It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not smart enough ..please help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ok so yeah this is like my 3 rd post ....quess i cant put anywhere but here.....i have a question for you astro physisists out there. im looking to see if there is a theory that i can read about that runs along the lines that our universe(space) the old expandind body that my very uneducated and simple mind understands ..is just another body that rotates around another universe?? the best i understand every thing rotates around something from molicules, atoms, planets, solar systems and galaxies.......so am i wrong to ask if our cluster of galaxies we call our universe might rotate around some type of other system or something like that??? im not that bright just a curious soul that figures this theory is on paper some where that one of you might know where i can look??? any help would rock !!!

cause and effect

[edit on 5-8-2010 by saintsjunky]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by saintsjunky]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm no physicist, astromer, or the like, but as I understand it the galaxies do spin. This is proved by the galaxies farther out than our own appear to "move slower" than the galaxies that seem to be closer to the "center of the universe" the same direction from our perspective.
Basically all galaxies seem to be orbiting something in what we perceive as the center of the universe, just as the moon orbits the Earth.

But someone with knowledge about this past high school may be able to correct me or elaborate as that's just how I learned it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am no Astro Physicist but I am currently taking a course online at Yale University in order to education myself on the topic.

From what I understand about the Universe as a Whole is that it is constantly expanding outwards and since it is Infinite in size relative to our concept of dimension or size or distance it will simply continue to expand throughout time.

In so many words, they don't know what exists at the extreme reaches of our Universe because of how large it actually is.

I feel that in looking at atoms and the similarities between their structures and those of our solar system planets, that just perhaps our Universe is simply a part of a bigger piece of matter similar to the way in which atoms create our world.

A baseless hypotheses but as I had said, I am no Astro Physicist but I am proud to say that I am learning more everyday !!!

Here's the course I am taking for those of you remotely interested...

ASTR 160: Frontiers and Controversies in Astrophysics

oyc.yale.edu...

Putting it into perspective though, we still havent yet even been to visit the far reaches of our very own solar system.

The New Horizons project is after an 8 year journey meant to explore our farthest reaching planet PLUTO in 2015.

www.plutotoday.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Probably stuff u r already aware of tho check into m theory, brane theory, binary universe, bubble universe, string theory, many worlds interpretation. Also plz b aware that even tho our Earth orbits our sun, our sun also orbits Earth. They share a point of rotation. When a 3rd rotating body is introduced things may become abstractive. If earth and sun are in motion together a double helix is produced if plotted along additional axis. Of course its all relative and dependent upon your perspective. I'm not yet intelligent enough either, not this second at least. (:

top topics

join