It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Nationalist's "Embrace White Culture" post is Glenn Beck’s latest “favorite” on Twitt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can just imagine how many Republicans who after reading that article are RUSHING to delete their favorites list to spare themselves embarrassment...

SETTLE DOWN RIGHT WINGERS!!! Its just a hunch.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Misoir

If you're someone who supports Obama, as you obviously are, you probably shouldn't be critical, as Obama belonged to a black nationalist church for twenty years and quit only when the press reluctantly gave coverage. I'm getting bored with all this race baiting. Why is it only racist if a white guy does it. Not to be brag, but We do have a few accomplishments under our belt, like: Space travel, computers, the telephone, the assembly line, America, airplanes, the automobile, the printing press, steel framed buildings and modern medicine. I could continue, but I won't. Go Honkies!

I agree with you on alot of this.

But the last comment of yours.

Most other races we're supreessed for so long. So it would be hard for one to make/build,or think of new creative things. Go back in history, Mayan's were more advanced than we are today even with our technolgy. Egyptian architecture is far advanced. We can go on for ever.

We are all one man one race.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by cosmo740]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Sorry everything I have heard they support Obama Inc, and the evil things that in my opinion should not be happening in America. Once again just my opinion, yes I used to like U2 hell alot of other bands too, until I heard of some of their ideas regarding things in life, quality of life. I guess I just disagree with their mentality? Good song though

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Why would you be proud of the color of your skin? Such a silly thing to be proud of. People who are just "proud of their heritage" inevitably turn out to be racist and/or anti-Semitic.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Glenn Beck is a great man.

Stop with the hate. He's not a racist.

Glenn Beck is a HERO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I dont believe astro said anything about blacks not doing their part.

You call him a racist, yet all I see from you is getting mad at him because helists some things that whites have contributed to the world.

Are you sure you arent.. ::gasp:: racist?

I mean, you like to throw the word around enough, you may be what you accuse others of being.

Those who smelt it, dealt it.

Edit- Oh yea, and BTW- Thanks for adding me as your foe after I just got done posting this reply to you. Did I hit a nerve?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

No because I am not racist.

I am just sick of you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Remember, we whites don't have a culture, didn't accomplish anything without the help of other races, ruined the world in so many ways............and yet are still the dominating force on earth.........seems like spoiled milk to me. Funny how having a black president didn't help things racially, it made them worse. I guess that's our fault as well.......maybe pretty soon we can start to play the white card, and things will be equal.......I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are sick of me? hahaha.

Than I did my part

Maybe next time you would think twice about accusing people of something that they are not.

I know, thats just too much to ask.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Misoir

You are sick of me? hahaha.

Than I did my part

Maybe next time you would think twice about accusing people of something that they are not.

I know, thats just too much to ask.

It's not my fault Glenn Beck is a racist.

One of the core part's of his own religion is that Black's are inferior to whites and they become white as they do good deeds.

I didn't make him a Mormon and I didn't make him a White Supremes.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thats not what I was replying to you about, I was replying to you because you attack other members , plain and simple.

If you hate me because of that,well than I guess you just showed your true colors.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hmmmmm...kind of like Obamas church being all about the black man and how evil white people are........I guess bigotry is ok. if it's used in your favor? Hmmmm, and people wonder what happened to the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
So what is the problem with that,
being a White Nationalist, can't some guy be proud of being white without being targeted as racist?

No. Because defining yourself as part of a "White race" is actually being racist. And being proud of it doesn't just make you a racist, it makes you a White supremacist idiot, who's being proud of a deluded imagery of a "great" nonexistent "breed", because of his questionable origins and hardly-provable lineage. Race, nation... all just a load of fake crap, just like God and Santa Claus, designed to enslave your mind and put in a tribal logic where you end up fighting the wrong people as false solution for your condition. Your national identity as America is nothing but a political creation that's only a few decades old, and based out of thin air, as well as the illegitimate occupation, exploitation and destruction of Native people's land and culture. Your sole, unquestionable place of origin is your mother's womb. All the rest is conceptual illusion.

"Embrace White Culture" - please explain to me what is wrong in embracing my own culture.

What is "your own culture"? McDonald's? Nickelodeon? Wal Mart? Monsanto? Microsoft? Smith and Wesson? General Motors? Where is YOUR culture and from where do you "own" it?

[edit on 5/8/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I completely agree with what you wrote.

My problem with what you wrote is that its not like that in real life.
From the time we are born we are told how to identify(or misidentify) ourselves through flags,skin colour,schools,jobs,religions etc...
Any solutions or suggestions as to how to change that??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is some things that can be attributed to "white culture"- or "white American culture" not limited tojust whites, but shared by others who are also American and european/african american.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source-abagond.wordpress.com...

