It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I didn't figure this out myself. I heard Stewart Swerdlow say it a few years ago. When I heard it, a light bulb went off in my head. I thought to myself, "That's it! That makes sense."

God also does not have gender. God is an "it."

Coming to these conclusions has liberated me quite a bit. Life loses much of its complexity after eliminating the confusion and division and hierarchy created by organized religion.

Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Organized religion is part of the problem we face on earth - not the solution. I think that many of the endless arguments people have where they're just spinning their wheels and getting absolutely nowhere in solving problems - is caused by people defending their religion.

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

Wow, in a sense I agree with you that GOD does not have a religeon. I would submit that all religeons were inspired to serve him .....the Alpha and Omega. When you are the "Alpha Being", you serve no one, and why would you? Where I disagree is that GOD is an "it". Just because he may not be female or male in that he doesn't have specified genetailia.....doesn't mean that he is reduced to the next 'worst' common denominator that our fleshy brains can comprehend. We live in a very limited existence, limited to flesh, bone dirt and rock. He rules a spiritual realm that we can't comprehend. Proof?
(1 Corinthians 2:9) - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
This means that our brains can't understand past our existence. If this is so, then how much less could we comprehend the creator and ruler of such a place. I promise you though he is NOT an "it" ....he is the all to end all and the beginning of all that is or was or is to come. An "it" is as low as the scale of respect as one can get and conversely GOD is exalted above all creation and all things in it or associated with or without it. Knowing this, I would silently ask for forgiveness from the GOD of all (Not talking about the god of the Freemasons or elites or world worshipping witches I am talking about the GOD that created their ungrateful gods.) I would ask for forgiveness...might want to go through Jesus, as he is the only way and mediator,
(John 14:6 King James Version)
Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
(1 Timothy 2:5)
"For there is one God and one Mediator
between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus."
.... as I was saying, I would ask for forgiveness for minimizing him as such and get on his side before it's too late. Not a threat, as you can do as you will, it's your choice, but you need to know the truth, not just what gets you to sleep at night. Times are tough for everyone now and we all want piece of mind and the freedom to do what our "natural" desires compel us to do, but it's just not that easy.
(Like 9: 23-26)
[23] Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. [24] For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. [25] What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? [26] If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."
so, it may help you sleep at night to think of GOD as an "it" so there's seemingly no spiritual recourse in this life, and it may work for awhile but make no mistake about it, it's like going to 'check into cash' it gives you temporary relief, but when the inevitable bill comes later.....you will pay interest. The bible refers to GOD as a "HE" many times so that we could relate. Why men? Because men were the head of the family in those days.....remember those days? Anyway, if you ask for forgiveness from Jesus, he will give it to you freely. I would though, as this post will reach many and possibly corrput them as well. I wouldn't want to be the recipient of that wrath from GOD.
(Luke 17:1-2 -KJV)
Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by 11118

It's just as likely that time does not exist for God. That way we were alive before we were born. But within time we were not.

That would destroy your idea.

Point is anything is possible. But there is not even any proof of God, so there's no way to know. And no logic in hypotheticals without proof.

But hey, it's a good novel.

Questions that I would ask myself.

Who am I?

Where am I?

I do not believe the physical body that is finite to be the same as me, the awareness that uses the body for experience of physicality.

I understand that any portion, no matter how big or small, contains the One Creator, which is Infinity.

I have existed before this life and after this life, as your body was born to die as planned out by yourself.

Answer me this, if the human life is all about survival and reproduction why would the complex, intricate human body eventually die? Why would anything die, the body cannot contradict it's original reasoning for existence, that reason being survival, according to scientists. That is because with each life there is a door opened and with each death a new door opened, like a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon - each life shaping who you are by the choices you made.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by 11118]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by 11118

I understand where you are going, but would not a 'creator' be a deity of sorts? Something that can be defined, or something that has some type of form?

She called God an 'it'.

'It' is a pronoun given to define something or someone.

Can Infinity be labeled as it. I don't know, maybe it can, but Infinity cannot be defined - because it cannot be measured. A deity is a thought form, not the one creating the thought, who created the deity.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wrong tree and not even the same forest ....

