It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of ufo & alien b/s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi peeps, Is anyone else getting a bit fed up of aliens & ufo's. All this started in 1947 at roswell, ever since...people have gone Hypo for ufo's etc. i,ve never once seen a pic or video..that shows me a 101% genuine ufo etc. You wanna know, to get to the nearest star to earth would take 5 years travelling at the speed of light which is 186,000 miles per second. would you wanna bother to make that journey just to have a look around.
i,m not for one minute saying that et life does'nt exist...im sure it does all over the universe. But, until i see one shaking hands with a world leader, i'll take a back seat.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by union_jack]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
sorry...my apologies...i meant to say travelling at the speed of light, which i,ve now corrected.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
CHURCHILL COVERED UP UFOS

Not going to say anything else. This is very real, and governments have been covering it up for decades now.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

whats the evidence that churchill covered up any ufo reports?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Don't get sick! Psychology plays a big part here. You see, it's getting so bad that people are looking up to the heavens for divine intervention! And so they see all sorts of things like 'UFOs' in the form of those ubiquitous dots in the sky! They see those aliens coming down one day and saving all the believers, probably take them all to Proxima Centauri. As for the non believers they'll remain here to burn in the fires of hell!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Becuase time is Relative it actually wouldn't take that long at all. If you could travel 99.9% the speed of light, it only takes the occupants 20 months to travel 37 light years. At 99.99% the speed of light it would take 6 months to go 37 light years.

To get up to the speed of light all you have to do is accelerate at 1g for a year. This can be done with nuclear fusion.

And these are just conventional methods.

There are many different ways to get from "there to here".

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

getting a bit fed up of aliens & ufo's

You do realize that you're posting in the "Aliens and UFOs" forum?

If it really bothers you so much, you could stop reading posts here. Posting in this forum announcing that you're sick of this forums named topic is tantamount to walking into a chuch and saying you're sick of religion.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I can understand the frustration but I am thankfully not in the same frame of mind as the op not because I blindly base in the visitation hypothesis on something as dangerous as faith but because I have seen these things with my own eyes, and on more than one occasion. Even my daughters have seen them, my wife and a neighbour so no, I do think one hundred percent that we are being visited and I also think that this is kept from us and taxpayer’s moneys are even used against the taxpayer in order to keep us in the dark via a powerful system of ridicule, deflection and outright disinformation.

They are not just lighting up the sky they are doing something to the mind, something I believe is positive and something at the same time that scares the light out of the men who try very hard to keep the encounters secret.

Sand through a clenched fist – I am laughing!

As to how the visitors get here would be better realised perhaps if we forget about thinking in terms of speed of light and the vast gulfs between stars. Conceivably we may well be missing the point and that is we should not be thinking in terms of distance and velocity but something else entirely like powerful will and a system of travel we can no more understand than Cro-Magnon man could understand the concept of rockets and escape velocity.

I think the way to reach the stars efficiently will not be achieved at the hands of those who think it can be done like we might travel from America to Australia but by thinking in terms of vibration and the energies that bind matter.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

getting a bit fed up of aliens & ufo's

You do realize that you're posting in the "Aliens and UFOs" forum?

If it really bothers you so much, you could stop reading posts here. Posting in this forum announcing that you're sick of this forums named topic is tantamount to walking into a chuch and saying you're sick of religion.

"If America really bothers everyone why don't they just leave?
Staying here announcing that your sick of this country is tantamount to trolling."

See what happens when we think this way?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mythic Chris]

link   

Originally posted by seanizle
CHURCHILL COVERED UP UFOS

Not going to say anything else. This is very real, and governments have been covering it up for decades now.

LMAO This article says that a 1950`s Newspaper claims prime minister Winston Churchill ordered a UFO sighting be kept secret to prevent "mass panic".
This is not proof of anything there never has been any conclusive proof so i see where the OP is coming from.

The daily sport newspaper in the u.k claims aliens ate my hamster :-/

link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Hi peeps, Is anyone else getting a bit fed up of aliens & ufo's. All this started in 1947 at roswell, ever since...people have gone Hypo for ufo's etc. i,ve never once seen a pic or video..that shows me a 101% genuine ufo etc.
While I think Phil Klass earned his place on the UFO hall of shame with some of his force-fit explanations that didn't make sense, I still remember his curse:

"No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today. You will never know any more about what UFOs really are, or where they come from. You will never know any more about what the U.S. Government really knows about UFOs than you know today..."

