It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Nationalist's "Embrace White Culture" post is Glenn Beck’s latest “favorite” on Twitt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
mediamatters.org...

I’ll let Fox News’ Glenn Beck explain this one. Perhaps he didn’t know that his list of favorite Twitter postings was available to the public.

In any case, Beck or the person responsible for Beck’s Twitter account clicked the little star adding an... umm... interesting post to his favorites list. The post in question came from Malevolent Freedom, which describes itself as a "White Nationalist News And Form":

So one of Glenn Beck's favorites on Twitter is a link to a White Nationalist website, isn't that funny. Not so much a 'ha-ha' funny, well... maybe it is.

Has Glenn Beck finally revealed what I always knew he was? A White Nationalist. A very peculiar form of wannabe Libertarian, staging this whole Tea Party event in the same place as the Great Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his beloved speech, "I have a dream."

Glenn Beck; love him and you are nuts, hate him and they call you nuts.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So what is the problem with that,
being a White Nationalist, can't some guy be proud of being white without being targeted as racist?
"Embrace White Culture" - pleas explain to me what is wrong in embracing my own culture.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

There is nothing wrong with it I agree.
If its ok for a black man to be affiliated with the black panthers then it should be ok for a white guy to affiliate himself with his group too.

Now to get real...I wish all this race crap would just go away already.
Someone should start a group called humanity for humans and include all who can cast race aside.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No you can only make a race idenification if your race has been "down trodden". Even if you are of Italian ancestry and have been down trodden of late....never mind the jack boot romans days.

Hopefully this troll thread will die.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Now to get real...I wish all this race crap would just go away already.
Someone should start a group called humanity for humans and include all who can cast race aside.

Its not about race.
Its about Money and Power.
Thats why you have the Catholics fighting the Protestants, the Sunnis fighting the Shia,Hutus fighting the Tutsi,Conservatives vs Liberals,etc.

Those without Money and Power are Slaves.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What exactly is "white culture"?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I see it differently.
Its about a dumb label that messes with our perception to convince us that we are different when the reality is that we are all the same.

I guess you say tomatoe and i say tomata.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What exactly is "white culture"?

Its a Cultureless Culture.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

I agree. If you say you're proud of being black, it's okay, but if you're proud of being white, you're racist.

I'm not even 100% white and I think this whole "racist" issue is going too far.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just checked out the site. Beck is finally showing his true, racist colors.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by RRokkyy

I see it differently.
Its about a dumb label that messes with our perception to convince us that we are different when the reality is that we are all the same.

I guess you say tomatoe and i say tomata.

If you read Bono in the Original Klingon you would know that we are all One but not the Same.

U2 Lyrics - One
Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame
You say...

One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's...

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...
Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much
More than a lot
You gave me nothing
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt
One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One...life

One

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Question, Why all the hate around here for Glenn Beck? The man does what everyone on this site comes here to do. He tells it like it is, he covers the things main stream media refuses to cover, he exposes the elite and their power grabs when no one else will. I applaud the man, we need more people like him to stand up and do their job fairly and with the facts. Yes sometimes he is a bit nutty and such but like he always preaches it's about content. Besides he must be doing something right as alot of people enjoy watching him. Once again I thought the motto for ATS was deny ignorance? Then you finally get someone in the media that speaks the truth and backs it up with facts and it still isn't good enough for ATS subscribers? Then I suggest all the haters out there that think they could do a better job, do it. Start your own media channel and follow through. Like I said I really quite honestly can't figure this site out and the people that post here. It seems nothing is ever good enough.... As far as the "white culture" thing goes I'm sure theres more to it than meets the eye, I will be looking into it further.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Is this anything like showing your racist colors by attending NAACP meetings? Just wondering, or does the shoe only foot the white peoples foot?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Nope, I actually agree with you. But it does not excuse Beck supporting a racist website.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If you're someone who supports Obama, as you obviously are, you probably shouldn't be critical, as Obama belonged to a black nationalist church for twenty years and quit only when the press reluctantly gave coverage. I'm getting bored with all this race baiting. Why is it only racist if a white guy does it. Not to be brag, but We do have a few accomplishments under our belt, like: Space travel, computers, the telephone, the assembly line, America, airplanes, the automobile, the printing press, steel framed buildings and modern medicine. I could continue, but I won't. Go Honkies!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Stop getting your info from mediamatters they take everythign out of context. They only push NWO's propaganda.

Watch his show, you'll learn something!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I think you might be wrong on some of that. I am pretty sure a lot of different races contributed to most if not all those things. That is a pretty bold yet stupid comment that just adds fuel to the fire that should have went out a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No people other than whites contributed to those programs?

The Chinese and Koreans invented the printing press long before Gutenberg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

First let me correct you, I am not an Obama fan. He was elected as the most liberal president since FDR and turned out no better than JC.

Space travel, computers, the telephone, the assembly line, America, airplanes, the automobile, the printing press, steel framed buildings and modern medicine. I could continue, but I won't.

And I guess African Americans did not help at all. They NEVER gave anything to modern medicine:

Rebecca Cole(1846-1922):
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Cole was the second black woman to graduate from medical school (1867). She joined Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell, the first white woman physician, in New York and taught hygiene and childcare to families in poor neighborhoods.

Dr. Daniel Hale Williams(1856-1931):
Williams was born in Pennsylvania and attended medical school in Chicago, where he received his M.D. in 1883. He founded the Provident Hospital in Chicago in 1891, and he performed the first successful open heart surgery in 1893.

Ernest Everett Just(1883-1941):
Originally from Charleston, South Carolina, Just attended Dartmouth College and the University of Chicago, where he earned a Ph.D. in zoology in 1916. Just's work on cell biology took him to marine laboratories in the U.S. and Europe and led him to publish more than 50 papers.

Percy L. Julian(1899-1975):
Alabama-born Julian held a bachelor's degree from DePauw University, a master's degree from Harvard University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Vienna. His most famous achievement is his synthesis of cortisone, which is used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.

Dr. Charles Richard Drew(1904-1950):
Born in Washington, D.C., Drew earned advanced degrees in medicine and surgery from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, in 1933 and from Columbia University in 1940. He is particularly noted for his research in blood plasma and for setting up the first blood bank.

Emmett Chappelle(1925-):
Born in Phoenix, Arizona, Chappelle earned a B.S. from the University of California and an M.S. from the University of Washington. He joined NASA in 1977 as a remote sensing scientist. Among Chappelle's discoveries is a method (developed with Grace Picciolo) of instantly detecting bacteria in water, which led to the improved diagnoses of urinary tract infections.

www.infoplease.com...

I could continue, but I won't...

Go Honkies

You are a true racist and racists make me sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i agree, why is it racist to be proud of your culture and heritage? blacks and hispanics are allowed to be proud of their cultures, why can't whites? because a small group of southern whites owned slaves we are not allowed to be proud of who we are? did whites not also help runaway slaves escape to the free north? did whites not go to civil war over this issue and put an end to it in america forever? my families immigrated to america after slavery was abolished, never owned slaves, and probably never lived in the south. that makes me far from even being involved with this. i'm sure lots of white american families never owned slaves in the history of their family. it is also upsetting when people say white americans have no culture, because this is far from the truth. we have just as much of a cultural identity as anyone else, and it is colored with revolution, innovation, morals, and character. just because it is different from other cultures doesn't mean it does not have its merits, and it is something we can and should take pride in just as much as any other group.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join