God this, God that ...

Heard this one before : History repeats it self ???

And it is self explanatory...

If after an huge Extinction Level Event, I indoctrinated the few survivors into thinking I created all that they see around them and if they hail me as God, Iwill save them, I will be the ultimate Creator 6500 years later, yet, Im just a dude with more knowledge than them, no God, just a Liar !..

[edit on 5/8/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
Can Infinity be labeled as it. I don't know, maybe it can, but Infinity cannot be defined - because it cannot be measured. A deity is a though form, not the one creating the thought.

Infinity is a concept that measures things. Concepts do not have shapes or form. If you turned the word into an object, I can see how your argument would make sense. Infinity is not a noun.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Christianity itself has many different divisions and more of them spring up every day. Now they have Christian reform churches and Scientology. I even seen a church of Jesus Scientist. Don't know what that is.

Anyway I can see why many people turn away. There are too many different beliefs going on with different misleading messages.

When I was young, my mother took me to a pentecostal church. All the minster talked about every sunday was how we were all going to burn in hell and I have to admit that it scared me. It scared me to the point where I didn't want anything to do with God for a long, long time.

It wasn't until later that I realized on my own, without church, that God is a loving God. And everything that happens and will happen to us is because of our own choosing. He doesn't wish for anyone to parish. Hell is a place for people who chose to go there. It's like this; if you want to join an organization, you have to prove that you belong there. The same is true for heaven. It's a choice. The way God sees it, we all have 1 of 2 masters, God or Satan. There is no in between, its one or the other. So if you don't choose God, you chose Satan by default. And hell is where satan and all those who chose him will go to spend eternity.

I chose God because I am eliminating the what if. It's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

reply to post by 11118

It's just as likely that time does not exist for God. That way we were alive before we were born. But within time we were not.

That would destroy your idea.

Point is anything is possible. But there is not even any proof of God, so there's no way to know. And no logic in hypotheticals without proof.

But hey, it's a good novel.

Questions that I would ask myself.

Who am I?

Where am I?

I do not believe the physical body that is finite to be the same as me, the awareness that uses the body for experience of physicality.

I understand that any portion, no matter how big or small, contains the One Creator, which is Infinity.

I have existed before this life and after this life, as your body was born to die as planned out by yourself.

Answer me this, if the human life is all about survival and reproduction why would the complex, intricate human body eventually die? Why would anything die, the body cannot contradict it's original reasoning for existence, that reason being survival, according to scientists. That is because with each life there is a door opened and with each death a new door opened, like a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon - each life shaping who you are by the choices you made.

Why does everyone these days have to turn GOD into something like Harry Potter? He just is what he is ......GOD OF ALL THAT IS, WAS AND EVER WILL BE.....no i'm not talking about Bret Hart either. Want proof of GOD, just look around you. The scientist that claim GOD doesn't exist, actually support the fact that he does with every breath they speak and all of their "findings" prove a supreme being. GOD is not some jigsaw puzzle for us to figure out,......The Bible tells you all about him......he's not a theory in an information starved society like we have now. Pick up a Bible (not the catholic one either) and read SOME of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Infinity can be used as a noun.

It cannot be a measurement but an expression of a noun as well.

Because there is no other word for a Creator that is boundless or everything, then we can use Infinity as a noun and an expression of that noun in either context. Language has limitations, the Creator/Infinity does not.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Father God is a creator God. The Hebrew texts give God male and female descriptions. The fact that he was father of Christ does not make God a man. It makes God a father. Now maybe you don't realize this, but The bible says women and men were created in God's image. It reinforces this by saying "both of them" afterwards. IE, God is a genderless creator as is the soul of his creation, who creates and has no gender.

A creator father figure can also have no gender. The Father created us. It's simply reflective of a society based on the male leadership. God is father. God has no gender. He is used because of the phrase father. The idea of an authoritative creative artist, as opposed to a mother. A mother God does not go well with God because it implies birth. But in fact God did not birth us. He just created us. There was no labor, no pain. Only a thought, then a form. The pain he felt from sin is like a father having a son who rejects him. A mother would peruse her child. A father would simply not speak to him directly, but perhaps indirectly. Or perhaps to the children of that child, like how God talks to the prophets.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Or the Creator is a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure itself out.

