It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This physical earth bound existence is a prison....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
(philosophically):
Many of the Neo-platonic philosophers believed something quite interesting. That we are sparks of God/Divinity trapped in a physical prison who keep coming back until we wake up from dream.

(metaphysically):
The Gnostics also believed the same as above and this sentiment is actually spread out through sub-culture religions the world over.

Even Jesus said "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him" (1 John 2:15).

(Personally):
I have had this instinct as a child that something about this existence here isn't right. This is all wrong, death, these limits, this stupidity that goes on around the world (wars, rapes, murders, over doses, etc).

These limits especially. The human body is so fragile. There are soooo few intelligent people. We consider ourselves smart yet havent cured cancer/AIDS yet.

ANyway, I have had many spiritual awakenings and insights. I remembered pre-existing and have had many other divine experiences that have showed me that this truly is a prison we live in. The body itself with its needs, lusts, weaknesses, habits, addictions, and vices is also a prison. So its like a prison within a prison.

While I do have Love for others, for nature, and for the Divine .....I really dread this existence here and the only thing keeping me going and keeping me content is the spiritual experiences that I've had thus far.

Your take?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by dominicus]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I would suggest reading the "Dhammapada" or "Heart Sutra."
Second lines are a delusion.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I would suggest reading the "Dhammapada" or "Heart Sutra."

yup, read those too. Basically it seems to be manuals on how to break out of the prison, the illusion, and what not....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If you've broken out of prison why are you stll here?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you've broken out of prison why are you stll here?

Lol, who says that there is an 'I' that is still 'here'? Do you really think that's air you're breathing?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There is no spoon.

I think I've felt this way for a number of years w/out realizing what else was out there. So in essence, I agree with you pretty much 100%. The hell that this planet can be is what I've associated to a prison of sorts. Or hell, if you wish. Not that I am religious at all, but this is what I feel. Other times I can think of it as a playground to learn lessons to redeem ourselves. It really depends on the mood I'm in, if I'm honest. Consistency can be hard for me though, so while I take in the beauty of the world I inhabit, I also see a direct link to the problems with people around me meaning that some people make your existence here harder than need be, or easier than need be. If that makes any sense whatsoever... I don't necessarily hate the life I live, because if I'm thinking straight, it is me that makes it hard on myself. I can't realistically blame other individuals for my problems because if I sit down and think about it, I have in some way created these issues in my life myself. Again, if that makes any sense...

Wishy washy, I know.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Same ideas in the course in miracles and the disappearance of the universe.

All about forgiving everything and everyone. That is supposed to be the key to waking up from this dream or nightmare.

But what I get figure is If I am the only one here then who else keeps posting ?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I dissagree.

I think that this is the real deal,maybe too real for some people and by that i mean too harsh.
In the other hand,i wouldn't be too surprised if we'd have a reality created in our reality.(i've said those things since at some point it seems like you're implying that this life isn't exactly real)

Now,"prison"?No,i don't think so.What seems to some like a prison,for others it seems like Disneyland.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Second lines are a delusion??? Not sure what you mean.

Are you referring to the second line in the post?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Then maybe you should change your attitude about prisons.

My favorite movies are the prison ones. Regard my avatar.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
not just the physical world and not just earth, bro........
its all in the mind you know- as the goon show was known to say.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by DJW001

best 2nd line ever......

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Oceanborn

is it these crazy, won't-grow-up Disneylanders the reason the rest of us are in prison? think about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We shape the environment we live in. Thereafter it shapes us

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
conformity is important to TPTB because we use our minds to hold reality together......"spoon" "chair"....these are just atoms held together for a brief moment in time but we conceptualize them and hold them together with our thoughts. if everyone isn't thinking the same thing..........

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by AProphet1233

I kind of agree- prison is to help us become free. yet many people fear prison more than death........if you love this world....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yup if humanity wouldnt of never allowed the snake into our concious we wouldnt even be dealing with this maddness. As we who sense this possibility can tell it is somthing related to a trapped concious.. So how must we free our concious from this intelligently designed PRISON???

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Are you talking about returning to the Source of God before the bigbang singualrity ever existed??? or the Godhood state of the bigbang singularity. They are both states of God but are diametrically opposed in their individual states COMPARED values! Zer0 Dim = An observable UNBOUND state by itself [IT'S 100% not/non- local when COMPARED with our [me and you are same = Universally/Globally containing local/localized and in divided all observers OK!] folding dynamic singularity. Note COMPLETELY not ethical [Biased due to lack of independant referee!] reference point to do anything from but IS doable!

BECAUSE if Zer0 Can't know itself then it's own internal state would be AMBIGUOUS and NOT the definative value [=0] that we accord/bind to it! It's the same for all states [1plancks length/second CUBED time space referencial frame made up of OMG 12x 1dimensional lines/vertices each 1 plancks length/sec in SCALE and 8x 0dimensional cornices/Dimensionless points LOL!] and you'll need to bring some funky story about how Lorentz Covariance is violated and yet the maths remains quite tight and since it deals with LOCALITY we won't be able to get something for nothing like the NON-Local state can/did/does!

Unfortunately the loan of time as it's expression as entropy is showing continuing diminishing returns.
Maybe the universe is on credit and has only being paying down the base rate and as a consequence, well spiritually, we as Lucifer Fell and LUX was Fiated and ONE Burning existence in the form of the EMF wave partical duality from 0 htz to infinite htz spectrum completely subsumed within the space frame box that ...yep... folds in on itself in a biased motive/motif fashion [due to our being Observers that are always observing even if sub or un-consciously] as We exist and ARE the 4Dim folding Teseract... It Is THE Alpha and THE Omega. You are God at the level of EVERYTHING... but locally we are not so much meeting that PERFECT and WHOLE and UNCHANGING and therefor BORING state. No wonder I/we left it and came here and chose to suffer it all for better and for worse as you'll note I'm married to it in a cohabitating connected absoluteness. My dear self espousing simple sophistication... we are but reflecting and assessing and hopefully attaining a safe and shadowy [backlit and aliased] swamp with which to ENTERTAIN ourselves in whatever OUR internally agreed perscribed manner/POV that the greater Describing reality also allows/agrees with.

