It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US Will Regret Any Insane Move'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A senior Iranian military official says the country’s military might has reached a high point and the US would regret taking any ‘insane move’ against the Islamic Republic.

“Any insane move will bring the US nothing but regret and they will get our final response in the scene of action,” Brig. Gen. Mohammad-Hassan Baqeri, a deputy commander of Iran’s Ground Forces, said in comments about the recent remarks of US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen.

Mullen said last week that the US military had a plan to attack Iran, although he thought a strike was probably a bad idea.

Baqeri noted that the US supported former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein during the war Iraq imposed on Iran from 1980 to 1988 and the experience has shown that it will achieve nothing but defeat if it takes a military action against Iran.

“Iran’s defense readiness, three or four decades ago, was not at the level that it is today,” the Iranian general said.

“Today, Iran’s Ground Forces are at a high level (of readiness), both from the training and military hardware aspects,” IRNA quoted Baqeri as saying on Wednesday.

Iran’s Ground Forces have combined their past experiences and indigenous tactics and techniques tailored for any future wars and have reached a high point in their preparedness, he stated.

Link to article

Looks like Iran are not prepared to take anything laying down. Or this could just be fight talk, similiar to before a boxing match.

Has anyone got a prediction as to when this will all kick off? im thinking it wont be too long now unfortunatley.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is he comparing the US against Iraq? I'm positive Iran is a much much stronger country than Iraq.. but to claim they could easily defeat the US military because they fought Iraq to a stand still?

Winter

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

If the USA attacks Iran or comes to Israel's aid militarily than I will personally see to it that we protest the war immediately and defend the Islamic Republic at all costs.

Iran has no blood on their hands. Israel has near constant blood on their hands and America has so much blood that if Karma exists then America will disappear soon.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Iran’s Ground Forces have combined their past experiences and indigenous tactics and techniques tailored for any future wars and have reached a high point in their preparedness, he stated.

Yes... Iranian military has developed their own "indigenous" tactics that will completely baffle those oh-so-naive American generals.

These guys say some of the craziest stuff. Have you ever noticed it seems to only be the Muslims or the S. American communists that talk like they're the super power and the U.S. is hardly able to dig a trench?

Where does this bizarre affection for ridiculous bravado come from?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Don't leave out the head loony toon Kim Jong Ill. If you leave him off your list of threat makers he may just declare a "holy retaliatory nuclear war" on you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

If the USA attacks Iran or comes to Israel's aid militarily than I will personally see to it that we protest the war immediately and defend the Islamic Republic at all costs.

Iran has no blood on their hands. Israel has near constant blood on their hands and America has so much blood that if Karma exists then America will disappear soon.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Misoir]

Iran has no blood on in its hands? Is that a joke? Don't know much about Iran do you? Maybe you are just being sarcastic. Sorry its hard to tell on here.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

well, can u please tell us illegal wars which Iran created and fought?

I can say that about the US ... do you really want to discuss who have blood on his hands?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Iran talks a lot. Saddam Hussein called the US-Iraq war "The Mother of All Wars" while we Americans watched on TV the country being destroyed, eating popcorn like it was a movie.

The same with Iran, who is much the same militarily as Iraq was. Much of Iran's population hates their government just as in Saddam's Iraq. Thousands of soldiers will surrender, and millions of Iranians will welcome the US troops with open-arms.

Not that I think war is a good thing. Many innocent civilians will die, sadly. . .

BUT, my point is, Iran would be destroyed just as easily as Iraq, and the rebuilding would be easier because there is more unity in Iran.

The main problem is how the rest of the world views a US or Israel attack against Iran. As long as they wait for Iran to attack something first, the world will support America, but it will be another Iraq if America attacks for no reason, other than "weapons of mass destruction"...

WHEN? Probably December 2012, after Obama doesn't get re-elected, so he doesn't care what people think anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by MrSpad

I can say that about the US ... do you really want to discuss who have blood on his hands?

I don't Give A Sh$T about your so called Illegal wars we've fought, You need to prove it was Illegal.

But how about you try this site: vodpod.com...

I'm hoping the link works for these video Crimes Against Humanity Committed by the Islamic Republic of Iran.
And: www.youtube.com...#!

You want to Protest, that's your right, Enjoy.
You really need to remember something, Not All Of Iran Likes This Nut Running Their Country and Most Of All

They Would Really Like More Freedom, Like 24/7 BollyWood and Dancing and Girls In TIGHT FITTING PANTS
and a Host of Other Things, Does The Freedom Of The Internet Ring A Bell With You
, They don't have that, You do, But They Don't.
I'm pretty sure their Very Beautiful Women Would Like More Freedoms and
I'm sure they can handle a weapon, I think the Hard Core Little Squeaky Muslim Guys Will be Fighting on More Than One Front.
Hell, if my wife told me I was Cut Off
you can be sure, I'd be fighting to get my Loving Back

[edit on 5-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Saddam, specifically said that any U.S. Attack, would be met with a "sea of fire". One that never came, more likely than anything, that they were convinced to sent most of their WMD's to Siria. Comparing the Iran Military to the Iraq military, is like comparing a schoolyard where the fifth grader, instead of the fourth grader, is standing up to the High School Senior. Not much difference.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I think events are too fluid to pick a time for this event.

