african anthropology is egyptian, almost exclusively. if i'm talking about ancient black culture, i think africa (except egypt, which was more of a melting pot due to intermarriage between egyptian royals and royals of other countries as far away as china).

I never said African anything and I sure never said ancient anything. I said black culture.

if i'm considering semitic culture, i look to mesopotamian countries. if i'm thinking white culture i look to european countries.

Yeah, you are going way out of your way to miss the point so nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join