Thus the paradox of science, and thereon.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Okay, show me.

What does infinity (not the car) look like? Show me its physical form. The internet must be filled with images of infinity. Show me.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by 11118

Okay, show me.

What does infinity (not the car) look like? Show me its physical form. The internet must be filled with images of infinity. Show me.

Sorry, like I said because of the limitations of a finite continuum within infinity, Infinity cannot be shown as itself but can only be expressed in finite continuums that are endless due to Infinity being boundless.

There are Infinite finite continuums thus the reasoning of why the Creator (Infinity) trying to know itself (Infinity) continues into an eternal present.

That is why science fails to comprehend the Creator as it cannot be measured in a finite context that contradicts the theme of Infinity.

Infinity - www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Father God is a creator God. The Hebrew texts give God male and female descriptions. The fact that he was father of Christ does not make God a man. It makes God a father. Now maybe you don't realize this, but The bible says women and men were created in God's image. It reinforces this by saying "both of them" afterwards. IE, God is a genderless creator as is the soul of his creation, who creates and has no gender.

Actually, you took that out of context. You present your biblical reference based upon fundamentalism, and I am not a fundamentalist. When I read the portions of scripture that says, "Let 'us' make man in 'our' image". I see something very-very different than you do. Before I go further into details, can you tell me what God is saying with that phrase?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Who are you? You are you. I'll relate it to a personal experience.

I once had a traumatic dream after my Grandmother's death. I was fearful of deaths and prayed for an answer. What happens when I die? When I dreamed soon after, I awoke in a nothingness. I had no form. No body. Nothing to say I was alive. Absolutely no input for which to say I was alive. Only thought. And the silent non-voice of that thought. I think therefore I am, if you will. This was terrifying. Not to have a body. Not to walk. Nor to see, smell, or hear. Not to taste or even feel. An alien experience, for sure. Then from afar, suddenly there was light. And the light spoke. It said "I am who I am. You are who you are. We all are who we all are". Then the light exploded and the shock woke me up. I was so shocked that when I woke up, I was floating above my bed for a second, because every muscle in my body had been turned on thrown me into the air a foot.

Where are you? Look around. You are in a world constructed of molecules, constructed of atoms, constructed of quarks, constructed of energy, constructed of space time. A hierarchy. An existence. What you see is what you get. What you think is what you can make it into if you work. Your thoughts can not change your existence unless you work and make it so with some invention or something.

Your body is your temple. The tool you use to interact. The computer. Your operating system for the Universe.

You were atoms before this life, and to atoms you are now, and to atoms you will return. That atom will become photons, and those photons will eventually decay into the very substance of space time itself. And then it will all end and restart. And you atoms will be scattered into many other things. Your soul? If it did exist before who knows. Will exist after? Yes.

Life is a contradiction. Everything ends. Like I said. Even photons die. Even space time dies. Even dark matter died. Everything died, decays, and becomes nothingness.

Why is life complicated? because that's what evolution chose. Maybe you;d be a tree on another world. Who knows. Random events lead to random combinations. Post viewing it does not make it complicated. It's mistakes ontop of mistakes that lead to you, yet another mistake.

You too will die.

Science says everything will end. God and the Bible says everything will end. Even Heaven will end. It all will end. And then we'll chill with God, and be given new bodies in a new creation to replace the end. And then who knows what.

You die because free radicals destroy your dna. because a photon occasionally hits the electrons and knocks them out of their place, causing mutation. You die because everything does.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Actually you are mistaken.''Lord God''was the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob before he was the God of Moses.He was also the God of Noah and Adam and Eve and Enoch and King David and Elijah and Elisha and many many many others.He is also the God of many nations.Many many people have had encounters with ''Lord God''throughout history not just Moses and he wasnt the first.Just because something doesnt make sense to you and you dont understand it it dosent make it false.Just because someone cant prove something exsists or is real that doesnt mean it isnt.Open your eyes and your ears the proof you require is all around you.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For years there has been a Christian group of people teaching that almost all religion is false and is a hinderance to human peace and security. There is a thread on ATS I found last night that has been going on for over four years that talks about this.