It has been in the works for quite awhile and it will likely happen
one way or another.

When it was found out US troops in Iraq were being killed by
Iranian shaped copper plasma mines of Russian design I thought
that would be it.

I also thought the government of Saudi Arabia giving Israel
airspace clearance for an attack on Iran was surreal, and
likely the catalyst of the warning from a expat Saudi royal
that warned the royals to leave while they still have their lives.

But as I have said elsewhere the powers in control do not care
about dead soldiers, just power and money and their esoteric agenda.

I think both sides have been sabre rattling, but the assassination
attempt on the president of Iran recently will likely get a
reciprocal attack against leaders of Israel.

That could be the trigger to kick it off.

I think it will come down to Iran or Israel starting this, or an instigator
making it look like one of them started it.

Then the whole region could go to war.

The US could end it quickly, but I can't see Barry firing MIRV warheads
from Boomer subs into Iran.

That will be saved for the end of WW3 I am thinking.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
Saddam, specifically said that any U.S. Attack, would be met with a "sea of fire". One that never came, more likely than anything, that they were convinced to sent most of their WMD's to Siria. Comparing the Iran Military to the Iraq military, is like comparing a schoolyard where the fifth grader, instead of the fourth grader, is standing up to the High School Senior. Not much difference.

One of the former heads of the Iraqi Air Force said on TV that all the
WMDs were loaded onto civilian aircraft at the public airport and
flown to Syria.

The man could have lied about it, but it is a viable action.

Syria and Iraq were both Baath party politically speaking.

en.wikipedia.org...

The party was founded in Damascus, Syria in 1940 by the Syrian intellectuals Michel Aflaq, and Salah al-Bitar, and since its inception has established branches in different Arab countries, although the only countries it has ever held power in are Syria and Iraq. In Syria it has had a monopoly on political power since the party's 1963 coup. Ba'athists also seized power in Iraq in 1963, but were deposed some months later. They returned to power in a 1968 coup and remained the sole party of government until the 2003 Iraq invasion. Since then they have been banned in Iraq.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We'll all feel the hit in the wallet should such a thing happen. The regional pipelines can't match the volume of oil transported through the Straits of Hormuz to the US, UK, etc.

Any military action unless so rapidly overwhelming and surgically precise will ultimately create a panic in the oil-futures trading markets and a huge spike in the cost per barrel of imported oil.

It wont be felt immediately as there are national reserves and billions of gallons stored in anchored tanker flotillas, but a few weeks in to such a scenario and that price-spike will hit

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

reply to post by MrSpad

I don't Give A Sh$T about your so called Illegal wars we've fought, You need to prove it was Illegal.

But how about you try this site: vodpod.com...

I'm hoping the link works for these video Crimes Against Humanity Committed by the Islamic Republic of Iran.
And: www.youtube.com...#!

You want to Protest, that's your right, Enjoy.
You really need to remember something, Not All Of Iran Likes This Nut Running Their Country and Most Of All

They Would Really Like More Freedom, Like 24/7 BollyWood and Dancing and Girls In TIGHT FITTING PANTS
and a Host of Other Things, Does The Freedom Of The Internet Ring A Bell With You
, They don't have that, You do, But They Don't.
I'm pretty sure their Very Beautiful Women Would Like More Freedoms and
I'm sure they can handle a weapon, I think the Hard Core Little Squeaky Muslim Guys Will be Fighting on More Than One Front.
Hell, if my wife told me I was Cut Off
you can be sure, I'd be fighting to get my Loving Back

Um no, you need to prove that the US and Israel haven't been heavily involved in anything going on in that country. Yes, that means the protests that happened last year. Whether or not the people in that country like their oppressive regime is none of your business anyway. Why don't you try taking care of the oppressive government we have here before you start trying to take on others government's thousands of miles away. I wouldn't be saying we have freedom on the internet either.
You're obviously one of the 300 million Americans who are so naive to think their government couldn't possibly be watching their activities online. Guess what, it is happening! It's been happening since the Patriot Act... and that's only since they started admitting it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

Iran has a long history since the revolution of funding rebels, terror groups, and coup attempts in other Muslim states through out South West Asia and Africa and Israel of course. All this in an attempt to spread the revolution. The more hardline approach of Israel is in part do to groups funded, supported and armed by Iran. As for illegal wars? I am not sure by who's laws you wish to judge such things but I suppose you might consider the attacks on Kuwaits shipping and attempted air strikes on Kuwaits oil wells during the Iran Iraq war illegal. Unless you think that supporting and funding Iraq against Iran makes that legit. Of course then you would also have to support Israel striking Iran for supporting and funding groups that attack it. And I do not think you are willing to do that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
We'll all feel the hit in the wallet should such a thing happen. The regional pipelines can't match the volume of oil transported through the Straits of Hormuz to the US, UK, etc.

What is truly sad is that we know how to grow our own oil right
here on US soil on non-farm land using agri-waste and human
waste as feedstock.

Land area 10% the size of New Mexico could grow all the oil we need
for all of the US.

You do not see the government getting behind it though.

If 10% of what went to wars went to this project we would not need
to be in the middle east blowing trillions of dollars.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

top topics

join