It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me tell you why illegals are a blessing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've seen lately too much animosity regarding illegal aliens trying to make a living in the US. Let me tell you this: Illegals are a good thing for the US.

Look at the US industries. We can all see that way too many are outsourcing, unable to compete against China's cheap labour or just being greedy cutting costs to fill the pockets of those fat cats. Now that is a real problem.
What illegals do is maintain a lot of businesses afloat with their cheap workforce.
Remove the illegals and an already bad economy will simply collapse. A lo of businesses are barely able to make ends meet, they rely on cheap labour! It is either that or close shop or give those jobs to chinese workers.
Every business count, because businesses are big customers for other businesses too and they don't hire only illegals.
Going after illegals is just like shooting your own foot.

And the vast majority of them have no choice but work hard, therefore they consume and keep this economic ecosystem going. They don't have the option to live on welfare you know.

The real anger should be directed at the politicians and corrupted regime sitting at the white house. They are the ones guilty of killing the US industries. They could stop spending on wars and rebuild the manufacturing powerhouse the US used to be.

Deny ignorance, fight the real enemy.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree except, this might be the solution that Americans simply will NOT accept.

Work for those wages, you can still kick out the illegals, but the Americans that replace them might have to work for those same cheap wages.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe everyone is just way overpaid. Maybe some deflation has to occur. Wages in this country hasn't kept up with inflation. People are making the same wage as they were years ago.

Otherwise, if Americans don't want to make that sacrifice, they are just gonna have to keep them darn illegals doing those crap jobs.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
immigrants are a blessing,couse when someone has a computer full of viruses they will come and fix it for 15$ and make it to never catch a virus again,instead of you paying a "professionalist" 150$ an hour to install "microsoft updates" axxaaxaxaxxaxaxa

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
They're not a blessing or a curse. They're people who are here illegally.

That has its consequences (some good, some not so good).

And people can discuss and twist and generalize and rationalize this in one hundred different ways (some good, some not so good, some admirable, some not so admirable)

But the fact is we have laws that govern this, and they can become blessings legally too.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

So let me get this straight... the good thing about 'illegals' is that US citizens can exploit them? That's only a couple of small steps away from condoning sweatshops IMHO.

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi All,

There's been so many threads on Illegal Immigration in America, I really think it should have it's own section.

Each side to this argument seems to be unable to budge from their perspectives and has created some rather nasty infighting amongst some ATS members.

The only thing I can add:

No offence intended, but if you go back in history, we were all illegal immigrants at some time.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Soon as they become legal, try the very same people work on your computer for $15/00. On contrast, whiz kids from schools and colleges would just be delighted to work on your computer for $ 15/00. You have just to find them. One place is look for them on craigs list.
The illegals will not go away because cheap labor is used by Politicians. If you snoop around, you will find them in the Homes of Hillary Clinton and big politicians of that sort. The only catch is, the cheap labor doesn't qualify for Medical and this is where politicians are trying to socialize the system. So if their servants get sick, they can go somewhere and get the medical help.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm sure that the SEIU will unionize the sweat shops to give more rights to illegal workers. America has a history of solving worker's problems. Union sweatshops would have better ventilation and adequate coffee breaks. There would also be a pension plan created for illegal workers. After thirty years in a sweat shop, an illegal can return to Mexico to live off the pension. There might even be implemented a stock option buy in to the sweatshop for illegals. I see so many positives in having illegals and a chanin of sweat shops throughout America. Some day the working privileges will be so good that Americans will want to work in the sweat shops.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes, they get paid more when they are legal. They also pay social security, federal income tax, school tax, can get on their employers health care plan, etc etc etc.

Or they get paid under the table, report no income, get every federal assistance program created since 1950, and drain the taxpayer's money into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
immigrants are a blessing,couse when someone has a computer full of viruses they will come and fix it for 15$ and make it to never catch a virus again,instead of you paying a "professionalist" 150$ an hour to install "microsoft updates" axxaaxaxaxxaxaxa

People are complaining that the Pentagon is spending too much money on such matters as cyber security. Think of the savings to the American taxpayers if the Pentagon's computer system could be maintained by illegals at a cost saving wage. Just in the Pentagon alone I foresee saving millions of dollars per year. Once the American banking system sees these benefits, some of the banking fees to customers might be eliminated because of the vast savings of having illegals oversee the banking computer system. In no time at all, illegals will be saving Wall Street buckets of money.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

I agree wholeheartedly with your point. But after a point where the first illegal immigrants came and their atrocities were perpetrated on the Native Americans, a government was established, many many people did come here legally.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm sure that the SEIU will unionize the sweat shops to give more rights to illegal workers. America has a history of solving worker's problems. Union sweatshops would have better ventilation and adequate coffee breaks. There would also be a pension plan created for illegal workers. After thirty years in a sweat shop, an illegal can return to Mexico to live off the pension. There might even be implemented a stock option buy in to the sweatshop for illegals. I see so many positives in having illegals and a chanin of sweat shops throughout America. Some day the working privileges will be so good that Americans will want to work in the sweat shops.

I'll take that as poor humour!

