It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of ufo & alien b/s

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I.m sure some threads are allowed where anyone sceptical is able to give his/her opinion...i,m not in any way knocking anyone else if their opinions differ..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Just curious...

when your watching T.V, do you turn to show's you don't like...and sit there seething about what's on T.V?

When you surf the web, so you continuously visit sites you don't agree with or topics your sick of....and then sit there reading, using your time being disgruntled about what's on your monitor?

I hope you answered.... "no"?
Why then, would you visit the UFO section of a forum,( when this site has many other element's) and announce how your sick of UFO's...

I mean.. just asking... Seems like common sense to me..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
CHURCHILL COVERED UP UFOS

Not going to say anything else. This is very real, and governments have been covering it up for decades now.
How do we know this isnt misinformation? AHHH it sucks not knowing whats real and what isnt doesnt it?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Now you are just splitting hairs
Don't tell the man to leave just because he has a different opinion.

And if some man yelled "I am sick of all this religious B/S" in a church they probably wouldn't tell him to leave.
They would of probably discussed it.

This is directed to lord bucket also

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If you believe that the UFO mystery originated with Roswell in 1947 you need to dig a little deeper. UFO's have been with us through out recorded history.

But since you brought up Roswell 1947, You are trying to say a Colonel in the only A-bomb flight wing in the US Army Air Corp can not tell a "Flying Saucer" from a weather ballon, come on now if you can believe that story you are really gullible. I am sure you also know that the US Air Force has changed their Roswell Offical story four times already. The trade mark of the lie is you can't keep your story straight.

The bottom line on are UFO's real is a settled fact. They do exsist.
Now the only real question is Who and Why.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Just curious,

If you don't agree with people who are sceptical of UFO's & Aliens, what are you doing in this thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just not come here?

I mean.. just asking... Seems like common sense to me.

You will find arguments for and against in every forum. Get used to it! In any case, the larger portion of photos and videos that are posted here are fake. They do more to hurt UFOlogy than people who are sceptical... or completely sick of the BS that's infiltrating & killing the field of research. I suggest you focus your energies on removing those negative aspects instead.

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
Becuase time is Relative it actually wouldn't take that long at all. If you could travel 99.9% the speed of light, it only takes the occupants 20 months to travel 37 light years. At 99.99% the speed of light it would take 6 months to go 37 light years.

Huh?
If you're traveling at the speed of light to an object 37 light years from here, it would obviously take you 37 years to reach! How have you arrived at a figure of 6 months??? Alien physics??
According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time is relative to the frame of reference and passes more slowly when traveling at relativistic velocities. So not alien physics, but relativistic physics might make what seems like 37 years to one observer seem like only 6 months to another observer in a different inertial reference frame.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
CHURCHILL COVERED UP UFOS

Not going to say anything else. This is very real, and governments have been covering it up for decades now.

That above link should be retitled "CHURCHILL COVERED UP UFOS CLAIMS ANONYMOUS 1999 LETTER TO MOD FROM A THIRD-HAND SOURCE".

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by OrionHunterX

What he means is that because of time dilation, the occupants in a ship travelling 37 light years would only age 6 months. It would still take 37 years to get there, but the person would only be 6 months older.

Ah right! I wish he had elucidated like you did!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have seen many many UFOs over the years. That alone would only lead me to question them being Alien or Earthly. I think both.

But the real kicker came when I saw and met with a live alien being once in person.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand your frustration but humanity will not be ready for another couple hundred years, if they make it that far.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Just curious,

If you don't agree with people who are sceptical of UFO's & Aliens, what are you doing in this thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just not come here?

I mean.. just asking... Seems like common sense to me.

You will find arguments for and against in every forum. Get used to it! In any case, the larger portion of photos and videos that are posted here are fake. They do more to hurt UFOlogy than people who are sceptical... or completely sick of the BS that's infiltrating & killing the field of research. I suggest you focus your energies on removing those negative aspects instead.

IRM

Never said i didn't agree with people who are skeptical of UFO's. Please show me where i said that
So let me clear that up for your little self... I think being skeptical is a good thang. No matter what the topic is.

The poster started a *thread* in the UFO forum about being sick of UFO's. I was already here, because UFO's interest me. I entered the thread being curious....I think my questions were legit ... and i AM actually curious if the poster does that.. i think it's funny.

I see that people here have a difference of opinion, if they didn't, this entire site would be boring. But i also see people on here that make post's just to Argue, or to see themselves type... I've already got used to THAT little fact one here.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Get in line my friend,
this has been a hot topic here for a long time..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can't believe that UFO's have any real legitimacy only because of a mathematical principle.

For this example, know that thousands of light years are needed to reach other galaxies that would have alien planets and beings with UFO intelligence. What is it that would make them find our little (needle) planet in this huge infinite haystack? What technology do they have to tell them to fly this way when they could fly off a bazillion different ways? Something is so strange about this.

Now don't think that I do not believe that these things are real. My sons even saw them for 2.5 hours last summer over British Columbia, watched them the whole time. These are real, but methinks that they are something other than what we think.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I.m sure some threads are allowed where anyone sceptical is able to give his/her opinion...i,m not in any way knocking anyone else if their opinions differ..

I didn't pose my questions to offend you. When i read your post, i gathered you were sick of UFO's in GENERAL, and didn't like the subject as a whole...