And everyday more and more you see people really taking a stand against religion. It's high time all of it's fraud is exposed. There used to be a saying by this group of people that they used to preach much the shigrin of the clergy: "Religion is a snare and a racket." And it has been proposed that if tallied together, all of the money that the Churches have swindeled out of well-meaning unknowning followers to pray on behalf of their dead loved ones etc. would all equal to the greatest racket ever perpetuated on humankind.

But to say that God does not approve of any religion is not considering who he is. He is a God of order and peace. The Bible clearly states that he has his heavenly family organized, and he has always used certain humans, and then a nation to represent him (the nation of Israel until the death of Jesus.)

When Elijah challenged the Baal worshiping Israelites the question of whether all form of worship, or if all prayers ascend to the same God was answered quite decisively. The Baal priests had unholy rites they performed even stabbing themselves in pain to pray to their god Baal to answer them, he did not. Their god did not send fire from heaven to lick up their offering as was supposed to happen. Elijah mocked their god and said:

(1 Kings 18:27) . . .: “Call at the top of your voice, for he is a god; for he must be concerned with a matter, and he has excrement and has to go to the privy. Or maybe he is asleep and ought to wake up!”

Next Elijah set up his offering and spread water around it and made this prayer:

(1 Kings 18:36-37) . . .“O Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, today let it be known that you are God in Israel and I am your servant and it is by your word that I have done all these things. 37 Answer me, O Jehovah, answer me, that this people may know that you, Jehovah, are the [true] God and you yourself have turned their heart back.”

A prayer that was 30 words long in the original Hebrew. In that prayer he called to the true God by his name Jehovah three times. And did Jehovah God listen?:

(1 Kings 18:38-39) . . .At that the fire of Jehovah came falling and went eating up the burnt offering and the pieces of wood and the stones and the dust, and the water that was in the trench it licked up. 39 When all the people saw it, they immediately fell upon their faces and said: “Jehovah is the [true] God! Jehovah is the [true] God!”

No wonder that Jehovah himself who calls himself by his own name says regarding his true followers:

(Isaiah 43:10-11) . . .“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lets take a look then.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Interesting to note it says in the image he created HIM, then male and female THEM. I have no idea what to take this as. All I know is that they were created, then became male and female.

If you want to get fundamental, male was created first, and then from that female. But they are still the image of God. Gender is not in God.

To go deeper, he takes the form of man a few times. Some say this was always Christ. Others say Christ is God fully man and fully God, not God just taking on a mirage. That Christ is the human experience for God, not just a slip in, slip out, if you will.

So God has no gender, as he is spirit. Gender was created to divide man. Mankind is commonly divided throughout the bible. The purpose is clear. If we were all the same, we would not take kindly to that which is different. Perhaps this has to do with aliens or God only knows what. The point is simple. God divides man so man experiences division and works to understand it, making mankind stronger and more understanding to differences.

reply to post by Calender

Religion naturally comes out of God. Weather it's true or not is Man's control. Just like government naturally comes out of chaos.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

God doesn't exist.

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

No. There is no proof of God existing or not. It is all opinion. But if you want to get technical, somebody had to turn on and off gravity After the big bang, and differentiate the forces from their once-one form.

Could be aliens, could be God. But to simply state God does not exist is ignorant, as there is no proof either war.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have learned quite a bit in the past year or so when dealing with religion. I consider myself a spiritual guy, I am an individualist Christian. This means I have a tolerance to any and everyone around me, which includes their religion and experiences.

My thoughts are my own. Saying that, I do believe in Jesus as my lord because of personal life experiences which you guys may or may not understand.

I am not calling anyone a sinner because frankly, I don't know what constitutes as a sin. I can only say I have sinned or done wrong.

As for God doesn't have a religion, maybe. We won't know until we leave this planet.

From my understanding:

The devil dwells within the Earth and can only lurk on the Earth.

The dead reside within our atmosphere.

The angels reside within the heavens; universe.

And God watches over everything.

I know this seems like a stretch but meh, we are talking about spirituality.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join