It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me tell you why illegals are a blessing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When the negatives and positives are both weighed in regards to illegals living in America, the negatives FAR outweigh the positives.

There are generations of folks that served our country and contributed to the system in which we have in place. It is completely UNFAIR to those who contributed to this country to be treated equally or in many instances WORST then those who have NOT contributed a single DIME to it.

Illegals simply do NOT deserve to prosper within a system to which generations of legal American citizens have contributed and sacrificed for since its creation.

I really cannot believe that there are folks who shamelessly show support for criminals. Being here illegally is a CRIME.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think I see the overall futuristic plan.

Everyone in America works for minimum wage, because minimum wage is all that everyone in America will require to live comfortably. Wall street tycoons and McDonald's counter people will all work for minimum wage.

That means the price of a flat screen television will go from five hundred dollars down to about fifty dollars......all we have to do is convince China to sell their manufactured products at these reduced prices.

Nothing in Wal-Mart will cost more than fifty dollars. Ninety percent of everything in Wal-Mart will sell for under five dollars.

WhY? Because America has learned how to live on cheap labor in order to bring down the cost of everything we buy.

Houses with swimming pools will once again sell for five thousand dollars. Just like they did back in the 1960s. Everyone in America should be able to afford a nice home with a swimming pool.

I foresee a bright future ahead for America if only Americans can be foreward looking.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
Of course, the part I don't understand is if American corporations are setting up shop in Mexico, why are Mexicans coming to America?

Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs |
The ...May 3, 2006 ...
MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexicans are returning to Mexico to find jobs.

Even with the US jobs being shipped to Mexico it is not enough to
keep up with rapid population growth there.

If they shifted to working just part time it would work, but most ppl
end up wanting the full time work for more pay.

So those who cannot get full time work there come north, and the
pay in the US is higher than it is in Mexico.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

So, let me see if I get this straight. There are too many Mexicans in Mexico. Because everyone is having five or six or seven children in Mexico. And there's not enough jobs in Mexico for all the Mexicans born there.

And the Mexicans born in Mexico aren't getting government welfare subsidies for being born in Mexico.

But if they come to America to have their children in American hospitals, our government gives them welfare subsidies.

So, really, no Mexicans really don't have to work because the government is paying for their children on a monthly basis.

The only Mexicans who are working are the Mexicans who stayed in Mexico to work in the American corporations set up there....because for some reaons these Mexicans can't get to America.

Or they aren't having children to raise in America on welfare.

I think I have a better understanding of how the system works.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The whole "Illegals" keep the country afloat argument is BS.

Prevailing wages and the cost of living in the United States do not balance out. Corporations are to blame for that.

When I was a kid, my father as well as friends of his always had a fall back side job of dry walling, or doing some construction to supplement their income for their families. Not today. When I was out of work for 2 years, I couldn't find a job in construction to save my life. I actually DID stand outside of Home Depot to see if I could get some work, and no one would bother. They would pick up 3 illegals for $100 a day.

Its not that they keep the country afloat, its that their "I'll work for $2.00 an hour" attitude has brought wages to a bare minimum. I'm sorry but citizens can not afford to live for such low wages in this country. If the cost of living were reduced, perhaps. But when a gallon of gas costs you an hours work, or a gallon of milk costs you almost 2. Are you seriously saying American workers should "suck it up and learn to live like that"? Gimme a break.

Oh... and check out what Obama's "Technology Czar" has just done. Didn't Obama swear up and down that he was going to keep IT jobs in America? Yet now they are sending $3 BILLION dollars overseas to train workers in Sri Lanka J2EE programming, and how to improve their help desk skills.

WTF???

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by TheOracle

So let me get this straight... the good thing about 'illegals' is that US citizens can exploit them? That's only a couple of small steps away from condoning sweatshops IMHO.

IRM

You can call this exploitation, but don't you think they come in droves looking for work because they are paid much more than in Mexico?

I am not saying it is ok to exploit people, but to them it is an opportunity. To you it is slavery, like many who prefer not to work because it's not paid enough. Because so many are enslaved to a lavish lifestyle.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Its not that they keep the country afloat, its that their "I'll work for $2.00 an hour" attitude has brought wages to a bare minimum. I'm sorry but citizens can not afford to live for such low wages in this country. If the cost of living were reduced, perhaps. But when a gallon of gas costs you an hours work, or a gallon of milk costs you almost 2. Are you seriously saying American workers should "suck it up and learn to live like that"? Gimme a break.

WTF???

You either suck it up or stand up against your corrupt govt and demand changes.
The french love to do it and it works. That's why their living conditions are much better.
Take your anger to the streets instead of typing little words on a freaking computer.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

You can call this exploitation, but don't you think they come in droves looking for work because they are paid much more than in Mexico?

Sure but they aren't in Mexico any more. By US standards, they are exploited. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the illegals should be in the US. They should be deported.

I am not saying it is ok to exploit people, but to them it is an opportunity.

If someone perceives they are getting a good deal, it doesn't mean they aren't being hoodwinked. Perception doesn't change what it is.

To you it is slavery, like many who prefer not to work because it's not paid enough.

Are you saying I don't work? PSML!

so many are enslaved to a lavish lifestyle.

I agree!