Thats why i asked what i did. If your skeptical of the UFO info that's being posted on this site, i could understand that. I, myself have entered threads where in all caps they claim to HAVE PROOF OF UFO'S!!!!!, and threw up in my mouth a little when clicking on a video that was.... dark, shaky and not unlike 0923865981236 other video's that have no SOLID proof. I feel ya.

My other question to everyone making guess's about how long it takes A SPACESHIP to get here, is.... how do you know they are coming in spaceships? Is mind travel not an option?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

But, until i see one shaking hands with a world leader, i'll take a back seat.

Stand Up!

And on TV!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Actually, the closest star to Earth is Sun which would be reached in a little more than 8 minutes.

As for other stars, closest one is Proxima Centauri. You'd need to travel for 4 years and 2 months to reach it at the speed of light.

Saying 5 years...i was close enough..

Streach your mind a little bit and imagine, as reported time and time again from UFO sightings, that those craft are capable of cancelling their mass. Under such a condition, any limits you want to assume via Einsteinian physics goes out the window.
Simply put, my second signature line says it all. (Note: Anti-gravity we hear so much about as applied to UFO propulsion is not the same as anti-mass. That's like the difference between a kite and s Moon rocket.)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just my humble opinion, but if you are truly sick and tired you need to see a doctor and get some rest, not waste time on this forum where people are truly trying to get at the truth.

We're here because we want to learn and improve our understanding of a bona fide enigma -we are trying to find some answers to legitimate questions.

To get those answers (or at least closer to them) we need to ask the questions. We need to ask them all, we need to ask them often, and we need to keep asking them.

No, sir, we are NOT (unlike you, apparently) sick and tired of the UFO and Alien story because the story is still being told and we are intrigued and interested and curious to see how it may develop and how it will culminate in what must be a profound change for humanity.

WHY are we not sick and tired of it? because we want to know - we NEED to know - if we are alone in the universe. Most of us, including professionals, scientists, and lay citizenry alike, suspect that we are indeed not alone, and we are merely trying to validate that with some proof - undeniable, irrefutable, universal proof. So far we haven't got it. Lot's of fascinating stories, fuzzy pictures, covert assertions, conspiracy theories, hollywood movies, etc. - but not yet the real deal.

You see, my good fellow, here's the thing: We want to validate or repudiate this questions because it would mean profound changes in the evolution of human kind. If we finally get proof that we are not alone then we can MOVE ON and develop and grow and perhaps reach for the stars ourselves. It would mean that we have hope of surviving, that sentient creatures can get past technology without blowing themselves up, that we share the galaxy with perhaps many, many others and we can mature and develop and learn from them.

The corollary is equally important: If we are indeed alone, and there is no one else that is just as significant for us since it means our lives, and our little blue water planet, is truly unique and special and we had better take care of it and ourselves or suffer a fate worse than death - the annihilation of the human species. Is that not a good enough reason to keep seeking the truth to this query?

So you can appreciate perhaps why some of us are in fact not at all "sick and tired" of this topic and in fact will pursue t and study it and communicate it between and among each other relentlessly.

We will even tolerate the occasional buffoon that strolls through hoping to ruffle a few feathers. We know such episodes are fleeting and temporary. We know that once you see your not getting the reaction and empathy you were seeking you will crawl on to some other thread. That's ok. We wish you well in spite of yourself...

For the rest of us... carry on ---and keep looking up

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Outrageo]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by seanizle

whats the evidence that churchill covered up any ufo reports?

Actually I wouldn't be surprised. If you look at his family history you'll see that Churchill's father helped to conceal the identities of 'Jack The Ripper'. Now you'll notice I said identities. Cause there was more of one of them.

The famous Foo Fighter sightings of WW2 were covered up too by Churchill. Remember he was a part of the Babylonian Brotherhood aka the New World Order. That's why we have so much scepticism regarding UFO's. They ain't telling going to tell us sh*t if it affects their bank accounts!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Your perrogative. Just stop reading the threads that have to do with UFO's or aliens. Solved. Sorry, I have no sympathy for anyone who is sick of anything because it is up to you to choose what to read.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This is post is really awful and does not deserve the 4 flags it has already received but since it's also factually incorrect, I'll bite.

Hi peeps, Is anyone else getting a bit fed up of aliens & ufo's. All this started in 1947 at roswell,

Roswell is a bad case, I wouldn't focus too much on it.

You wanna know, to get to the nearest star to earth would take 5 years travelling at the speed of light which is 186,000 miles per second. would you wanna bother to make that journey just to have a look around.

Would I? Strawman. Making guesses as to "your feelings" on such a journey within the framework of our current understanding/technological capabilities is ridiculous.

Furthermore you're statement on the journey taking 5 years at the speed of light is wrong. If you could design a ship that travelled that fast, time would slow to a near stop, from the vantage of your local reference frame.

i,ve never once seen a pic or video..that shows me a 101% genuine ufo etc.

So what? How would you even know if it's real or fake anyway? Are you an image analysis expert or something?

But, until i see one shaking hands with a world leader, i'll take a back seat.

You'll get bored in the back seat waiting for this cliched presidential handshake.

Also, if that is all that qualifies as proof to you then why are you even here in this forum? There is honestly no other "proof" that would satisfiy you? What if aliens don't shake hands, what if they do jumping chest bumps?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Scramjet76]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join