It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by mjd59

How do you know?

Because ive educated myself.

These views are exciting, and in this world we live in it appears plausible.

I dont discount the possibility of life on other planets, or life elsewhere.

Im just saying mythology should be understood in a purely psycho-spiritual manner. Thats what the ancients meant by it.

Also, you should read up on CG Jungs opinion of UFO's. terrence mckenna also commented on it. UFOs are the physical manifestation of a spiritual quandary that collectively affects mankind.

It always appears in periods of spiritual agnosticism/atheism. Ones higher self is symbolized by the heavens. Are Nesham (self consciousness) is present within us, so our bodies would be symbolic of this state. Whereas our unconscious, soul, which 'encompasses' our lower consciousness from without, would be symbolized by the heavens. Thus, when a orb floating in the air appears, its NOT anything but a physical manifestation of yuor higher self. Its beuatiful that this happens, and it truly does speak of a reality that is completely alive with the pulse of spirituality. But, its not UFO's, this again is trickey and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

There are no facts that are 100% reliable. No matter what it is, more information can come out later to change what has previously been established as "fact."

People can laugh all they want. That's their prerogative. Shows an attitude, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Mary Rose

I may have to start reading him. I don't really read or study.

I just resonate with what seems real and right to me. As does everyone I guess.

I'm actually very cautious about focusing on any one belief - or person. I'm cautious of being influenced by outside words - - rather then internal or meditative "messages".

Wow, you dont read or educate yourself, you just vibe with what you FEEL is the truth?

And thats why youre in the position you are now.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjd59

No, not just my opinion. Its actually a concrete fact.

It is a delusion - to believe there are concrete facts.

I can play this game too.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm actually very cautious about focusing on any one belief - or person. I'm cautious of being influenced by outside words - - rather then internal or meditative "messages".

Wow, you dont read or educate yourself, you just vibe with what you FEEL is the truth?

YES - - and I love the position I am in right now.

Like I said - - I've had Experiences since birth. I KNOW there is more going on then what is known as physical existence.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by mjd59

There are no facts that are 100% reliable. No matter what it is, more information can come out later to change what has previously been established as "fact."

People can laugh all they want. That's their prerogative. Shows an attitude, in my opinion.

OK Whatever. Enjoy your aliens.

heres some websites yuo would enjoy

abundanthope.net
four-winds.org
Galacticfederation.org

They channel sanat kumara and christ michael. Ascended masters from outer space.

Crack yuorself up with it. These guys deserve a prize in scifi literature.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

What if you body is made in such a perfect design to pick up on vibrations, the nature of things, energies of people, so you can sift and measure through reasoning and understanding, the nature of the Holy Spirit?

What if?

Your body is just an instrument, finely tuned to sift out what 'God' is?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

In the final analysis that's what we all should do, I think - test every bit of information by listening to our inner voice in response to whatever information we're exposed to - either by chance or by choice.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

I'm not interested.

Your sarcasm is palpable. Why are you on this thread? What do you expect to gain?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

YES - - and I love the position I am in right now.

Like I said - - I've had Experiences since birth. I KNOW there is more going on then what is known as physical existence.

Everyone has experiences. Schizophrenics have experiences. At night i have experiences.

Everything we experience is our waking life is stored in our personal unconscious. Everything thats experienced in the world around is so stored in mankinds 'collective unconscious'. Because weve been exposed to ideas like space aliens and first contact, when such experiences occur, people dont appreciate them for what they are. Projections from ones unconscious. In the past people had experiences with nymphs, elves, gnomes. And indeed, these are spiritual entities. However, they are not physical, theyre only symbolically related to physical objects/states. Whether that be a blade of grass, water, wind. These forces, objects are imbued with a spirit that can manifest if one were to seek to experience the spiritual reality of those forces. But, today, ones inner experience/archetype chooses a symbol which resonates with it, from the collective human unconscious. In some cases, some people have experiences that traumatize them so badly that they occur over and over again, and become repetitive experiences. This is what youre clearly dealing with.

You only become crazy when you believe it and dont make the separation between fantasy and reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by mjd59

What if you body is made in such a perfect design to pick up on vibrations, the nature of things, energies of people, so you can sift and measure through reasoning and understanding, the nature of the Holy Spirit?

What if?

Your body is just an instrument, finely tuned to sift out what 'God' is?

Nobody has that, and if you BELIEVED you had that, than youre simply deluding yourself.

G-d created us with a Mind. An analytical mind to process truth from falsehood.