That's turned out to be true for the most part, though we did have government disclosure about Roswell in 1994 but some people think it's just the latest lie in a series of lies.

So, maybe Klass was right about his UFO curse even if he screwed up some of his UFO explanations?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
Becuase time is Relative it actually wouldn't take that long at all. If you could travel 99.9% the speed of light, it only takes the occupants 20 months to travel 37 light years. At 99.99% the speed of light it would take 6 months to go 37 light years.

Huh?
If you're traveling at the speed of light to an object 37 light years from here, it would obviously take you 37 years to reach! How have you arrived at a figure of 6 months??? Alien physics??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: NOPE!
Here is why...

1] ATS motto "Deny Ignorance" and here is my take/twist on that... "Deny Ignorance 1st". This forum exists to debunk as well as provide what might just meet the burden of Proof requirements etc!

2] I'm not really on ATS to have fun. If I want fun then I will go to BTS and "Deny Boredom" and or head to ATS Chat Pub etc!

3] Speed of sound is 186,000 miles per second???
NOPE! It is the speed of light in a Vacuum that is 186,000 miles per second! The speed of sound is several MAGNITUDE smaller at a snails pace [i.e. speed of sound in earths atmosphere at sea level and also at 20 degrees Celsius/Centigrade. ] in comparision the speed of light and the speed of sound just like light changes in a more dense medium, but here is the crazy thing... light slows down and stretches [redshifts] when moving through a denser fluid medium [could be a semi transparent solid... or even a colloidal mixture etc.] BUT not if it was originally EMMITTED from that region of dense gases/vapors of elemental space fluff/dust in which case it will travel at that speed until the density increase [and the light slows more] or it will speed up TO the speed of light in a vacuum if that is the density of that localized bit of time +space.

Now amazingly and in reverse, Sound SPEEDS UP in a denser fluidic environment and is ultra fast through solids, so when comparing the two whilst they are extraordinariliy similar, except for some scale issues, their individual responses to different "localized to that region of time+space densities" is contrary to each others percieved nature!

P.S. Some consequences of Universal or TOTAL entanglement [re: the PURE state of the big bang singualrity before it expanded in over unity driven by the original impetus that created that singularity out of a PURE nothing in which there were no rules to prevent getting something for nothing.] is that the furthest reaches of anything and or everything is that it is entangled within you and all around you and is therefor NEXT to you right now already... if you would but choose to perseive it!

We all "Cognito ergo sum"'ed and moved rapidly on after unethically self assessing and having no other proof then just those thoughts which are self evident like ourselves and everyuthing else. What would you like to observe today/now/the present and also into the future??? Please try the last sentence of my signature for clues on the HOWS of that!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Because time is relative? The closer you get to the speed of light, time slows down.

It's Newtonian physics. Maybe he was an alien?

The observer sees it as 37 years, the occupants experience it at 6 months, due to relativity.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Actually, the closest star to Earth is Sun which would be reached in a little more than 8 minutes.

As for other stars, closest one is Proxima Centauri. You'd need to travel for 4 years and 2 months to reach it at the speed of light.

Saying 5 years...i was close enough..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

What he means is that because of time dilation, the occupants in a ship travelling 37 light years would only age 6 months. It would still take 37 years to get there, but the person would only be 6 months older.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yet here you are.

I'm sick and tired of others being sick and tired. I think I'll hang around though.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes, time dilation. Since the occupants age 6 months they feel as if only 6 months went by.

Here is a link explaining all the nuances:

www.garlikov.com...

If you were in a craft you would only be able to tell that 6 months went by and would only age 6 months. Of course, everyone on earth that you knew when you left would be long gone.

I'm just saying that the arguement that it's "too far" doesn't hold much weight.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And the reason to start this thread?

Is.....? (Second line)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

"If America really bothers everyone why don't they just leave?
Staying here announcing that your sick of this country is tantamount to trolling."

See what happens when we think this way?

Hmm.

I could see your point if the UFO forum were a country that the OP was a citizen of.

I'm pretty sure that he doesn't actually live here though.

If for any reason you feel that you are actually in a country called "The United Alien and UFO States of America" then you might want to consider getting a passport and visa. The other possibility is being deported to the "Rant Republic"

[edit on 5-8-2010 by badgerprints]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join