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Yes, they get paid more when they are legal. They also pay social security, federal income tax, school tax, can get on their employers health care plan, etc etc etc.

Maybe paying taxes will be more of an incentive for illegals learning to speak English. I see a 'good' domino effect by illegals being assimilated into the system.

What about the UAW? Workers making thirty five dollars per hour on the automobile assembly lines will be a thing of the past. Wages will get back down to under ten dollars per hour with illegals. Taxes on ten dollars is better than no taxes at all. Plus, that will bring the price of automobiles down considerably. Everyone in America can own a Cadillac.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Overlooking and exploiting illegals as a cheap
workforce,is just a few steps away from becoming
slavery!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You all but endorse indentured servitude, and you say I'm the one that needs to deny ignorance?

First of all, illegals aren't keeping anything "afloat," least of all our battered economy. You claim that if illegals weren't here, their jobs would go to the Chinese. Exactly what would be outsourced? Would the farms these illegals work magically be transported to the Far East? Or the construction projects they slave over day after day? No offense, but I don't see a market for exported three-story modulars opening up in Beijing anytime soon...

Not to mention the fact that your assessment that they "consume" with what money they have is seriously flawed. First, they make next to nothing because of unscrupulous employers, so their contributions are minimal (and ethically corrupt because of those very same employers). Second, research statistics on how much money gets sent back to Mexico or Ecuador or Nicaragua from the U.S. every year by these individuals and then tell me how much they're helping out the economy.

I agree that a good amount of anger should be directed at Washington, but until such a time as they get off their corrupt rears and do something, it's up to the states to take care of the problem themselves, Eric Holder not withstanding...

Lastly, you forget the most important aspect of illegal immigration - the crime. A good number are hardworking, decent people... some of them are not - and those people are using the former as cover for everything from social security fraud to cartel actions across the border.

I know, I know we would now have every apologist on ATS coming out of the wood work telling me that we should do nothing because crime is committed by legal citizens every day, or that it's the Fed's responsibility to handle the problem - but all the moral relativism in the world doesn't change the fact that such problems created by illegals wouldn't exist if you people would just accept the fact that the word "illegal" in front of "illegal immigrant" is there for a reason - i.e., that every problem above wouldn't exist if the tide of people choosing the cheap and easy way into this country would be stemmed. We have enough trouble with crime committed by our own citizens without having those here unlawfully adding to the headache.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Of course, the part I don't understand is if American corporations are setting up shop in Mexico, why are Mexicans coming to America?

Illegal Immigrants Returning To Mexico For American Jobs |
The ...May 3, 2006 ...
MEXICO CITY—As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexicans are returning to Mexico to find jobs.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

But that is the solution. That is the solution to America's economic problem, that is the solution to the illegal problem too.

Americans need to be a cheap source of labor.

Deflation has to happen. Someone has to be able to live off of the wages an illegal makes. If you were an employer and you could choose between an illegal and an American for the same price, wouldn't you choose the American?

reply to post by fred call

SOURCES, dude, you have been a member of this site for nearly 6 years now, SOURCES!

[edit on 8/5/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Illegals send a lot of their earnings back to Mexico via wires services.

They have sprung up on the south side of the metro like mad here.

We now call South OKC little Mexico.

We are rightly on the sanctuary city list.

A lot of them get WIC and foodstamps even though they are not
US citizens.

It is taxing the citizens to maintain a lower paid serf class that
works for the trust fund kiddies and the over paid government shills
living in splendor off the largess of the tax base.

The prices of good and services going up and ppl saying we need
lower wages is EXACTLY what happened in the great depression.

The ppl calling for lower wages will cause a further contraction
and it begins what is called a deflationary spiral.

It has already begun, and if things keep moving in the current
direction it will get a lot worse.

I advocate for the collapse of the current system thru a method
called starve the beast. You want to shrink big corrupt government
then move to a part time job, grow a garden and ride a bike.

If a large segment of the nation started peaceful non cooperation
as taught by Gandhi it would bring down the current system.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Hi All,

There's been so many threads on Illegal Immigration in America, I really think it should have it's own section.

Each side to this argument seems to be unable to budge from their perspectives and has created some rather nasty infighting amongst some ATS members.

The only thing I can add:

No offence intended, but if you go back in history, we were all illegal immigrants at some time.

Cheers
Shane
It seems like in every thread on illegal immigration, there's always that one uniformed person who posts up the "our country was founded by illegals" argument.
1. Illegal means you would have to have violated a law
2. Indians were fighting over hunting land before Europeans came (for instance, the plains indians www.lakhota.com... page 11)
3. Europeans conquering America is not the same as sneaking into it illegally and doing low wage jobs
4. This is appeal to history (www.criticalthinking.org.uk...)

link   
I dont get it its simple if your ilegal you should be arrested and deported get couaght again. then do some hard time in federal prison. If you cant speak english or you have the illegal look then law enforcement should look for your papers. Being an American is a privilage not a right. Yes I am pro profiling. So if your illegal watch out when your getting ice cream with your children lol. Stupid Obama send his self back to Kenya.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join