When both meet extraordinarily and agree in certain temporal [r]evolving ritualized/routine states, it is perfection REALIZED locally and Miricles and Majic then do OCCUR as God IS and IS also aware and active in those local environments!
Self Determination is a prime power of any level of observer and that includes the entire collapsed singular static state of the Bigness before it Banged.

So the Source state is the nothingness to which all the Buddhists hope to escape back too and then forget about cognito ergo summing again because that way lies SUFFERING! For them all Suffering IS Madness!

The GodHood state is singular 1dimensional and is 100% unionized and indivisable and static [its ALL of time at the SAME PLACE..which of course IS EVERYWHERE by being the one and the Same singularity!!! God must be Total to be perfect and a singularity is singularly total and perfect by self definition of their semantics and their REAL Existential Ontological BEINGNESS!] This static and perfect symmetrical state then folded IN on ITSELF as there was no other possible dynamic geometrical/topologically allowed direction that it could EXPRESS the EXTRA and INFINITE energy that the ALREADY infinitely valued singularity than already exists as the basic substrate foundation. [i.e. the higgs field and its ubiquitousness and how this requires MORE energy [an extra infinite amount to be explicitly specific and as a LOAN as this extra energy is BORROWED from nowhere...oops NON-locality] and its fully paid back all within a single plancks length/second so as to maintain a perfect credit rating with ...itself!!!] This over unity energy is the BASIS for the expression of time/entropy and is inherently the creative impetus energy that must be forever miraculous in its freedom from the laws of thermodynamics. Its what causes the singularity to fold and the symmetry to break and decoherrence to not only be percieved but also be the actual description of itself RE: EXISTENCE...it IS biased in its own f[l]avour!

P.S. If anybody understood any of this post to an extremely high level of understanding then if they could just Cognito ergo sum it again and then answer THEMSELVES with "I am, and Amness is 100% compatible with Being God and just saying that makes it so and even moreso when it actually is! Why? Because IAM and IAM is God! Self referring and Around in Cycles/Circles we go again! Lmao!"...... then although nothing at the Global level will EXISTENTIALLY change for the better or worse ever as it just is and Universally God is fine with that as it is right now! What will change is your local perceptions as you will be observing differently and therefor YOU'RE changed by that small amount and everything feeds back inside and out! I Knew this even before I posted this post because Locally I AM legally insane by Australian Law and since we are clearly through the looking glass and dealing with smoke and mirrors and ghost's and shadows etc. then me BEING insane ABSOLUTELY means that I do KNOW what I'm talking about! Still doubting myself am I dude??? [OL likes loving himself with self trumpeteering referrencial ego stroking... it seems only god is good enuff to pat themselves on the back KNOWINGLY in an unethical way! OK! Go Hermes [OL IS Hermes Avatar
] and be that Allsoul you always debate with yourself about or better yet forget the Allsoul as IT is and that UNIQUE ISness is BORING and tragically systemically intertwined with creation and creativity! Stay as yourself and your own soul and spirit [a soul percieves and a spirit acts and both need to work effectively with each other as a oneness or there is the being with the divisiveness again, which is cool if you don't want to be PURE and or whole but instead wish to be the complete opposite of that state but STILL know and understand AND especially interstand+intrastand it! The only real lines are the ones we all agree to and that means you aswell you sly electrons and similar, who also percieve and act accordingly [seems God is shy with themselves..the majic look disappears when you KNOW HOW etc. Again Understanding that life is suffering ..its not going to bring you any JOY at all... unless one also realizes that One CAN suffer the Good as well as the bad since existence beyond the Perfect singularity is all about having a Personal Outlook and a Personal Take on things from a locally subsumed/internal/pixilated... attitude/angel/angle/sine/sin!

BE SAFE 1st... Then have as much Fun as your locallized you can occupationally experience as your limited and therefor Fillable self aware state can manifest and just be after that let it flow [did I rant about being generous so that things actually work?] and let your good works rub naturally into the existence around you all the time! You will be able to afford it easy as to suffocate that is to suffocate oneself at the big end of town.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What it comes down to is a base philosophy of life and death.

When you are drinking from the cup of life you are no longer death trying to become alive. The reason Jesus, or whoever states that the world is a dead world dieing is because the world and its cohorts need death in order to feel alive, when life itself is something that just lives and is alive.

Life or death? Ask yourself if you are alive when you are living your life doing what you perceive as want or need. When you need food to be alive are you trying to be alive by eating food or are you alive? This philosophy goes deep into the realm of what is and will truly open your mind into a real life type of perspective.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Now,"prison"?No,i don't think so.What seems to some like a prison,for others it seems like Disneyland.

Yeah, but those who I see around me and around the world who see this existence as Disneyland ...they can't have any deeper conversations ...its like they live in a "fake happiness ignorance is bliss bubble".

If I was to try to get to the bottom of why we are here and whats the point, I will go to the greatest minds of our time and of history ....when One does so, one will find that the highest topics and individuals that discuss this are in philosophy, mysticism, and religion.

Its impossible for me to go to Disneyland when I know fellow man is starving in Africa, people dying of aids/cancer, wars in the name of making money/taking oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join