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes, because we see how well protest in this country works.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sometimes I get the feeling that illegals are saying that they would rather live in a bad situation in American than to live in a 'good' situation in Mexico. Makes you wonder what it would take to make Mexico a more liveable place. I mean, there's parts of Mexica that are great for tourists. But tourists leave. And I guess too many Mexicans don't make enough money to be able to go on a vacation. It probably hurts those Mexicans to see tourists live it up at Club Med. Sometimes I just hate the unfairness of it all. I wish I could do something more.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
Being here illegally is a CRIME.

No, it's not. That's the problem. There's no federal crime on the books for being in the country illegally. All we can do is deport them.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Yes, because we see how well protest in this country works.

I second that and add a very good source here:
vietnam protest and police response

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sometimes I get the feeling that illegals are saying that they would rather live in a bad situation in American than to live in a 'good' situation in Mexico. Makes you wonder what it would take to make Mexico a more liveable place. I mean, there's parts of Mexica that are great for tourists. But tourists leave. And I guess too many Mexicans don't make enough money to be able to go on a vacation. It probably hurts those Mexicans to see tourists live it up at Club Med. Sometimes I just hate the unfairness of it all. I wish I could do something more.

Actually 80% of Mexicans live in Mexico and are happy enough. Many of the ones you see going to the US have just fallen for the American Dream hype. Which is probably placed into all the media we get coming out of the US for that very reason. Getting the third world populace wanting to go north so they can be used for cheap labor.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I suppose the cheap labor negative thing can be offset with welfare checks and foodstamps for illegals. Plus, there is the loverwhelming advantage of having a child born an automatic American citizen. I mean, what else are taxes from American citizens for if we can't support our neighbors from the south? I sure wish Canada would get a conscience and open up their borders. Canadians would feel so much better about themselves if they did the humanitarian thing. Like we are doing. I know I feel so much better about myself since the judge ruled against Arizona.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
keep up with rapid population growth there

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Of course, the part I don't understand is if American corporations are setting up shop in Mexico, why are Mexicans coming to America?

Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs |
The ...May 3, 2006 ...
MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexicans are returning to Mexico to find jobs.

Even with the US jobs being shipped to Mexico it is not enough to
keep up with rapid population growth there.

If they shifted to working just part time it would work, but most ppl
end up wanting the full time work for more pay.

So those who cannot get full time work there come north, and the
pay in the US is higher than it is in Mexico.

Actually Mexico's population growth is actually on par with the United States which is around 1%. Well below the world wide average. The fact that the people from there come to the United States is because the wages are even lower doing more work over there even with all the jobs that had been shipped over, then they are up here doing jobs that we wouldn't even consider.

Edit: Link to World Bank, population growth.
data.worldbank.org...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Procession101]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Procession101]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

You said you wondered what it would take to make Mexico a desirable place to live because so many Mexicans have run north prefering their situation in the US over whatever situation they may have been in in Mexico.

My point was that the American Dream is painted as a better situation than their situation in Mexico but it really isn't all it's made out to be. Once in the US they have no choice but to tough it out because many borrow money to get to the land of milk and honey and have to pay that back before they can even think about going home.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I've seen lately too much animosity regarding illegal aliens trying to make a living in the US. Let me tell you this: Illegals are a good thing for the US.

Look at the US industries. We can all see that way too many are outsourcing, unable to compete against China's cheap labour or just being greedy cutting costs to fill the pockets of those fat cats. Now that is a real problem.
What illegals do is maintain a lot of businesses afloat with their cheap workforce.
Remove the illegals and an already bad economy will simply collapse. A lo of businesses are barely able to make ends meet, they rely on cheap labour! It is either that or close shop or give those jobs to chinese workers.
Every business count, because businesses are big customers for other businesses too and they don't hire only illegals.
Going after illegals is just like shooting your own foot.

So by your reasoning, we would be paying more for products? This simply is not true if it were than we wouldn't have articles like this

However the underlying strength in the wholesale price of other food products is unlikely to abate. Just as we experienced during 2007 and early 2008, increases in the price of underlying commodities (such as corn, wheat and vegetable oil) are driving wholesale costs higher. Ultimately if this upward pressure on wholesale costs continues (as I anticipate), the higher prices will be passed on to consumers, resulting in an acceleration of consumer food inflation.

While the U.S. economy remains in recession, the price of major commodities related to food production has rebounded sharply over the past 3-6 months. The price of corn, a key feed ingredient for livestock producers, has risen by 26 percent since December and is about 60 percent above historic norms. Soy, oil and wheat prices have rebounded by 20 percent and 10 percent respectively. The price of beef trimmings (used to make hamburgers) and chicken has risen by over 20 percent.

My Source

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by fred call

You said you wondered what it would take to make Mexico a desirable place to live because so many Mexicans have run north prefering their situation in the US over whatever situation they may have been in in Mexico.

My point was that the American Dream is painted as a better situation than their situation in Mexico but it really isn't all it's made out to be. Once in the US they have no choice but to tough it out because many borrow money to get to the land of milk and honey and have to pay that back before they can even think about going home.

Yeah, I suppose once a Mexican gives a coyote all his or her money, and she gets to America to discover that America is not kind to him or her, what can a Mexican do?

Kind of reminds me of those Asians who pay a smuggler to put them in a shipping container. Then four months later someone opens the shipping container to find all the Asians are dead from lack of oxygen, food and water.

Ah, but it is hazardous to smuggle one's self into America. I would hope Mexican and Asian schools would teach their students the liabilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join