Here are some of the features of White American culture. Again, keep in mind that not every white person follows all of this. And again, many of these things will be found in other cultures, especially British and African American culture, its closest cousins:

language: American Standard English. Stiff, long-winded, impersonal.
religion: a private affair, but mainly Protestant and Bible-based.
weights and measure: English, some metric.
law: common law from England based on precedent; trial by jury; no man should be above the law.
government: democracy, presidents.
freedom: makes society stronger and richer, not weaker.
the future: what you make it.
music: rock, country, gangsta rap, swing.
dress: blue jeans, dressing down.
cows: for meat, milk, leather.
pigs: eaten.
dogs: loved, not allowed to run loose, almost seen as one of the family.
diet: cows, pigs, chicken, turkey, wheat, maize, potato, sugar, cow’s milk, beer, chicken eggs.
breasts: not commonly bared in magazines or in public.
beards: rare.
books: rarely read after age 25.
poverty: a moral failing.
wealth: worshipped.
intelligence: looked down upon: geeks and nerds.
race: colour-blind racism: lip service is given to colour-blind equality, but in practice whites are seen as better than blacks and their lives matter more.
homosexuals: accepted to the degree that same-sex marriage is now a matter of debate.
female beauty: white-skinned, thin, long yellow hair, big breasts, empty blue eyes.
drink: beer common among men but not allowed for children.
coffee or tea?: coffee since the 1920s.
sports: an important part of life; baseball, American football, basketball, ice hockey, golf, tennis.
family: parents with young children; divorce common; personal desires over family.
parents: try to be friends with their children; avoid physical punishment.
managers: try to be friends with their employees.
source-abagond.wordpress.com...

Do whites have a culture?
Mon 17 Nov 2008 by abagond

Macon D, on his ever-interesting blog Stuff White People Do, quoted anti-racist writer Shelly Tochluk. Here is a bit of it. She is speaking as a white American:

However, many of us find ourselves looking at other groups and longing for the connection we imagine they feel with their roots, their homeland, their culture. Many white folks can be heard saying, “We don’t have culture. They have culture.”

I know that I am not alone. I hear the same sentiments too much from other white people. If anything, this is one of the truest hallmarks of whiteness that I have yet encountered. There is a hole within many of us, created when our families gave up our culture in order to be successful in the United States.

Heartfelt and honest, no doubt, but it is still maddening to hear it.

A lost homeland? Their homeland is made up of the lost homelands of others: the United States of America.

No rootedness? They live in a country – in a world! – where their culture is top dog. Where their culture is taught in schools across the country and shown on televisions round the world. Where their food and drink is sold in the four corners of the earth! How much more rooted can you be?

Lack of a culture? They have one of the most powerful cultures in history, like the Romans, the Persians and the Chinese, one that threatens other cultures.

White Americans have a culture just like everyone else: they have strange holidays and special foods, they have their own way of dressing, of talking, of family life, their own feelings about dogs, their own ideas about music, female beauty, skin colour and disciplining children. They have their own books, songs, television shows and films. They have blue jeans, rock music and hamburgers. Baseball and Starbucks.

They have their own language, which is taught in every school in the land as “proper English”. White Americans even speak English with an accent – which they call “having no accent”.

Whatever old ways Tochluk’s family lost from the old country they were replaced by their White American counterparts. It is how they lost their foreignness. The hole was filled. It had to be. How else can she sing and dance and talk and cook and tell stories to her children?

Many white Americans seem to see themselves as plain, ordinary and boring. “Generic”, I think, is the word. It is everyone else who is different, interesting, colourful or “exotic”.

Well, that is a point of view. They are so used to their own culture, like water to a fish or refrigerator noises, they take it so much for granted, it is so much a part of what they think of as “being a normal person”, that they do not see it. Just like how they do not hear their own accent – or see themselves as “white”.

Source-abagond.wordpress.com...

edit

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My computer is filthy with white national stuff. I also read
The Black Hebrews, Watch Farrakhan, think that Melvin Van
Peebles is hilarious, loved Chris Rocks 2008 HBO comedy hour,
listen to a Hebrew Rabbi in Israel, and search out new voices too.
The asian male identity crissis of two years ago was facinating infact.

Giving audience to _all_ the voices that I can is not something, I should
think, would be held against my ability to make a judgement on something.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

Other than it being somewhat retarded since there has never been a "white" culture.

There were various cultural groups, that often had very little in common, who are all of European descent.

"White" culture is a modern affectation that has little to nothing to do with any actual culture.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
See, here is the problem with the liberal mindset. They claim "Diversity". They claim "Equality". But they espouse the notion of "White guilt" It is not only OK, but encouraged, for any racial or ethnic group to espouse their pride but completely abhored when a white person does it. It makes no sense. But, then again, there is very little about the liberal mindset that makes any sense!

I am white, I am male and I AM PROUD! There isn't a single liberal or even the whole lot of them that will make me feel guilty about it either!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

If you are proud of being "white" then you won't mind if I call you French.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Who is talking about white guilt? This thread is about a racist website Glenn Beck "likes."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join