Thats the only way to arrive at truth. This is why our head is above our hearts. Our hearts are naturally deceieved when not guided by our heads. The hearts is located at the left - the side of Gevurah. This symbolizes the hearts/emotions naturally susceptibility to seek whatever its drawn towards. This can be bad unless the mind assesses and evaluates what it is first. The Heart is the seat of the soul, and it is the point and crux of existence. feeling is what makes something good or bad. and we all want to feel good. But we have to know, use our G-d given powers of cogitation, to recognize whats true and whats false.

This is what Talmudic study in Judaism is all about. To sharpen the mind, so that it can better know intuitively whats real and whats not. They have to work together. Not one completely supressing the other.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have to say - people telling me to READ MAN'S WORDS - - to understand - - cracks me up.

Do not religious leaders Pray and Meditate for Divine guidance?

I guess it is OK for them - - because they have MAN'S WORDS to guide them in their prayers and meditation.

Talk about Silly

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

In the final analysis that's what we all should do, I think - test every bit of information by listening to our inner voice in response to whatever information we're exposed to - either by chance or by choice.

Absolutely!!!!!!!

I do let information flow in - - but then it must be filtered by my own energy consciousness.

I am not going to say (do): "Oh I like what this person says - - so I am going to read and study everything he has done". That's a trap one can fall into - - giving away their own independent thought and power.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

They channel sanat kumara and christ michael. Ascended masters from outer space.

With energy communication - telepathy - what is the point of a name?

I have no idea what those names mean.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a vivid imagination with an uncoupled rational reasoning intellect is a dangerous thing, New Age Consciousness without conscious thought, just emotional feelings and vivid nightime hallucinations.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

Right...well when I finally allowed myself my spiritual right to use my mind to analyze things...and through the Holy Spirit to discern things, the first thing I found was that religion is of man, not of Spirit.

Continuing on this path, I feel the Holy Spirit has taught me many things. Things that were not found in books nor could be passed onto me by another man.

You claim things like 'no one can do that'....you claim you KNOW truths.

When I left religion, I learned its ok to NOT KNOW absolutes...but keeping an open mind allowing the Spirit to show us things.

I learned that spiritual understandings can not just be given to man through a book or another man. As we all seek within, we find personally, what we are in need of. This is why some dont see things the same as others. We are offered what we are ready for...and with a closed mind (thinking we KNOW truth)....there is no way for the Spirit to show us things.

You can claim its impossible that our bodies are made as instruments to sift and discern things...but that doesnt make your claim a truth.

You talk about being able to use our minds to analyze things....but the main stream religions teach against using your own reasoning.

If all the answers are just given to us....why would Jesus tell us to seek within? Why would he of taught that the food can not be given to those that wont understand it? Why didnt he teach to the crowds the same things he taught to his disciples?

I learned the most through the Spirit, when I opened my mind and admitted to God...I know nothing with any certainty. After times of fasting, much forgiveness to others, to the world, to mankind as a whole unit....times of going to God and letting Thee know that I didnt think I was supposed to learn about Thee by being told through other men what God's nature and purpose was...The Spirit then began to guide me.

Call it what you will....Im very thankful for it. It has changed my life.

If you think following the masses is one using their own mind to analyze, I must say I highly disagree...but kindly disagree.

My best to you
LV

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
a vivid imagination with an uncoupled rational reasoning intellect is a dangerous thing, New Age Consciousness without conscious thought, just emotional feelings and vivid nightime hallucinations.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - Fear of a controlling god.

Always good for the soul.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you for your perspective.

It is volutional obedience to the
God of my personal understanding
and the absoute truth of His Moral Will.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

My perspective:-

It is my free thinking and reasoned choice to withdraw from any theory of a God, i will not submit to obediance on the measure of any scripture or bible, i will not be servile. I will not subscribe to the fact that morality is objective, God being the instigator of it's objectivity. I believe everyone is responsible for themselves, and morality is subjective.

But we as humans can act with intelligence, compassion and love and come to intelligent mutual understandings that are taught from birth to allow us to unite together instead of be separated by theories, in conflict forever as religious theories are absolute, they are not subject to change.

If man changes the bible or scripture, it is man who has changed it, not God. Proving God is not objective. God said hate the gays, now the Christians be like "we aint hating gays". Therefore man created God.

Toodles.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

One perspective to another. I'll keep mine.

Do you mean "volitional"? That you are choosing to be obedient.

Does that mean you are using independent thought to choose what you believe - by what you personally understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join