It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

So, you are not a Christian or Jewish?

In order to believe in Jesus 'Christ' or 'God', you would have to dismiss all those stories about him being father...and, we as his children.

I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Do you really believe that God has no religion?

Of course He does...He's Catholic !!!

He invented the Catholic Religion !!!
Jesus was the first Catholic and Peter took over from there.

Anybody has the right to disagree with me but if you do then surely you are headed for hellfire !!!

So you had better VERY CAREFULLY watch what you say.
God can hear you. He's everywhere. He sees all. He knows all. He's all powerful.

I'd start by begging God's forgiveness and repenting NOW !!!

I'll pray for your soul...but not now 'cause the Mother Angelica Show starts in a few minutes.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by bruxfinn

Actually, I expressed my opinion, and I asked you for yours.

I disagree that stars and things have gender.

so... you disagree that our Earth, and the other planets, came from the side of our Sun?
you disagree that our Sun impregnated our Earth and that life emerged upon it?

if you say so.

What knowledge have you to make your disagreement valid?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

All of those could be argued to have a gender. But God still wouldn't He's called he because the phrase "founding father" is a lot older than America. people viewed the founder of a nation as a king. Historically, Israel is kind of the only nation in its time to not have a physical king at times.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Starting with the Earth's formation by accretion from the solar nebula 4.54 billion years ago (4.54 Ga),[1] the first eon in the Earth's history is called the Hadean.

Its about to get real...for you...I am not being mean by showing you this quite obvious truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn

so... you disagree that our Earth, and the other planets, came from the side of our Sun?

if you say so.

What force made the sun?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

I take it by your exercise in absurdity that you are infering that because be extremely absurd things all possible variations or concepts associated with it must be false. How illogical if you are.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would even go a step further and say that most religions are man made - and made, at that, by men who sought power rather than God or the Universal, or whatever you perceive it to be.

So, to some extent, most religions are a distortion of the truth, which has been manipulated and cut and pasted to suit those who wish to use it to subjugate and gain power over the masses.

I too truly believe that the Universal has no religion, and no gender. Gender is a concept/fact which belongs only to the physcical, material world but not to consciousness or Universal awareness.

Religions have caused more wars and more deaths than any other single factor. As such, it is impossible that they be a representation of the Divine.

As you say, without them we would rely on our conscience and our connection with the Universal, and I believe the world would be a much more peaceful place.

The more I think about the main world religions - Catholicism, other aspects of Christianity, Zionism - all these religions foment so much negativity...sin, guilt, hatred, judgementalism, punishment, revenge, violence, wars, etc. How can they possibly purport to be the vehicle for God, Love, Oneness, the Divine?

So, increasingly I believe religion takes us further away from what is divine,from what is good in each person, from oneness and peace rather than being a vehicle for encouraging more of that in people's hearts and in our world.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godz Enigma

if you say so.

What force made the sun?

Our solar system formed about 5 billion years ago, from an enormous cloud of dust and gas, a nebula.The Sun, like other stars, was formed in a nebula, an interstellar cloud of dust and gas (mostly hydrogen). These stellar nurseries are abundant in the arms of spiral galaxies (like our galaxy, the Milky Way).

In the stellar nursery, dense parts of the clouds undergo gravitational collapse and compress to form a rotating gas globule.

Our Sun was a spin off from other Suns.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

and those forces that set forth the creation of those suns?

Do u think it has a gender?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
So, you are not a Christian or Jewish?

No, I'm not. (I was raised a Christian, however.)

Originally posted by Section31
In order to believe in Jesus 'Christ' or 'God', you would have to dismiss all those stories about him being father...and, we as his children.

Why?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I believe I agree that God has no religion, but the question that comes to my mind when someone mentions God is:

What God are you talking about that has no religion? (rhetorical)

Trace monotheism to it's roots if you are looking for what God is. Don't imagine one.

Also, a point to mention is that the God mentioned in the Bible, as well as Jesus, condemned religion and man-made traditions. So the bible may agree with you as well.

God is truth and love.

Lies and hatred are evil.

Simple, but even I need to be reminded at times, and I think I have a pretty good head on my shoulders.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

Ah but the concept of a "higher power" does not depend upon the parts that are undoubtly devices for control.

I dont understand what that means mate

Or are you saying. That there is actually a god. And his lessons have been diluted with mans bible falsifications & control methods?

Because thats all i could gleen from the comment

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
I'll pray for your soul...but not now 'cause the Mother Angelica Show starts in a few minutes.

What's the Mother Angelica Show?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

lolwut?

A cloud dust from the galaxy found a central pull and compressed into a star from gravity. Then the left overs found their relative central pulls and from planets. Nothing impregnated anything. lol. Life came about because a photon hit a stable molecule and an electron popped out and started seeking other molecules to feed the missing space.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This topic is in the wrong forum but anyways...

I agree with what you say about the dastardly concept of in-group morality that is organized religion and how it destroys the unity of humanity (New Age Christian thought and Buddhism is pretty cool though).

However I disagree with what you label as "god". God just being the life-force within all things living hardly constitutes the label "god". This "life force" reminds me of dark matter , except that the dark matter postulation actually has some rational argument behind its invocation.

The "life force" , if real , is godly how? That is like saying dark matter or energy is godly or inertia is a deity. They are unseen and have a hand in moving objects .

Does this "life-force" have a cause? Is it created? Did it create the universe? Does it assemble RNA, DNA, proteins, etc?

Sorry to be skeptical, I just like to question things a lot. I think to label something "god" that thing needs "godly" attributes not just be mysterious. Many things are mysterious and they are not "god".

[edit on 5-8-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The concept of a god does not require that it be a control freak or any other of a number of ideas welded onto the concept by any number of various institutes.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What does that have to do with gender? Are you changing the subject?

And I don't know what you mean by "the side of our Sun."

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

lol. Quarks have gender... in a sense. A lot more than two though. So yea. haha.

All gender is is a need for another to complete a whole.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

The concept of a god does not require that it be a control freak or any other of a number of ideas welded onto the concept by any number of various institutes.

Thats what i thought....I was right in the first place

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Matt.Trakker]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join